Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:52 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ill be there on the 27th for that Super Saturday also. lucky for me, its just a hour flight down to LA from sacramento.

i had to sign up for the interview several weeks ago (early december) long before I had even submitted my application. just kept checking their website and got lucky one day.

from what i heard, they do off campus interviews also by invitiation... but considering i live a $130 round trip flight away, it would probably look as if i am uninterested if i didn't go. if you're overseas, and youre a strong candidate, im sure they will accommodate you with an alumni interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
I don't mind going to LA, well, I would love to go there, but I can't seem to get a spot for an interview until the 8th of feb.
I really would like to get some vacation days to go there, and I would do my bachelors party overseas (what a party, deported even before getting an offer)...
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
You should check the official application procedures regarding final date for interview for this round and take whatever date that you can get at this point.

For a while, there were no interview spots available at all. I spoke with an admissions rep who told me that additional spots would open up as the interviewers (students) returned from break and posted their schedules. She indicated that as spots opened up, they were being taken within a few hours.

More spots may come available as additional students post their schedules, but I'd recommend taking whatever you can get at this point.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Unfort. no spots open until the 9th of Feb., don't really know what to do, call them or maybe wait to be called to an alumni interview, I'm not sure that I even stand a chance at getting a spot there...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Does this mean you were admitted?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
WBF wrote:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what does that mean? R u in??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
yes, i just got the email, and i'm soooo happy and thankful! wanted to share the good news here.

my fiance lives in LA (i live in kansas city, long distance relationship), so getting into ucla was particularly special to me.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats

Enjoy the moment!!

Any tips for the Interview, ( Will be at Anderson for Super Satday Jan 27 )

cheers
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
ozmba, i interviewed at one of those super saturdays as well. here is my advice:

1) look sharp.... there were some people that looked sloppy (no tie, no jacket, messy hair, etc...) and they stuck out like a sore thumb in my opinion.

2) be yourself, and have a positive attitude.... chances are, you will interview with a student or an alum- so hopefully it won't be a "stuffy" interview- mine was an alum and it was very comfortable. -there was minimal structure in my interview, although the interviewer did have a list of questions he was supposed to ask- unfortunately, we never got around to them during our 30 minute slot :-D

3) know you resume and story inside and out

4) they're very big on the "entrpreneurial spirit", so let that part of you shine through.

hope this helps at all.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks...Much appreciated

Mind sharing your profile and looking back, what do you think that clinched the admit....terrific profile? Essays? pedigree ? etc etc

cheers mate
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
WBF wrote:
yes, i just got the email, and i'm soooo happy and thankful! wanted to share the good news here.

my fiance lives in LA (i live in kansas city, long distance relationship), so getting into ucla was particularly special to me.

That's awesome WBF, congratulations. It sounds like this worked out perfectly for you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks pelihu!

ozmba, i'm not sure what the kicker was for me.... profile: GMAT:760 (49Q, 46V, AWA 6), 3.28 gpa (McIntire School of Commerce, Univ of Virginia), 3.5 yrs in IT (2.5 yrs in dept lead role) & 1.5 yrs running my own business...

i think i had a unique story in that i endured through running a real estate business that failed in the end.... there was a lot of crazy drama to this whole endeavor, but i wrote all about it and how i've grown through it in my optional essay.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am IN as well !!! My admissions season is over...

Congratulations WBF !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:

Congratulations WBF !

YESSSSS!!!! CONGRATS! we're gonna be classmates! :-D
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
WBF,

Do you have news on scholarships or other financial awards from Anderson ?

WBF wrote:
lhotseface wrote:

Congratulations WBF !

YESSSSS!!!! CONGRATS! we're gonna be classmates! :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
i havent heard anything about a scholarship, but i sure hope that i get one! :-D supposedly, scholarships are given out on a rolling basis.... and when it comes, they send it in an email completely separate from the acceptance email..... so we still have a chance!!!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11