Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Gmat prep practice exam [#permalink]
Hi thanks for the response. I have just posted my break up of score and my analysis and asked for advice ...dont know how to show that post to you...
Thanks...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi thanks. Following is my post in which i have posted the analysis of my score and asked for advice

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-prep-pr ... s#p2867447

EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi RebelWanderer,

To answer your immediate question: YES - the "click YES to confirm your answer" functionality is something that you will see when you take the Official GMAT (it's essentially there as a stop-gap against someone claiming that they accidentally chose an answer when they intended to choose a different answer). As AjiteshArun pointed out, if you take the GMAT at a Test Center, then the next question in each section should appear immediately after you finish answering the question that you're on. A number of GMATers who've taken the At-home version of the Exam have reported that they experienced a significant 'lag' between questions though.

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How did you score on this first CAT/mock (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
2) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
3) What study materials have you used so far?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi RebelWanderer,

One of the keys to scoring at a high level on the GMAT is to take FULL-LENGTH CATs/mocks in a realistic fashion and at regular intervals (since there are Test-taking skills that take time to develop, but that can really only be learned by taking CATs over time). A 580 is a solid initial CAT score (the average score on the Official GMAT hovers around 550 most years), but you'll have to make some big improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections if your Score Goal is a lot higher. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level.

Many GMATers face pacing issues in the Quant section, the Verbal section or both – so you are not alone. However, it's important to remember that pacing problems do NOT exist on their own - they're the results of OTHER problems. From what you've described, your studies so far have been "book heavy"; unfortunately, many GMATers who study in that way end up getting 'stuck' at a particular score level. Even the best books are limited in what they can teach you; they also can't force you to approach questions in a certain way and their explanations are often one-sided. As such, you would likely find it beneficial to invest in some new, non-book study materials for this next phase of your studies.

The information that you provided in that other post didn't include answers to all of the questions that I asked, so I've reposted those questions below:

1) How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What is your overall goal score?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Thanks following are the answers :
1. I study about 25 hrs a week
2. My target score is more than 730
3. Depends on when i achieve my target score, as i am already an MBA and working right now

EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi RebelWanderer,

One of the keys to scoring at a high level on the GMAT is to take FULL-LENGTH CATs/mocks in a realistic fashion and at regular intervals (since there are Test-taking skills that take time to develop, but that can really only be learned by taking CATs over time). A 580 is a solid initial CAT score (the average score on the Official GMAT hovers around 550 most years), but you'll have to make some big improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections if your Score Goal is a lot higher. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level.

Many GMATers face pacing issues in the Quant section, the Verbal section or both – so you are not alone. However, it's important to remember that pacing problems do NOT exist on their own - they're the results of OTHER problems. From what you've described, your studies so far have been "book heavy"; unfortunately, many GMATers who study in that way end up getting 'stuck' at a particular score level. Even the best books are limited in what they can teach you; they also can't force you to approach questions in a certain way and their explanations are often one-sided. As such, you would likely find it beneficial to invest in some new, non-book study materials for this next phase of your studies.

The information that you provided in that other post didn't include answers to all of the questions that I asked, so I've reposted those questions below:

1) How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What is your overall goal score?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich

Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22044 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi RebelWanderer,

Regarding your questions:

1. Yes

2. You should not have any issues with lagging on the real GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Thanks...if you can also study my post on 1st diagnostic test and advise pls..

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-prep-pr ... s#p2867472

ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi RebelWanderer,

Regarding your questions:

1. Yes

2. You should not have any issues with lagging on the real GMAT.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi RebelWanderer,

I've sent you a PM with some notes and additional questions.

Rich
GMAT Club Bot