Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 163
Schools: IIMA PGPX'23
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39 (Online)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2022 Intake, Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Kudos
just my 2 bits, I think diversity and type of experience matters more after Shortlisted for Interview for IIM A. Last year IIM A was my first ever MBA interview and it was below average, I didn’t answer regular MBA answers also perfectly, still I was shortlisted. This year, 750, above average Interview, still shortlisted. Only thing I see is I have 13+ years of IT experience, and they thought to waitlist to see if they get a better person with similar kind of profile/experience to add to class diversity
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2022 Intake, Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Kudos
I am a female candidate from mechanical branch working in an oil and gas psu for over 9 years. I think so it is a diverse experience. May be the fact that I have so many years of experience in a psu is the reason for rejection. I attended a webinar in which one professor said that if the no of years in a psu is more then the selection will become difficult.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Vikassingla Congratulations

@vVikassingla can you please share your GMAT score and profile for benefit of others

Originally posted by AdityaSP on 24 Sep 2021, 23:17.
Last edited by AdityaSP on 24 Sep 2021, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3
Send PM
sssanskaar wrote:
Adrija19june wrote:
@sssamskaar what is your job related to and no of experience. My interview also went well, but I got rejected. I am trying to understand what went wrong. Is it the gmat score I have a gmat score of 700. Or the fact that I don’t have international experience.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/hi-please-ev ... l#p2843441

I don’t think that gmat score or international work ex are mattering here because i know atleast 3 people with 740+ score with government sector background and with similar smooth as well as grilling interview rounds who got rejected!

Since yesterday i have been introspecting about this. The most logical answer i can find is that iim a found better candidates than me. Or maybe not I don’t know. My extempore and interview both went really well.

So not able to comprehend at all.

Hey @sssamskaar,

How was your interview experience? Not the extempore, but questions around your work-ex.

Did you falter in explaining your experience or was it just not diverse enough for the adcom?

Can you briefly explain your profile?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
kagrawal16 wrote:
sssanskaar wrote:
Adrija19june wrote:
@sssamskaar what is your job related to and no of experience. My interview also went well, but I got rejected. I am trying to understand what went wrong. Is it the gmat score I have a gmat score of 700. Or the fact that I don’t have international experience.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/hi-please-ev ... l#p2843441

I don’t think that gmat score or international work ex are mattering here because i know atleast 3 people with 740+ score with government sector background and with similar smooth as well as grilling interview rounds who got rejected!

Since yesterday i have been introspecting about this. The most logical answer i can find is that iim a found better candidates than me. Or maybe not I don’t know. My extempore and interview both went really well.

So not able to comprehend at all.

Hey @sssamskaar,

How was your interview experience? Not the extempore, but questions around your work-ex.

Did you falter in explaining your experience or was it just not diverse enough for the adcom?

Can you briefly explain your profile?

Sure.

My interview lasted around 10 mins after the extempore round. I am into automation testing with experience of 8 years acting as a team leader in my company.
I have awards and recognitions from the client and company leadership almost every 1-1.5 years(I have submitted all to IIM-A). I was not asked any in-depth questions about my profile.

Some of the questions revolved around:

- Tell me about your professional journey in short.
- Post pgpx, what do you want to do?
- Why do you want to join this organization again post pgpx?
- What are you using python in your project for?

Done. and lastly:

- Some questions about python (basics and about some python editors)

[Till here I was able to state and explain my answers]

- What do you do in your free time?

Answered all except one question on python which was I think 5th question on this topic. Otherwise, answered everything.

As i said, the panelists were smiling and it was conversational. No grilling or GK questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Adrija19june, That’s why if colleges, share what they give preference to or look for, that will give more clarity to prospective students
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38 (Online)
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V33 (Online)
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.12
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Sure.

My interview lasted around 10 mins after the extempore round. I am into automation testing with experience of 8 years acting as a team leader in my company.
I have awards and recognitions from the client and company leadership almost every 1-1.5 years(I have submitted all to IIM-A). I was not asked any in-depth questions about my profile.

Some of the questions revolved around:

- Tell me about your professional journey in short.
- Post pgpx, what do you want to do?
- Why do you want to join this organization again post pgpx?
- What are you using python in your project for?

Done. and lastly:

- Some questions about python (basics and about some python editors)

[Till here I was able to state and explain my answers]

- What do you do in your free time?

Answered all except one question on python which was I think 5th question on this topic. Otherwise, answered everything.

As i said, the panelists were smiling and it was conversational. No grilling or GK questions.[/quote]

Dear sssankar, I sense you feel extremley dejected and I understand it fully. All candidates are unique and the competition is very tough. It all boils down to luck, the way you may have answered just a single qn might impress the panelists or may put them off even if you feel everything went smooth. Some candidates may get qns related to topics which they are very confident or strong. We can try and steer the panelists to topics which are our forte but it all comes down luck. I would just like to say you have a great profile and not to be bogged down by this one interview. You will certainly get enrolled into a good b-school. All the very best!!!

P.S - i did not get shortlisted for interview!!!! Chill.. :D :cool:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got waitlisted no rank although. Government experience in power sector 12 years. Interview venue Gurgaon 18th.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Did any of the admitted candidates get any email regarding the fee details and the offer letter?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q169 V161
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Whats-app link for candidates who received an admit (Note: remove the space in ’whats *space* app’ in the below link, added because GMAT club is censoring direct link): https://chat.whats app.com/BYPCmOqZdkb1Il7Cr38ACa
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
angrymechie wrote:
Did any of the admitted candidates get any email regarding the fee details and the offer letter?

Not sure about others but I haven't received it yet.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
What all good colleges are there abroad? Can please anyone suggest?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38 (Online)
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V33 (Online)
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.12
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Adrija19june wrote:
What all good colleges are there abroad? Can please anyone suggest?

HBS, Stanford, Penn, Yale, Tuck, NUS, Nanyang, INSEAD, HEC, IE, ESADE and so many more. Check for QS b-school rankings. You will get rankings of schools. Most provide 1 year MBA which normally starts in Jan/Sep.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
There are many colleges abroad but you need to find fit as per your requirements and worex

Would you prefer working in europe or US or Asia/ are you willing for one year or two year MBA/ what’s your background
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
JyotiA I want to pursue one year mba degree from preferably Asian bschools

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Admin can we please report above message and user.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Deactivated and banned the user. mohitbhargavagmat,
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  63   
Moderator:
IIM School Moderator
22 posts