Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 361 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I could not and do not want to run away from my work (I'm running my own business). So it is keeping busy and sane everyday. But I do sneak away and look at forums and check status, etc, once in awhile.

:lol:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hobbit, are you leaving your full-time job before you will get the admission?

I left my previous job (consultant, VERY time consuming) and now I work as an M&A advisory in a very small investment bank. This is my temporary job... when I have accepted such offer I thought I would have learned something in my field of interest.... but... there's no work to do.

Even the receptionist is so bored that she's looking for another job :-D

Maybe (but I'm not sure it's worth to change my job at this time) I will look either for a stage in my prevoius university's biz school or for a job as a high school temporary teacher.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 361 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i'm leaving my full-time job not because of the applications.... i've already decided that i don't want to keep this position for too long...i don't like it anymore. my state of mind after the application submitting might have affected the timing... that's all. if my applications are not successful, i'll find another job or start my own business. i never had problems in finding jobs.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think I should do the same... I'm wasting my time in this place. :-(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Why not make use of the "free" time that you have to do something related to your phd? Reading relevant papers, etc.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Of course, I have researched some materials for this purpose and I should start shortly a research project / business start-up in collaboration with one reccomender of mine. However... we have been waiting for some data for 2 months. :-( It's waiting time on this side too... :-)

Furthermore, by analyzing a certain company's balance sheet, I have found an interesting result about an effect of the Italian dual-income tax on enterprises... even if this is not my field of interest, I might look for a suitable journal and start an empirical investigation to publish an article.

I just have to make up my mind and organize my free time...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4384 posts