Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22043 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
GMAT Club Reviews PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [0]
Given Kudos: 522
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1433 [0]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
Re: GMAT Verbal improvement for non-native speakers? [#permalink]
Hi luiscustodio1303,

At first, using the free trial version of an online course and then making a decision should be a good idea. I used a few courses for verbal, I found manhattan prep Interact the best online course for verbal.

Best Wishes!
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 486 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey there Luis!

Take a look at the link in my signature "The Studying Verbal Starter Kit." It has a lot of free videos that cover the topics, strategies, and review practices you'll need to increase your verbal score.
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
luiscustodio1303 wrote:
Hi guys,

My wife and I wanted to apply to R2 but our gmat scores are not as high as expected so we have decided to postpone it to R1 of next year.

Since we have more time to prepare for the GMAT, we are searching for an online course (this year we prepared by our own; Manhattan Prep books + lot of youtube videos from different sources). We are non-native speakers.
My last 4 mocks:
- 660: V31 Q49
- 700: V35 Q49
- 670: V36 Q46
- 640: V28 Q49
Here a deep dive on verbal:
SC: accuracy between 75 and 80%. Time per question between 1min30sec and 1min50sec
RC: accuracy between 70 and 75%. Time per question around 2 min
CR: accuracy below 40%. Time per question around 2min 30 sec and always had to skim 3 to 4 questions due to lack of time.

My wife's mocks:
- 520: V25 Q35
- 570: V21 Q46

As you can see, our main problem is Verbal. Our target is 730 as we want to apply to a top15 BS.
Any suggestion of course/private tutoring/etc to improve our verbal score?

Thx

Hi luiscustodio1303,

Private tutoring is the best option if you feel you need a personal mentor to guide you through your preparation. Your performance will be constantly monitored by the mentor and based on the feedback you can prepare accordingly. This mostly works when students face difficulty in understanding concepts and require a one-on-one interaction with tutors with personalised learning. Moreover, if you feel you get distracted now and then, and need a mentor to keep you right on track till the end, I suggest you to go with private tutoring.

If you are open to suggestions, I would recommend you to check the private tutoring course offered by GMATWhiz. It offers a tailor made learning experience with highly experienced teachers at an affordable price and help you indulge in flawlessly personalised learning process. Our tutors have a minimum of 10 years teaching experience and we offer a hybrid learning experience where we combine the best of online learning (technology) with private tutoring. Also, the round-the-clock availability feature allows you to book the slot of your choice not having to worry about our availability on your convenient time. We use an AI based learning platform to do 3 things:

1. Get you a personalized trackable study plan that adapts in real time
2. Track your performance on the portal against 20+ data points for each question.
3. Help you learn the basic concepts through video lessons, thereby saving the number of private tutoring hours you need. (These video lessons are created by the same experts who teach you)

The tutor uses these data points before each session to identify the gaps in your learning and create relevant content for discussion. Hence each session is 5 times more effective than those offered by other private tutors as you get pin-point advice on exact reasons behind your mistakes. As a result, you get the maximum output with minimum number of sessions.

You can check out the free demo on GMATWhiz and decide for yourself if it is the one you are looking for.

You can also check out the reviews on: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/gmatwhiz-345345722?fl=menu

You can go through the below link to see how William, with a full time, hectic job schedule, achieved a Q50 and V40 with GMATWhiz private tutoring, exhaustive videos, and the strategies, bringing it to a GMAT 740:

Feel free to reach out to me in case of any queries.

You can always write back to me here or the better way would be to connect over a call and have a discussion. You can schedule a free consultation call using the below link.

Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Bot