Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Booth (A)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Booth (A)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Send PM
Re: Ask ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Victor19 wrote:
Hi ,

Could you please evaluate my profile.

About Me:

Age - 24
GMAT : 730 (Q-50, V-40, IR-8, AWA- Haven't received score yet)
Nationality: Indian
Undergrad: 9.01/10 - Anna University (1 of the top 10 universities in India) - Top 1% of graduating class - Gold medalist + received partial merit scholarships.
12th : 97.17%
10th : 96.6 %
Work : Currently working as Senior Analyst in a top US MNC (Fortune 100) (3+ years) - 1 Promotion so far. (May not get another one by the time I apply as that is the norm here)
People managed : Max. 4 people for a brief period of time. Currently managing only 1 person.
Overall Work Experience : Planning to apply R2 this year or R1/R2 next year based on your feedback. So, work experience will accumulate depending on that.
Extracurriculars & Leadership positions : Have a bunch from college and work. Also worked with an NGO during college.

Any tips or suggestions would be very much appreciated, but I have a few specific questions into which I would love some insight as well:
1. Which US B-schools should I target?
2. Any advantage with UK/European B-Schools in terms of scholarships ?
3. Is my profile good enough to get decent scholarships in the Top 20 US b-schools?
4. What more can I do to strengthen my profile so that my chances of making to Top 20 schools increase?
5. What should I improve to increase my chances of scholarships in these schools ?
6. Is my GMAT score okay or should I retake the GMAT again to get an even higher score ?
7. When should I apply - R1 vs R2 ?

Thank you for your time.

Hi Victor19,

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations.

My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO.

You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:

Academics – Strong GPA + Gold medallist + Merit-based scholarship- Superb! We would like to know about your bachelor’s course, as well.

GMAT - Well, 730 is a fine score!

Work Experience –On the surface, the experience looks good with promotion and managerial skills. With 3+ years of experience, you can apply to this year, as well (unless you think there will be some very substantial improvement in your profile- promotions/international projects, etc.). We would like to see your CV to understand the impact of your work, international exposure, roles, and responsibilities, etc. better.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – Good to have volunteering and leadership experience. Tell us about your hobbies and interests, as well.

Answers to your queries:
    a) While you have a good case in top schools, suggestion on which school depends upon your career goals.
    b) There is no particular advantage w.r.t. scholarship in UK/EU schools.
    c) Would love to discuss more on your profile to tell about your chances of scholarship
    d) In case, you are applying to 2022, there isn’t much time left to strengthen your profile. 😊
    e) Scholarships are generally merit-based, so depends on how you present your application.
    f) For GMAT as they say- the higher the better. 730 is a fine score (close to the class average of almost all top schools). But, in case you think you can do better, additional 10-20 points will give you an advantage.
    g) R1 deadlines are around the corner (some are gone as well). So basically depends on which schools you are applying to. Just one thing- apply when you feel most confident about your profile (Rounds do not matter much).

All in all, sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

All the best. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
Hi Victor19,

Academics – Strong GPA + Gold medallist + Merit-based scholarship- Superb! We would like to know about your bachelor’s course, as well.

GMAT - Well, 730 is a fine score!

Work Experience –On the surface, the experience looks good with promotion and managerial skills. With 3+ years of experience, you can apply to this year, as well (unless you think there will be some very substantial improvement in your profile- promotions/international projects, etc.). We would like to see your CV to understand the impact of your work, international exposure, roles, and responsibilities, etc. better.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – Good to have volunteering and leadership experience. Tell us about your hobbies and interests, as well.

Answers to your queries:
    a) While you have a good case in top schools, suggestion on which school depends upon your career goals.
    b) There is no particular advantage w.r.t. scholarship in UK/EU schools.
    c) Would love to discuss more on your profile to tell about your chances of scholarship
    d) In case, you are applying to 2022, there isn’t much time left to strengthen your profile. 😊
    e) Scholarships are generally merit-based, so depends on how you present your application.
    f) For GMAT as they say- the higher the better. 730 is a fine score (close to the class average of almost all top schools). But, in case you think you can do better, additional 10-20 points will give you an advantage.
    g) R1 deadlines are around the corner (some are gone as well). So basically depends on which schools you are applying to. Just one thing- apply when you feel most confident about your profile (Rounds do not matter much).

All in all, sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

Hi Priyanka,

Thanks for your quick feedback. Following up on your post with the details you requested.

I graduated with a B.E in Mechanical Engineering. While I do not have any international experience as of now, I doubt if I will have any in the future too owing to the pandemic. But part of my team sits in the U.S and I work with them from here.

a) I intend to get into a Strategy and/or Operations Consulting post MBA. Kindly suggest schools based on that.
g) Yes, cannot apply to R1 this year. B/w R1 and R2 for next what would be your suggestion based on scholarship probability from your admissions experience so far.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello ARINGO,

I'm hoping to get a profile evaluation! Here are my stats:

Ethnicity: African American
Work Experience: 3yrs On Premise Sales Consultant at Top Liquor Distributor in NYC
GMAT: 670 (35 V, 47Q)
GPA: 2.7 (Top 25 Private University)
ECs: Former D1 football player
Extra: I got my job through a fast track Leadership management program for student athletes meant to place former athletes into corporate management/administrative roles in CGP. The program is sponsored by the E&J Gallo.

Schools applying to: CBS, BOOTH, STERN, FUQUA, TUCK, JOHNSON, YALE, WHARTON, HBS

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you all!!
Send PM
Expert Reply
GStoic wrote:
Hello ARINGO,

I'm hoping to get a profile evaluation! Here are my stats:

Ethnicity: African American
Work Experience: 3yrs On Premise Sales Consultant at Top Liquor Distributor in NYC
GMAT: 670 (35 V, 47Q)
GPA: 2.7 (Top 25 Private University)
ECs: Former D1 football player
Extra: I got my job through a fast track Leadership management program for student athletes meant to place former athletes into corporate management/administrative roles in CGP. The program is sponsored by the E&J Gallo.

Schools applying to: CBS, BOOTH, STERN, FUQUA, TUCK, JOHNSON, YALE, WHARTON, HBS

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you all!!

Hi GStoic
Shimri from ARINGO here.
Thanks for sharing this data!
on the good side of things:
- You went to a good university
- You tick some minor boxes
- You were an athlete
- Leadership management program - always a good thing

on the less good side of things:
- Low GPA
- Low GMAT
- Fewer years of experience than the average (= less work experience)

Will this be enough for Wharton and HBS? based on the above "dry" details, I seriously doubt it.
Your chances are definitely much higher at Duke, Tuck, Yale, and Cornell.

BUT, I really don't know you enough to give you a deeper chances estimation. Perhaps you have an incredible life story? or have made amazing career progress?
In any case, if you want some help writing stellar applications and overcoming mediocre GPA and GMAT, you have come to the right place. happy to discuss further. you can find me on shimriw@ARINGO.com or we can talk (schedule a call with me via my calendar link here: https://calendly.com/shimriw).

In any case, GOOD LUCK!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Aringo

Please evaluate my profile for the schools listed below:

Ethnicity: Asian Indian
Work Experience: 5yrs spread across Software Development, Customer Success and Sales
GMAT: 700 (39 V, 47Q)
GPA: 6.82/10 (India's Top Private University, BITS Pilani)
ECs: Vocalist for College music society, Volunteer for education of janitorial staff, Mentor for student-led learning initiatives
Achievements: President's club in current role, as well as top 1% in previous roles in Customer Success

Schools applying to: Duke, ISB, Kelley, USC Marshall, UCLA, Foster, ASU, Scheller, INSEAD, Tepper
Send PM
Expert Reply
rohansnh wrote:
Hi Aringo

Please evaluate my profile for the schools listed below:

Ethnicity: Asian Indian
Work Experience: 5yrs spread across Software Development, Customer Success and Sales
GMAT: 700 (39 V, 47Q)
GPA: 6.82/10 (India's Top Private University, BITS Pilani)
ECs: Vocalist for College music society, Volunteer for education of janitorial staff, Mentor for student-led learning initiatives
Achievements: President's club in current role, as well as top 1% in previous roles in Customer Success

Schools applying to: Duke, ISB, Kelley, USC Marshall, UCLA, Foster, ASU, Scheller, INSEAD, Tepper

Hi Rohansnh,

My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO. You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:

Academics – Undergrad from BITS- Nice! We would like to know your class percentile, as well.

GMAT - Well, 700 is a fine score!

Work Experience –You have good and diverse experience. We would like to know more about your roles and responsibilities, the impact of your work, career trajectory, international exposure, etc.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work- Interesting hobbies and some serious volunteering work.

School list – Good balance of schools. 😊

All in all, sounds like you have a good profile! For a deeper profile review, please share your CV with Shimri Winters (shimriw@aringo.com), Head of Strategy at ARINGO.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Kudos
Indian male engineer, Gmat 650, 12yrs WE(first 3 as lecturer in engineering college, next 8 in core psu mechanical maintenance management)

Keen for European mba in hope to Relocate.

Acads are mixed bag, stories can be made.

What colleges are my best shot (safe shot to secure ranked colleges).

Mannheim, rotterdam, Warwick, alliance etc is what I came to know a bit about but don't know enough.

I already have an offer from. Top 5 colleges of India. If there's any safe ranked college then I may leave this admission or else I'll. Pay their fee.

Please respond ASAP.

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tanmay1357 wrote:
Indian male engineer, Gmat 650, 12yrs WE(first 3 as lecturer in engineering college, next 8 in core psu mechanical maintenance management)

Keen for European mba in hope to Relocate.

Acads are mixed bag, stories can be made.

What colleges are my best shot (safe shot to secure ranked colleges).

Mannheim, rotterdam, Warwick, alliance etc is what I came to know a bit about but don't know enough.

I already have an offer from. Top 5 colleges of India. If there's any safe ranked college then I may leave this admission or else I'll. Pay their fee.

Please respond ASAP.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Tanmay1357,

Your work experience of 12 years is higher than the class average for any B school’s MBA program (and GMAT+ Academics are average). Hence, we suggest exploring the following options- MBAs for mid-career professionals (https://www.aringo.com/mba-over-30/) or EMBA programs (https://www.aringo.com/emba-programs/).

In case you are not interested in the above-mentioned programs, we suggest proceeding with the offer that you have in hand. 😊

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 263
Send PM
I need Computer adaptive mocks to practice. How can I get Kaplan Computer adaptive tests at a lower price? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
Looking for a review for UCLA Anderson:

Ethnicity: Asian American
Work Experience: 2 years as analyst at startup (also interned there when they were 50 employees), sole analyst on my team working to support 40+ people. I also manage our BI tool for 100+ users and work with members of all departments in our 200 person company.
GMAT: exam 1 680(42Q/41V) cancelled, exam 2 online 690(48Q/36V), exam 3 680(47Q/37V) cancelled (planning on one more retake next week online... mocks have been around 710/720, I just can't capitalize on the actual exams). I'm wonder if I should uncancel exam 1 and send it with exam 2 just to show I'm capable of doing good on verbal.
GPA: 3.96 at top 25 private, major in communication, minor in analytics, had honors in major and wrote a senior thesis
ECs: Coordinator for internship program at work, volunteer 1x a week doing virtual tours, do weekly analysis on my Twitter account for 500 followers, played ice hockey in undergrad and will continue when covid is over
Why MBA/why now: I'm super unhappy as an analyst and want to get more into marketing strategy. I'm hoping to become a growth marketer and I want to learn the skills from a top marketing program (UCLA). I'm hoping the MBA will allow me to change professions and still receive a similar or higher salary.

I'm also considering the MS Marketing program at USC. I have a better chance of getting in there but I can't find much career info for it.
Send PM
Expert Reply
meliwazhere wrote:
Looking for a review for UCLA Anderson:

Ethnicity: Asian American
Work Experience: 2 years as analyst at startup (also interned there when they were 50 employees), sole analyst on my team working to support 40+ people. I also manage our BI tool for 100+ users and work with members of all departments in our 200 person company.
GMAT: exam 1 680(42Q/41V) cancelled, exam 2 online 690(48Q/36V), exam 3 680(47Q/37V) cancelled (planning on one more retake next week online... mocks have been around 710/720, I just can't capitalize on the actual exams). I'm wonder if I should uncancel exam 1 and send it with exam 2 just to show I'm capable of doing good on verbal.
GPA: 3.96 at top 25 private, major in communication, minor in analytics, had honors in major and wrote a senior thesis
ECs: Coordinator for internship program at work, volunteer 1x a week doing virtual tours, do weekly analysis on my Twitter account for 500 followers, played ice hockey in undergrad and will continue when covid is over
Why MBA/why now: I'm super unhappy as an analyst and want to get more into marketing strategy. I'm hoping to become a growth marketer and I want to learn the skills from a top marketing program (UCLA). I'm hoping the MBA will allow me to change professions and still receive a similar or higher salary.

I'm also considering the MS Marketing program at USC. I have a better chance of getting in there but I can't find much career info for it.

Hi meliwazhere
Thanks for reaching out to ARINGO
My name is Shimri Winters and I head the strategy team here

From what I can see:
Good: impressive degree, great GPA, impressive work experience, nice extracurricular activities!
Less good: 690 (report the higher total score), and "only" 2 y of full time experience

Are you planning on applying to the full-time or part-time UCLA MBA?
The full time might be a stretch for you, due to the lower than average work experience/age/GMAT.
Although worth a try!

The MS MArketing at USC is a good option, and as you said, has higher chances of acceptance. the "problem" is it is hard to know where your career will move to after that degree, unlike an MBA

Hope the above helps!
Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps. As always, I can be reached at Shimriw@ARINGO.com
GOOD LUCK!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
How would you rank SMEAL business school out of B-schools in USA ?
Send PM
Expert Reply
SD03UCLA wrote:
How would you rank SMEAL business school out of B-schools in USA ?

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-sc ... k%20(Smeal)%20is%20ranked%20No,tie)%20in%20Best%20Business%20Schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I would like your opinion regarding my chances of getting into one of the three colleges in Round 1 (Planning 2022 September joining): Mannheim, WHU, ESMT

GMAT: 660 (Q-50, V-31, IR-6, AWA-6)
Undergrad: 7.7/10 - GITAM University
12th: 86%
10th: 82% %
Work: Total 7 and half years of work experience. Currently working as a Software Consultant at a Swedish engineering and solutions firm, based out of India. Have 8 months of international experience in Dubai, at an EPC company. Have provided customer training in Doha, Dubai and various cities in India.
Received 1 Half-Yearly award, 5 Quarterly awards and 2 Certificates of Appreciation for exemplary work.
Extra-Curricular: Played football at college and corporate level. Represented College at various inter-college tournaments. Represented present company at various corporate tournaments.

Planning to take up Product management as part of my MBA program.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Chat92 wrote:
Hi,

I would like your opinion regarding my chances of getting into one of the three colleges in Round 1 (Planning 2022 September joining): Mannheim, WHU, ESMT

GMAT: 660 (Q-50, V-31, IR-6, AWA-6)
Undergrad: 7.7/10 - GITAM University
12th: 86%
10th: 82% %
Work: Total 7 and half years of work experience. Currently working as a Software Consultant at a Swedish engineering and solutions firm, based out of India. Have 8 months of international experience in Dubai, at an EPC company. Have provided customer training in Doha, Dubai and various cities in India.
Received 1 Half-Yearly award, 5 Quarterly awards and 2 Certificates of Appreciation for exemplary work.
Extra-Curricular: Played football at college and corporate level. Represented College at various inter-college tournaments. Represented present company at various corporate tournaments.

Planning to take up Product management as part of my MBA program.

Hi Chat92,

Academics – good GPA. We would like to know your percentile as well.

GMAT - Well, a GMAT score of 660 is close to the class average of your target schools (though a slightly higher GMAT is expected from an Indian male candidate😊)

Work Experience –You have a good experience coupled with strong international exposure. Numerous awards demonstrate your excellence at the workplace. We would like to see your CV to understand your roles and responsibilities, career trajectory, the impact of your work, leadership skills, etc.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – Interesting hobbies. Any volunteer work?

Your career goals – On the surface, your career goals look fine but will be able to give more insights once you share your CV.

School list – Your school list is quite balanced which is good.

All in all, sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV and other info on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Arlingo

Looking to get an opinion on what schools would be targets/reaches/safeties.

Background:

Age/Sex/Nationality:
[*]33/F/Indian

Work Ex: (6 years currently):
[*]Management Consultant in Healthcare sector 3 year in a Big 4 consulting with 1 promotion (5 years)
[*]1 year as a senior business analyst at a world reputed research firm

ECs:
[*]Have been an active member of the Dramatics Club in college
[*]Helped in organising a literary fest in the city

Undergrad School/Major:
[*]Engineering in Information Technology from a top 5 public university in the state

Stats:
[*]GMAT: 710 (Q49 V38 IR 5 AWA 5)

MBA Info:
[*]Goals: Interested in gaining greater global exposure and a more strategic role in consulting
[*]Would be applying this year (Class of 2023)

I am looking at INSEAD and LBS in UK, US- Booth, Stanford, Yale

Please advise.
Send PM
Expert Reply
TheSeeker60 wrote:
Hi Arlingo

Looking to get an opinion on what schools would be targets/reaches/safeties.

Background:

Age/Sex/Nationality:
[*]33/F/Indian

Work Ex: (6 years currently):
[*]Management Consultant in Healthcare sector 3 year in a Big 4 consulting with 1 promotion (5 years)
[*]1 year as a senior business analyst at a world reputed research firm

ECs:
[*]Have been an active member of the Dramatics Club in college
[*]Helped in organising a literary fest in the city

Undergrad School/Major:
[*]Engineering in Information Technology from a top 5 public university in the state

Stats:
[*]GMAT: 710 (Q49 V38 IR 5 AWA 5)

MBA Info:
[*]Goals: Interested in gaining greater global exposure and a more strategic role in consulting
[*]Would be applying this year (Class of 2023)

I am looking at INSEAD and LBS in UK, US- Booth, Stanford, Yale

Please advise.

Hi TheSeeker60,

Academics – Bachelor’s done from a good university. We would like to know your GPA and class percentile.

GMAT - Well, 710 is a fine score!

Work Experience –Your experience looks good including the promotion. We would like to see your CV to understand the roles and responsibilities, the impact of your work, leadership skills, etc.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – Good ECs. Any volunteering work?

Your career goals - Your career goals look fine as this is a logical extension of what you are doing presently but will be able to give more insights once you share your CV.

School list – All schools on the list are a bit competitive so we suggest having some safe schools, as well.

All in all, sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV and other info on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review on schools and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72  ...  75