Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:15 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 608 [0]
Given Kudos: 1348
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40 (Online)
GRE 1: Q164 V156
GPA: 2.45
WE:Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MSx Applicants: 2022 Intake (Class of 2023) [#permalink]
AliciaSierra wrote:
Congrats. When did you submit your application?
pi2021 wrote:
Hi all! I received an invitation to interview today and stumbled upon this thread. Are there any resources out there to help prep for the interview?

Thanks. I submitted on September 9th.
School Moderator - Stanford MSx
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 3.77
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MSx Applicants: 2022 Intake (Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Congratulations so much on receiving Interview Invite.

mkca wrote:
Just got my interview yesterday.

Any material for interview prep would be much appreciated
Send PM
Congratulations to all those who have received Interview Invites. Also, it would be great if you kindly update the current status on Decision Tracker.
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [2]
Send PM
Calling all Stanford GSB MSx Applicants: 2022 Intake (Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Kudos
For all those who are seeking guidance for their interview, kindly check the Interview Debriefs section of GSB forum available on top on this page or click on the below link. You will find interview debriefs of both MSx & MBA programs out there.
mkca pi2021

https://gmatclub.com/forum/stanford-gsb ... brief.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
my EA score is 151? what are my chances?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
Does anyone know the acceptance rate?

I would say you are on the game with 151 EA!

JohnDoe2022 wrote:

Originally posted by Jphs2021 on 22 Oct 2021, 18:18.
Last edited by Jphs2021 on 22 Oct 2021, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Yes, EA score of 151 is fine, usually the scores of accepted candidates range from 150 to 160+. Now, all depends on other pieces of your application.

Jphs2021 wrote:
Does anyone know the acceptance rate?

I would say you are on the game with 151 EA!

JohnDoe2022 wrote:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
I got rejected at MIT Sloan for 151 EA. Just wanted to know why it will be any different with Stanford. My profile although is decent
- 10 year work ex
- founded started and doing that for 6 years
- raised $6M in funding
- on board of mentors for accelerator programme.

Seems like EA was needed on higher side, but due to work I don’t have time to prepare much

Well good luck everyone,

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
The rejection may not be due to EA score, although the higher score the better it is, but as per the published stats on MIT Sloan website, the Middle 80% scores of EA for SFMBA Class of 2022 ranged from 149-160, please check below:

https://mitsloan.mit.edu/mit-sloan-fell ... 22-profile

JohnDoe2022 wrote:
I got rejected at MIT Sloan for 151 EA. Just wanted to know why it will be any different with Stanford. My profile although is decent
- 10 year work ex
- founded started and doing that for 6 years
- raised $6M in funding
- on board of mentors for accelerator programme.

Seems like EA was needed on higher side, but due to work I don’t have time to prepare much

Well good luck everyone,

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I applied to the 2 Sloan Fellows programs and got rejected to the interview by MIT this week. Still digesting the result but it seems harder than I could imagine. Luckily, the Stanford's result will be not released until November, otherwise it could be a "double kills" to my spirit :((

My background:
- Had a traditional MBA degree in Europe in 2014
- Worked 5 years in O&G industry, Founded 2 companies and running 1 currently - which is hiring 70 people
- EA: 156

Weak spots in MIT's application: low undergraduate GPA, unclear explanations to pursuit another master degree, and not well tailored Cover Letter.

The MSx was a preference therefore I could be biased and didn't show a great enthusiasm overall. Didn't think explaining the reason for second MBA was critical. Should have used the additional space to talk further about it. Those are my analysis but not certain they are true.

Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Calling all Stanford GSB MSx Applicants: 2022 Intake (Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Hi does anybody know whether we need to submit official test (GMAT/GRE/EA) at the time of submission? Or is unofficial score ok? Can we submit official score after being admitted? It takes many days after completion of an exam for the official result to be sent out

Originally posted by hellothere88 on 27 Oct 2021, 05:32.
Last edited by hellothere88 on 11 Nov 2021, 10:08, edited 3 times in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Kudos
I received an interveiw from MSX a week ago. Funny enough I have been invited by GSB 3 times. this is the third time now. (multiple reasons that I did not start the MBA journey yet. well hey, they say third time's the charm!)

Though the previous 2 invitations were from the 2 year MBA program. Maybe MSX finally decided that I am old enough for MSX now? haha.

Guys, from the feedback I've gathered. the MSX interview is quite different than the MBA alumni interview.
It is also different than the MIT SF interview (I was admitted with scholarship in 2020)

Is there any place people post their questions? (I have a limited list from some current MSX students, wanted to see more)

Perhaps people who received interview can message me? I'll organise a group to share info??
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [6]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos