Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:04 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Coming from Europe to study in the UK? [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: Coming from Europe to study in the UK?
We recently hosted an event with some of our wonderful alumni who came over from Europe to study one of our Early Career programmes. During the session they discussed everything from visas to the social life on campus to the recruitment process for post-programme jobs. Watch the recording below.

Find out more about the alumni on the panel via their profiles:

Applications are currently open to join our Early Career programmes. Want to find out more or have any questions? Get in touch with our team who will be happy to help.

The post Coming from Europe to study in the UK? appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Coming from Europe to study in the UK: Everything you need to know [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: Coming from Europe to study in the UK: Everything you need to know
We recently hosted an event with some of our wonderful alumni who came over from Europe to study one of our Early Career programmes. During the session they discussed everything from visas to the social life on campus to the recruitment process for post-programme jobs. Watch the recording below.

Find out more about the alumni on the panel via their profiles:

Applications are currently open to join our Early Career programmes. Want to find out more or have any questions? Get in touch with our team who will be happy to help.

The post Coming from Europe to study in the UK: Everything you need to know appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
SVP
SVP
Send PM
US to the UK: Making the move to London for your Masters [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: US to the UK: Making the move to London for your Masters
We recently hosted an event with some of our wonderful alumni who came over from the US to study one of our Early Career programmes. During the session they discussed everything from visas to the social life on campus to the recruitment process for post-programme jobs. Watch the recording below.

Applications are currently open to join our Early Career programmes. Want to find out more or have any questions? Get in touch with our team who will be happy to help.

The post US to the UK: Making the move to London for your Masters appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
The MiF student experience [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: The MiF student experience
What better way to understand what it’s like to be a MiF student than hear two of our wonderful alumnae reminisce?

Karolina Rybacka (MIF FT2020) and Amalia Tolios (MiF FT2015) share the highs and lows from their time on the programme, and how all of them became their defining LBS moments. Watch the full interview below.

“I was so overwhelmed with everyone’s experience… I felt really privileged to be with people from all walks of life; all sorts of companies, countries and work cultures.”
– Amalia Tolios (MiF FT2015)

The post The MiF student experience appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
November Recruitment Events [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: November Recruitment Events
Do you want to know where one of our programmes could take your career? Want to have your questions answered by our Recruitment & Admissions team? We have a whole host of events this month to answer these questions, and more, to give you some insight into studying at London Business School.

UK & IrelandDate
How to Manage Work-Life Balance on the Executive MBA London Programme04/11/2021MBA Overview05/11/2021Early Career Programmes: The Student Perspective09/11/2021Belonging at LBS – Introduction to the Out in Business Club10/11/2021Introduction to Business Education – Post-Grad Business Education for Mid-Career Professionals11/11/2021MBA Overview12/11/2021Q & A with the Early Career Recruitment and Admissions Team16/11/2021Introduction to Business Education – From Undergrad to Post-grad Business Education17/11/2021MBA Overview19/11/2021Masters in Finance – Talk and Tour on Campus19/11/2021MBA – Talk and Tour on Campus19/11/2021Early Career Programmes – Talk and Tour on Campus19/11/2021Early Career Programmes: The Student Perspective23/11/2021Masters in Finance: In Conversation with MiF Students23/11/2021Bright Network: How to leverage your Masters to secure your dream career24/11/2021Introduction to Business Education – Post-grad Business Education while working full time25/11/2021MBA Overview26/11/2021Meet the New Early Career Ambassadors29/11/2021Q & A with the Early Career Recruitment and Admissions Team30/11/2021US & CanadaQS Virtual Connect Masters Canada13/11/2021QS Virtual Connect MBA: USA West17/11/2021QS Virtual Connect MBA: USA East18/11/2021EuropeE-Fellows Masters Day Zurich17/11/2021AsiaThe Masters in Finance Alumni Interview Series – Asia Focus08/11/2021Middle EastExecutive MBA Dubai Experience Evening09/11/2021

The post November Recruitment Events appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
November Recruitment Events [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: November Recruitment Events
Do you want to know where one of our programmes could take your career? Want to have your questions answered by our Recruitment & Admissions team? We have a whole host of events this month to answer these questions, and more, to give you some insight into studying at London Business School.

UK & IrelandDate
How to Manage Work-Life Balance on the Executive MBA London Programme04/11/2021MBA Overview05/11/2021Early Career Programmes: The Student Perspective09/11/2021Belonging at LBS – Introduction to the Out in Business Club10/11/2021Introduction to Business Education – Post-Grad Business Education for Mid-Career Professionals11/11/2021MBA Overview12/11/2021Q & A with the Early Career Recruitment and Admissions Team16/11/2021Introduction to Business Education – From Undergrad to Post-grad Business Education17/11/2021MBA Overview19/11/2021Masters in Finance – Talk and Tour on Campus19/11/2021MBA – Talk and Tour on Campus19/11/2021Early Career Programmes – Talk and Tour on Campus19/11/2021Early Career Programmes: The Student Perspective23/11/2021Masters in Finance: In Conversation with MiF Students23/11/2021Bright Network: How to leverage your Masters to secure your dream career24/11/2021Introduction to Business Education – Post-grad Business Education while working full time25/11/2021MBA Overview26/11/2021Meet the New Early Career Ambassadors29/11/2021Q & A with the Early Career Recruitment and Admissions Team30/11/2021US & CanadaQS Virtual Connect Masters Canada13/11/2021QS Virtual Connect MBA: USA West17/11/2021QS Virtual Connect MBA: USA East18/11/2021EuropeE-Fellows Masters Day Zurich17/11/2021AsiaThe Masters in Finance Alumni Interview Series – Asia Focus08/11/2021Middle EastExecutive MBA Dubai Experience Evening09/11/2021

The post November Recruitment Events appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
My journey to the MiM [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: My journey to the MiM
By Niklas Vater, MiM2022

The time right before or after your bachelor’s can be quite overwhelming. Some university graduates already have clear ideas of where they want to go and what they want to do, and others don’t. I was part of the latter. With so many different paths and options before me, I felt quite lost. Many different questions were going through my mind:

• Do I want to start working straight away or continue my education?
  • What subjects am I interested in? 
  • Do I want to continue business studies or start something completely different? 
  • What city do I want to live in? 
  • And how am I handling all of this in a pandemic?

If these questions sound familiar, this blog post is for you! 

Why LBS? 

When researching top institutions in Europe and across the globe, sooner or later you’ll hear about LBS. Although rankings and prestige might be a useful tool to filter universities of interest, they shouldn’t be used in isolation to make a decision on your institution of choice. 

I wanted to learn more
about the school and what makes LBS so unique. My choice of selecting and
ultimately joining the school boils down to three reasons.

Community
First and most importantly, creating communities and building bridges is at the heart of LBS. The school spends tremendous time, effort, and resources on making your time at LBS not solely focused on academia, but also incredibly enriching in terms of non-academic activities. There are Away Days, Sundowners, and weekly cross-programme gatherings at the iconic front lawn to enjoy dinner and drinks, amongst other activities. All this is complemented through activities organised by the various societies on campus with highlights such as Diwali Ball, EUROUT, and of course, Tattoo.

On top of that (yes, it doesn’t stop there), you have chances to travel internationally with your community through on the one hand Treks, organised by the respective society with destinations such as Japan, Spain and many more. There are also GIFTS (Global Immersion Field Trips) organised by the school to develop professionally. You probably can tell by now that there is a strong focus on making your time at the school unforgettable and building long-lasting friendships, something very unique and different from other business schools.

London
Second, London is a city to be experienced at least once in a lifetime. As a young student or professional, London is an incredibly enriching city through its cultural offers, recreational activities, and most importantly diverse communities. As the saying goes ‘In London everyone is different and that means anyone can fit in, you will instantly find your place in this stunning city’. Every day will be different here as thousands of opportunities are thrown at you. It’s also a great place to connect with people from the business world, which is also why they are going to be many events happening in the city with professionals. 

Career Centre
The Career Centre are an integral part of your LBS journey. You will work closely with them over the course of your programme as they share their extensive network and expertise. Almost every day you have companies coming to campus, or events with alumni, which highlight their strong ties with the professional world. Furthermore, their areas of expertise are divided by industries, allowing you to get in contact with the person that fits your needs best and learn about industries you haven’t necessarily thought of before or which are hard to break into. Theemployment report for the MiM programme speaks for itself, not only if you’re interested in consulting and/or banking but also any other large industries.

Why the MiM?

Right after undergraduate graduation, I decided to take a gap year, partially in hope the pandemic would come to an end by the time I continued my education, partially to gain solid work experience. 

However, to me, it was clear that I would want to do a Master’s degree at some point, as I didn’t feel ready to enter the working world permanently and wanted to continue to learn and grow academically.

Yet, coming from undergraduate business education, I wasn’t sure whether the MiM (Masters in Management) would be enriching to me or just a repetition of what I’d previously been doing. Hence, I also looked at the other Early Career programmes that LBS offers.

There are two
characteristics that distinguish the MiM from other Management degrees.

Although you learn the fundamentals of business in a broad sense, there are specific subjects that are less general, such as Data Analytics and Risk Analysis. For the more general core courses, such as Financial Accounting and Finance, the curriculum is much deeper than what I’d been studying in my undergraduate and thus, really strengthened my knowledge in those fundamental areas.  

Additionally, through the electives you choose individually, which will take place in the third term, you can customise your learning journey. Compared to other programmes, you’ll only choose a limited number of electives, however digging much deeper into the content and gaining more ECTS per subject. For instance, I really fell in love with Data Analytics in my core courses and am very excited to develop more proficient skills in this area through my electives. Those electives are usually cross-programme so they are also a nice opportunity to connect and work with MBAs, MiFs, or even Sloan students.

Tips and Tricks?

If you’re unsure about your choice of business school (and trust me, I know the feeling), I encourage you to join one of the school’s information sessions. There are also calls organised by specific associations which might be of particular interest. I attended an information session by the Out in Business Club, the LGBTQ+ association at LBS, to connect with people and get a feeling for the school’s community. 

If you decide to apply to LBS, here are my tips and tricks on how to nail your application and stand out as the unique person you are:

• First (and that’s more of a disclaimer), don’t worry too much about the weight of individual items in your application. Although the GMAT average is competitive, strong experiences, interesting backgrounds or a unique story are of equal value to your overall application. 

• Second, be clear about where you want to go in your personal and professional development and how LBS can support you to achieve those goals. It’s important to sit down and reflect on the journey you want to build and milestones you want to reach to make sure LBS is the right choice for you. 

• Third, and probably most importantly, make sure your personality, interests, and possible contributions to the community shine through. LBS is about creating diverse stories and so every particular hobby or interest should be brought forward. LBS values dedication and extracurricular efforts so don’t hesitate to outline what you’re passionate about and ideally, how you can integrate that passion into life on campus.

Furthermore, LBS is one of the most international places you will ever be. Hence, it’s important (especially if you don’t have international experience) to show that you’re supporting values of diversity.

And lastly, be your best self! 

Good luck with your application and do not hesitate to contact any of the staff or student ambassadors in case you have remaining questions!

If you’re interested in learning more about the MiM programme, please visit our website.

The post My journey to the MiM appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
The MiF and my Career: Andrew Yeo (MiF PT2021) [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: The MiF and my Career: Andrew Yeo (MiF PT2021)
We recently spoke to Andrew Yeo, MiF PT2021 about the impact the Masters in Finance (MiF) Part-time has had on his career to date.

What were your motivations for joining the MiF programme?

The
LBS MiF is a top ranked and globally recognised programme and institution based
in the world financial hub. I decided to join in an effort to grow my
professional network in London in the finance community, solidify my knowledge
in finance through higher education, and accelerate my career.

What impact has the MiF had on your career?

While
doing the MiF, I received recognition from both my immediate and wider team,
helping to strengthen my relationships and standing within the company.
Undertaking the programme also helped with my transition from a sell side
banking institution to the buy side at a quantitative hedge fund.

How did the Career Centre support you in achieving
your career goals? What was the most useful Career Centre resource?

I
benefitted a great deal from the mock interviews which took place in a variety
of formats including face-to-face, phone and online interviews, getting me
really accustomed to each. Other incredibly useful resources were the CV
reviews and career workshops, such as salary negotiation and working with
head-hunters.

How have you used the LBS network to benefit your
career?

I
spoke to many students and alumni in related fields whenever I had an interview
scheduled to get their first-hand knowledge on the ins and outs of the role.
They are all very responsive and incredibly helpful! The hiring manager for my
new job was an LBS alumni too. The power of the network here at LBS has been
really evident.

What is your top piece of advice to those considering
the MiF programme?

For the prospects, MiF is a worthy investment for your career, if you’re thinking about it, go for it. For the admits, I wish I could turn back time and go through the experience again. You are one of the blessed, lucky and chosen individuals. Work hard and don’t forget to play hard!

Interested in applying to the MiF? Our team would love to hear from you. Send us your CV or LinkedIn profile and we’ll be in touch for an informal chat.

The post The MiF and my Career: Andrew Yeo (MiF PT2021) appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
The MiF and my Career: Marcial Domit Pacheo (MiF FT2020) [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: The MiF and my Career: Marcial Domit Pacheo (MiF FT2020)
A large part of why many people choose to undertake a Masters is because they have a strong motivation to really drive forward in their career. So how exactly does the Masters in Finance (MiF) Full-time help you achieve this? We spoke with Marcial Pacheco Domit (MiF FT2020) to find out.

What were your motivations for joining the MiF programme?

I
wanted to make a change in my career and establish a long-term career in
Europe. The best way to accelerate my career was to the MiF at LBS. I reviewed
numerous universities across the world and definitely LBS was by far the best
option, as it offers the #1 Masters in Finance, and London is one of the
principal financial hubs of the world. The courses offered by LBS were optimal
to structure my career and pursue my long-term goal. As my background was
finance and economy and I had a clear view of what courses I wanted to take and
the career I wanted to pursue, the MiF was, without a doubt, the right
programme for me. 

What impact has the MiF had on your career?

I have
been working in London at a Consulting firm for almost a year, without LBS I
would not be here; so there is no way to quantify the impact the MiF has had on
me and my career.

How did the Career Centre support you in achieving
your career goals?

It
helped me a lot! One of the most helpful things is the support with adjusting
your CVs and cover letters, as this can be new for students from some countries
and difficult to understand what UK recruiters are looking for. In addition to
this, all the sessions and mock interviews are incredibly valuable, they give
you the experience needed when having real interviews.

What was the most useful Career Centre resource?

It is
difficult to choose only one resource! But, the supply of jobs in Career Centre
is out of this world. In addition, all the sessions with LBS specialists like
Marcelle were of immense help in order for me to secure a job in London.

How have you used the LBS network to benefit your
career?

It is
amazing the network that I have created over the course of the MiF. I have a
very good relationship with my peers, and having any conversation with them is
enriching for me. I’m sure that these connections will help me significantly in
the future.

What is your top piece of advice to those considering
the MiF programme?

That you shouldn’t hesitate! You will not regret choosing the MiF at LBS. The courses are amazing, with expert professors and great material. And the network you will create is unparalleled. The vibes from the LBS community are just different, you simply know that you are part of the top finance programme in the world.

Interested in applying to the MiF? Our team would love to hear from you. Send us your CV or LinkedIn profile and we’ll be in touch for an informal chat.

The post The MiF and my Career: Marcial Domit Pacheo (MiF FT2020) appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
The MiF and my Career: Marcial Pacheo Domit (MiF FT2020) [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: The MiF and my Career: Marcial Pacheo Domit (MiF FT2020)
A large part of why many people choose to undertake a Masters is because they have a strong motivation to really drive forward in their career. So how exactly does the [url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/masters-in-finance-full-time][b]Masters in Finance (MiF) Full-time[/b][/url] help you achieve this? We spoke with [b]Marcial Pacheco Domit (MiF FT2020)[/b] to find out.

[img]https://media-exp1.licdn.com/dms/image/C5603AQFXwRO-SFurNQ/profile-displayphoto-shrink_800_800/0/1589812711183?e=1642032000&v=beta&t=oK7NZyleyYce4YRhP4zMD--N-btjaed9t09tCRQdHvs[/img]

[b]What were your motivations for joining the MiF programme?[/b]

I wanted to make a change in my career and establish a long-term career in Europe. The best way to accelerate my career was to study the MiF at LBS. I reviewed numerous universities across the world and definitely LBS was by far the best option, as it offers the #1 Masters in Finance, and London is one of the principal financial hubs of the world. The courses offered by LBS were optimal to structure my career and pursue my long-term goal. As my background was finance and economy and I had a clear view of what courses I wanted to take and the career I wanted to pursue, the MiF was, without a doubt, the right programme for me.

[b]What impact has the MiF had on your career?[/b]

I have
been working in London at a Consulting firm for almost a year, without LBS I
would not be here; so there is no way to quantify the impact the MiF has had on
me and my career.

[b]How did the Career Centre support you in achieving
your career goals?[/b]

It helped me a lot! One of the most helpful things is the support to adjust your CVs and cover letters, as this can be something new for students of some countries and difficult to understand what UK’s recruiters are looking for. In addition to this, all the career sessions and mock interviews are incredibly valuable, they give you the experience needed when having real interviews.

[b]What was the most useful Career Centre resource?[/b]

It is
difficult to choose only one resource! But, the supply of jobs in Career Centre
is out of this world. In addition, all the sessions with LBS specialists like
Marcelle were of immense help in order for me to secure a job in London.

[b]How have you used the LBS network to benefit your
career?[/b]

It is amazing the network that I have created throughout the MiF. I have a very good relationship with my peers, and having conversations with them is always enriching for me. I’m sure that these connections will help me significantly in the future.

[b]What is your top piece of advice to those considering
the MiF programme?[/b]

That you shouldn’t hesitate! You will not regret choosing the MiF at LBS. The courses are amazing, with expert professors and great material. And the network you will create is unparalleled. The vibes from the LBS community are just different, you simply know that you are part of the top finance programme in the world.

[b]Interested in applying to the MiF?[/b] Our team would love to hear from you. [url=https://www.london.edu/submit-cv?itemId=1da04a59-6a2b-467b-916a-49a2975b8b62&servicepagereferer=1da04a59-6a2b-467b-916a-49a2975b8b62][b]Send us your CV or LinkedIn profile[/b][/url] and we’ll be in touch for an informal chat.

The post [url=https://admissionsblog.london.edu/the-mif-and-my-career-marcial-domit-pacheo-mif-ft2020/]The MiF and my Career: Marcial Pacheo Domit (MiF FT2020)[/url] appeared first on [url=https://admissionsblog.london.edu]Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School[/url].
SVP
SVP
Send PM
6 Reasons to Apply Early [#permalink]
FROM ESCP MiM Students Blog: 6 Reasons to Apply Early
It’s no small feat to apply for a master’s programme. Deciding to do so demonstrates a personal and financial commitment to continuous learning and undertaking a journey that can alter the trajectory of your career and life. 

There’s a lot to manage in the process, especially if you’re considering various universities, all with their unique requirements and steps. After making a list of schools and researching deadlines, applicants will want to get the right recommendations, edit their CVs, and perfect their motivation statements. 

And while the final deadline to apply may be in June, or even August, giving you plenty of time to prepare, there are distinct advantages to not waiting until the last minute.

Here are a few reasons why you should opt for submitting that application early in the cycle!

#1 Study spots fill up!

The simplest reason for applying early is to have a better shot of gaining admissions. Many applicants do indeed wait until closer to a final deadline to apply, making it likely that they will be competing with more applicants for limited study spots. 

Furthermore, if you’re applying to a programme that gives you flexibility of choosing a location or specialisation, for example, there’s a good chance that the more desirable, popular options fill up quickly, leaving you with your less-preferred choice when you’re admitted.

#2 Sort out scholarships

Applying early can present a significant advantage in that there will simply be more institutional and external resources available to you!

It’s likely that schools have more scholarships to give out earlier rather than later in the cycle.

Some universities may offer “early bird” tuition discounts for applying before a certain date. Also keep in mind that if you are seeking external funding, application deadlines tend to be quite early, compared to universities’ final deadlines.

#3 Appear committed and prepared 

Sending an application early itself makes a statement.

It sends a message that you are a serious candidate and that you are committed to a study programme and the university.

#4 Flexibility in the admissions process

Applying well before the deadline can give you more leeway in the admissions process.

Perhaps you need to schedule an interview, but you have an exam? You may have discretion in selecting which days work best for you.

#5 Stress-free start to your studies

Imagine being admitted to the programme of your choice, accepting the offer, and then having months to prepare for the start of your studies.

If you’re currently finishing a study programme, you’ll be able to relax and really enjoy the last months you have with your classmates. Or, gain peace of mind by being able to plan for a move with plenty of time. This may include sorting out a visa, gathering funds, figuring out where you’re going to live, etc.

Doing it all without added pressure is worth it.

#6 Meeting classmates early

If you’re lucky enough to be admitted earlier than most, it’s likely that you’ll have a head start on building connections with your future classmates (and friends!)

These connections can be invaluable for your time as a student and beyond. Maybe you’ll find your new flatmate, or gain networking opportunities in the future.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Experience our Early Careers Open Day [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: Experience our Early Careers Open Day
We recently hosted our Open Day for our Early Careers programmes; Masters in Management (MiM), Global Masters in Management (GMiM), Masters in Financial Analysis (MFA) and Masters in Analytics and Management (MAM).

We’re excited to offer the recordings of the live sessions, and additional on demand content with some useful insights about the programme, the LBS community and the opportunity to introduce you to some of the people that you will meet along your admissions journey.  

Explore all the content, including on demand sessions, here.

The post Experience our Early Careers Open Day appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Experience our MiF Open Day [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Experience our MiF Open Day
We recently hosted our Masters in Finance (MiF) Open Day. We’re excited to offer the recordings of the live sessions and additional on demand content with some useful insights about the programme, the LBS community and the opportunity to introduce you to some of the people that you will meet along your admissions journey.

Explore all the content, including on demand sessions, here.

The post Experience our MiF Open Day appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
December Recruitment Events [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: December Recruitment Events
Do you want to know where one of our programmes could take your career? Want to have your questions answered by our Recruitment & Admissions team? We have some really exciting events before the end of the year that will answer all these questions, and more, to give you some insight into studying at London Business School.

UK & IrelandDateMBA Overview03/12/2021MBA Open Day04/12/2021Belonging at LBS – Introducing the Black in Business Club06/12/2021Executive MBA Alumni Interview Series – Focus on Military06/12/2021Meet the Masters in Finance Student Ambassadors07/12/2021Early Career Programmes: The Student Perspective07/12/2021Belonging at LBS – Introducing the Women in Business Club08/12/2021Belonging at LBS – Introducing the FLII Club09/12/2021MBA – Talk and Tour on Campus10/12/2021Early Career – Talk and Tour on Campus10/12/2021Masters in Finance – Talk and Tour on Campus10/12/2021MBA Overview10/12/2021Executive MBA Global Overview13/12/2021Q&A with the Early Career Recruitment and Admissions Team14/12/2021Women Leading with Impact15/12/2021MBA Overview17/12/2021AsiaThe Masters in Finance Alumni Interview Series – Japan14/12/2021

The post December Recruitment Events appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
December Recruitment Events [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: December Recruitment Events
Do you want to know where one of our programmes could take your career? Want to have your questions answered by our Recruitment & Admissions team? We have some really exciting events before the end of the year that will answer all these questions, and more, to give you some insight into studying at London Business School.

UK & IrelandDateMBA Overview03/12/2021MBA Open Day04/12/2021Belonging at LBS – Introducing the Black in Business Club06/12/2021Executive MBA Alumni Interview Series – Focus on Military06/12/2021Meet the Masters in Finance Student Ambassadors07/12/2021Early Career Programmes: The Student Perspective07/12/2021Belonging at LBS – Introducing the Women in Business Club08/12/2021Belonging at LBS – Introducing the FLII Club09/12/2021MBA – Talk and Tour on Campus10/12/2021Early Career – Talk and Tour on Campus10/12/2021Masters in Finance – Talk and Tour on Campus10/12/2021MBA Overview10/12/2021Executive MBA Global Overview13/12/2021Q&A with the Early Career Recruitment and Admissions Team14/12/2021Women Leading with Impact15/12/2021MBA Overview17/12/2021AsiaThe Masters in Finance Alumni Interview Series – Japan14/12/2021

The post December Recruitment Events appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
What is it like to be a parent on the MiF? [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: What is it like to be a parent on the MiF?
By Charlotte Tait, MiF Recruitment Manager

Hear from two of our full time MiF2022 students, Ayna Babylova and Ricardo Roman Gonzales as they navigate the responsibilities of being a parent whilst studying the top Masters in Finance programme in the world.

Anya Babylova, MiFFT2022
Doing a Master’s degree programme at one of the top Business Schools in the world has always been my dream. As many women in their late 20s and early 30s, I focused on building my career and starting a family first. After postponing the application for a number of years, I finally decided to apply to the full time MIF programme and start my LBS journey as a mother of two young children. Given that the vast majority of my classmates are younger than me and have no childcare responsibilities, I was nervous that I wouldn’t be able to keep up. The end of the notoriously intense first term is now approaching and I’m proud to say that I’m still alive and couldn’t be happier about my decision to embark on this life changing journey. Here are my top tips for survival: 

• Support and resources
    The MiF programme is very demanding of time and energy. You and your partner need to have a full understanding of the demands and build your support network accordingly.  It’s also helpful to secure sufficient financial resources for the length of your studies. This will give you piece of mind and allow you to bring your full self to the class.

• Be organised
    Do all online pre-courses and other admin tasks before the programme begins as there will be no time for that later. Studying is also more efficient when you prepare for each lecture in advance or review slides soon after the end of the class. For someone who has additional responsibilities at home there is simply not enough time to study all materials at once before an exam.

• Take care of yourself and don’t be a perfectionist
    It will be tempting at times to compare yourself with your classmates and feel discouraged. Be selective of the events you attend and be kind on yourself if you don’t manage to contribute to a group project as much as you wish or hit a desired mark for an exam due to your child’s illness or other family matters. Remember your overall workload is incomparable with that of others and all things considered you are an ultimate top performer and should be really proud yourself!

Ricardo Roman Gonzales MiFFT2022

‘How do you balance your family commitments
alongside side studying a full time Masters in Finance? This is a common
question asked to me by many in my cohort.

After relocating to London from Peru, it took a few months for my family and I to adjust to our new life. In the first few months we struggled a bit because everything was new to us, and there were many things I had to arrange while I was in the first term at School. However, London is a great city, and you will find a lot of facilities and support, and your family will really enjoy your time here. Here are my top tips:

• Choosing a family home
    We chose Goodenough, which is a Post-graduate residence with a lot of international families. It’s an amazing place to live because you have a lot of activities for the family members every day. For instance, within Goodenough, my four-year-old daughter has ballet classes every Friday, and my wife has Yoga and Salsa classes three days per week. Also, it’s close to the nursery, which is full of international children. My daughter found other Spanish-speaking children and a teacher who speaks Spanish as well. It makes the transition to English smoother for her.

• Cooking
    Food can be problematic because restaurants are expensive and cooking at home takes time. I find cooking gadgets help me to prepare food at home, without taking up too much of my time, and ensuring we all eat healthily and save money. I am responsible for food and cooking in my family, so I spend 2 hours every Sunday preparing the food for the week ahead. I leave all the fruit and vegetables chopped and packed in zip lock bags, and that’s it. Through this process, I save about 5 hours per week.

• Take advantage of the Schools resources
    LBS has large, well-equipped study areas which you can book out and are free to use, allowing you to focus on your study. In my case, I spend Monday to Friday at LBS, but on weekends, I’m a full-time family man. It’s a very healthy mental framework for me because I always have enough time for my academic and social commitments at LBS without sacrificing quality time with my family.

Interested in applying to the MiF? Our team would love to hear from you. Ahead of our upcoming Round 3 deadline on January 5th send us your CV or LinkedIn profile and we’ll be in touch for an informal chat.

The post What is it like to be a parent on the MiF? appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
An Essential ESCP Experience: Learning Expeditions [#permalink]
FROM ESCP MiM Students Blog: An Essential ESCP Experience: Learning Expeditions
Something you might notice throughout ESCP’sportfolio of master programmes is the chance to do an internship or apprenticeship, pitch an idea to entrepreneurs, or even take part in a real-world consulting project.

Our master programmes all count on various opportunities outside the classroom to deliver multidimensional learning to students. The goal is to enrich students’ academic journeys, by cultivating awareness, sparking ideas and motivation, and inviting them to apply the knowledge they’ve acquired to concrete business contexts. 

Learning expeditions, or trips to learn about relevant business topics in a specific environment, are another way to reach this educational mission. ESCP students have gone far and wide on expeditions — throughout Europe and to cities on other continents — and they’re a favorite for the hands-on experience and subject deep-dive they enable.

These so-called field trips reflect ESCP’sobjective to train students to work in an international setting. They are also about “creating a wide range of learning opportunities and inspiring students to go above and beyond the curriculum,” says Professor Martin Kupp, the academic director of the Master in Innovation and Entrepreneurship at ESCP. “Expeditions can be a powerful way to achieve this.”

A must in an entrepreneurial setting

Indeed, expeditions are particularly powerful in an entrepreneurial setting. Any student of entrepreneurship will learn that the ability for new business to flourish is a function of the distinct elements in a city or region, be it culture and norms, access to capital, policies, physical infrastructure, etc. No entrepreneurship ecosystem is exactly like another because of social and economic conditions. “It is important to understand the actors and the dynamics of these entrepreneurial ecosystems,” says Professor Kupp. “And what better way to do this than by experiencing it first hand?” 

Then there is simply the chance to discover what is possible in the world of entrepreneurship, to plant seeds for inspiration. “A powerful source of entrepreneurial opportunities is simply to compare markets and look for similarities and differences,” explains Dr. Matthas Mrozewski, assistant professor and Chair for International Entrepreneurship at ESCP Berlin Campus. “Why not sell a product which exists in Germany also in Poland?”

A customised expedition in Warwaw

Learning expeditions to start-up hubs usually have jam-packed and varied programming over a few days or a week, depending on the destination. Students can expect visits to a range of companies, talks with academics and business leaders, and events with local stakeholders such as founders, investors, and incubator representatives. 

A group of students from the Option E (Entrepreneurship) specialisation of the Master in Management programme recently traveled to Warsaw to learn more about the Polish capital’s burgeoning startup scene. While not as well-known of a hub as London or Berlin, Warsaw is a vibrant metropolis that attracts a great deal of entrepreneurial interest and resources, which was one of the themes of the learning expedition. Students visited startups,co-working spaces, innovation centers, accelerators, and software houses, all of which provided a well-rounded view into the Warsaw ecosystem.

A way to build your personal and professional network

It’s not all strictly business, however.

For those hoping to one day be entrepreneurs (or succeed in any field), exposure and knowledge is not the only thing they’ll need. Networking is a critical part of the task, a skill that can pay off tremendously down the road. In a learning expedition, students will meet, on average, 15-20 of the key actors of a specific entrepreneurial ecosystem, like founders, venture capitalists, or policy makers.

In addition, the students on these field trips get to know each other well. “What I observe after an expedition is that team dynamics are much better than compared to those cohorts that did not have a field trip,” says Professor Mrozewski. Learning expeditions help in creating connections that last well beyond the actual excursion and making the trip fulfilling on an academic as well as a personal level.
GMAT Club Bot
An Essential ESCP Experience: Learning Expeditions [#permalink]
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts