Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.16
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 760 Q52 V41
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Revankumar wrote:
Background and nationality: Revankumar, 23 years, Indian Male

Undergrad Information: 3.3/4 - B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from NIT Trichy, India (Tier-I college, ranked 9 in the National Rankings)

GMAT: Haven't given the exam yet (Aiming for 700+)

Work experience and leadership:

Industrial experience:-
Software Engineer II, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (2 years+)(Piloted the Build System Verification Project as a fresher, Created documentations to help out freshers, Participate in Hackathons regularly)
Research and Development Intern, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Software Development and Graphic Designer Intern, Skillveri Solutions Pvt. Ltd
Data Analyst Intern, Technosoft Corporation Ltd.

Undergraduate extracurriculars:-
Head of Quality Assurance, College's Techno-Managerial Org (Led a team of 40 members, Acquired 8+ patonages including UNESCO, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20121:2012)
Internal Auditor for the ISO Audits
Under-Secretary General for MUN conducted by our college
Senior Graphic Designer of College's Official Magazine, Cultural and Tech Fests, Symposiums (Mentored close to 25 Junior Graphic Designers)
Workshops Co-ordinator and Organising Committee Member in Cultural Fest

Graduation: 3.3/4; 12th grade: 94.5%; 10th grade: 100%

Community and others: Volunteering for charity events & its fundraising events, Teaching kids at orphanages and conducting events for them, Mentoring incoming junior students

Post MBA goals: Tech Industry soon after MBA and entering into the entrepreneurship domain later down the line

Target: Top 15-20 Business Schools in USA

1) What is the target GMAT score that I should aim for? - a score above 730 is beneficial for an Indian applicant

2) What are the chances to improve my CV/ profile? - Applying with 3-4 years of work experience and the work experience that builds therein would be the best way to improve your chances.

3) How do I approach the SOP for admissions explaining both the aspects of the Tech Domain and the Entrepreneurial domain? If my desired entrepreneurial domain is not the
immediate IT domain that I would take a job on (but in waste management which I would work on later down the line), may I still mention that in my SOP? If so, how do I map it? - My suggestion is you should try entrepreneurship or waste management before you get your MBA- that's the best way to convince the adcom. Experiencing an industry is the best way to know that you want to work in it. Otherwise you will have no base for your storyline and that can sound unconvincing. If you have already had an entrepreneurial stint or worked with a waste management company, then you may have a convincing story to tell...but in either case, why wait till the long term if these are current passions?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
MBADecoder wrote:
Revankumar wrote:

Undergrad Information: 3.3/4 - B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from NIT Trichy, India (Tier-I college, ranked 9 in the National Rankings)

Work experience and leadership:

Software Engineer II, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (2 years+)(Piloted the Build System Verification Project as a fresher, Created documentations to help out freshers, Participate in Hackathons regularly)
Research and Development Intern, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Software Development and Graphic Designer Intern, Skillveri Solutions Pvt. Ltd

Head of Quality Assurance, College's Techno-Managerial Org (Led a team of 40 members, Acquired 8+ patonages including UNESCO, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20121:2012)
Internal Auditor for the ISO Audits
Under-Secretary General for MUN conducted by our college
Senior Graphic Designer of College's Official Magazine, Cultural and Tech Fests, Symposiums (Mentored close to 25 Junior Graphic Designers)

Community and others: Volunteering for charity events & its fundraising events, Teaching kids at orphanages and conducting events for them, Mentoring incoming junior students

Post MBA goals: Tech Industry soon after MBA and entering into the entrepreneurship domain later down the line

Target: Top 15-20 Business Schools in USA

1) What is the target GMAT score that I should aim for? - a score above 730 is beneficial for an Indian applicant

2) What are the chances to improve my CV/ profile? - Applying with 3-4 years of work experience and the work experience that builds therein would be the best way to improve your chances.

3) How do I approach the SOP for admissions explaining both the aspects of the Tech Domain and the Entrepreneurial domain? If my desired entrepreneurial domain is not the
immediate IT domain that I would take a job on (but in waste management which I would work on later down the line), may I still mention that in my SOP? If so, how do I map it? - My suggestion is you should try entrepreneurship or waste management before you get your MBA- that's the best way to convince the adcom. Experiencing an industry is the best way to know that you want to work in it. Otherwise you will have no base for your storyline and that can sound unconvincing. If you have already had an entrepreneurial stint or worked with a waste management company, then you may have a convincing story to tell...but in either case, why wait till the long term if these are current passions?

Thank you very much for answering the questions, Namitha. Really appreciate your help :)
If you find time, please review my profile as well :)
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Hi gaurav5691,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with stats, your undergrad GPA is low, but you can compensate for it with a solid GMAT score. You must aim to score 730+ to maximize your chances. I think a solid GMAT score and your overall profile will help you sail easily through the selection process.

On the work front, I believe your 6 years of experience should express some strong leadership experiences. You should highlight your accomplishments at work, initiatives you took, and their impact on the organization. You'll need to showcase your career progressions there and how you stand out in the pool.

Your Ecs seem good. Having won awards exemplifies the impact you have made in your work and your ability to grow and contribute as part of a team, all of which Fuqua places a high value on. Impressive actions were done by you in these difficult circumstances. Also, try to include any hobby you pursue or something you do beyond your work to let adcoms know different aspects of your personality and what you are going to bring to the table.

Your post-MBA goals make sense, but try to elaborate more on this. You may want to read an article on how to frame practical post-MBA goals essays, you will get some insights on how to communicate the convincing case to the adcoms.

Overall you have a good profile, just try to get a solid GMAT score, and everything else will depend on how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story to stand out from other applicants in the pool. Make sure you also list gaps in your profile that an MBA from Fuqua would help you fill.

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week or once you have taken your GMAT to discuss your profile in length and further chances to Fuqua. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

How to enhance your application and maximize your chances for fall intake

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

gaurav5691 wrote:
Hello,

I kindly request you to evaluate my profile and let me know my chances of getting into the MBA program at Duke Fuqua.

29 year old Innovation Evangelist

Indian Male

Class X - 89%
Class XII - 93%
BTech in Electronics and Comm (GPA:2.94)

Work experience
~6 years at a large IT firm.
Assisting the CTO's office with inputs on the technology horizon, and strategic areas of importance from an org point of view
Evaluating orgs strengths and weaknesses and how we measure upto the competition.
Catalysing foothold for new platforms in the market against incumbents

Extracurricular/Achievements:

Certificate of Merit for English in Class XII
Invited to meet with 3 CXOs after winning a 3 respective competitions
Won 2 awards inside the org for a technology solution conceived by me
Won 2 awards for a writing two blogs on separate occasions
An idea submitted by me was categorised as Promising for the larger ecosytem in reducing Carbon footprint(did not win)

Upskilling sessions for the support staff, to help them become conversant in English, overcome their inhibitions.
Currently engaged with a Covid Support Group to get atleast one member an employment opportunity
for families that have lost livelihoods
Helped an NGO run their campaign on Google, they gained recognition, and footfalls and appreciation for the work they undertake.
This one was way more meaningful than words can express and eventually they wrote a moving letter to me.
Undertake regular animal welfare work, spay and neuter at a personal level.

Post MBA goals
Management consulting - Technology, SaaS.
GMAT - yet to give (hopefully by Aug end)

Any advice on (increasing) my chances is welcome.

Thank you.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Akashvikram,

Thank you for sharing your profile. I must say you have an amazing profile. Starting with academics, good undergrad grades, and a strong GMAT score, you are an outstanding candidate on this parameter.

On the work front, I see a good career trajectory. You must have held various leadership positions, therefore I assume it speaks of some excellent leadership and mentorship experiences. Your startup experience will be the defining quality of your resume. Being the founder and CEO of a startup should offer you strong business exposure, and then rising the ladder in terms of positions should have brought strategic acumen to you. As you have worked with international clients, speaking about it will give your profile a global outlook. You must bring all these in your apps.

Your astounding achievements demonstrate your competitive and intellectual prowess. You should talk about your Karate experience. It will add diversity to your profile. You've accomplished so much; I recommend focusing on the 2-3 most significant things you've done with the proper enthusiasm.

Your post-MBA goals need more elaboration, try to divide them into short-term & long-term goals. You may not be specifically asked to do so, but it is worth thinking about how you can link your goals to your previous experience and accomplishments. Adcoms want to know how you think about the future, what problems you've discovered with current systems, and how you plan to solve them for long-term change. So, think of the short-term and long-term goals carefully. This will make the story more orderly, logical, and concise, something the admissions committee will undoubtedly appreciate.

So, overall I feel you are a total package, and you definitely have demonstrated your potential. You still need to convey the proper narrative (and here is where even the best candidates fall short). So, keep in mind that your 'Branding for MBA' is crucial, and do not take it lightly. You have an excellent chance at all of the business schools you've chosen, and I believe Fuqua would be an excellent fit for consulting/finance.

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

How to enhance your application and maximize your chances for fall intake

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

Akashvikram wrote:
I am planning to apply for 2year Stem MBA ( specialization in consulting/finance ) in US [Round 1].

Post MBA goal : Working as a consultant or investment banker in Goldmann Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Mckinsey & Co, Bain & Company, BCG.
MBA Budget : 1.2Cr incl. accommodation. ( expecting scholarship on top of it )

About my profile:-
I am 24M from Chennai, India. [ Nationality : Indian ]

Educational Qualification:-
10th Standard : 97.6% [488/500 ] ( 2011 - 2012 )
12th Standard : 95.58% [1147/1200] ( 2013 - 2014 )
Undergrad : Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, Anna University, Chennai [7.97/10] - no history of backlogs/ arrears ( 2014 - 2018 )

GMAT Score :- 760 ( Q51 V41 )

Work Experience:-
I worked at Accenture as Data Analyst ( Software Engineer ) from Aug 2018 - Feb 2020 ( 2 years & 6 months ) - got one promotion from ASE to SE.
I also worked in my registered startup (as pvt ltd) as a Founder & CEO from Nov 2018 - till ( 2 years & 9 months )
Total years of experience : 3 years ( as of today )
While entering MBA : 4 years

Achievements & Participation :-
a) Founded a startup solving the lead acquisition & conversion problems & improving social media branding for MSME’s, worked with 180+ clients including 45+ overseas clients in US, Canada, UAE & New Zealand. I am working on the business side of the company taking care of Marketing & Sales ( Lead acquisition & conversion, price fixing, competitor analysis etc., )
b) Presented paper in 8th International Conference on Science & innovative Engineering 2018 on "Automation in Customer Feedback Management" & executed the project model at Integral Coach Factory, ICF, Villivakkam, Chennai.
c) Participated in debate conducted by pothigai TV ( Doordashan Tamil - National TV ) and it telecasted 3 times in their channel.
d) Completed certification in "Basics of Indian Stock Market" & I am personally investing in stock market from my 19th age.
e) Had few Digital Marketing Certifications in Advertising ( Search, Display, Shopping, Mobile ), Google Analytics, Inbound Marketing, Semrush SEO certification.
f)Served as an editor in a monthly editorial for 2 years at college level.
g)Karate - Green Belt [ State level Karate Tournament Winner in Kobudo Kenshukai ( Fight ) ]
h) Served as a Lions Club Vice President ( VP2 ) at college level.
i) Started a YouTube channel in 2018 and posted 45+ videos including investment ideas, business disciplines, motivational real-life stories & current social problems (importance of voting, Reasons for poverty, Rape issues etc.,)
j) NISM VA [National Institute of Securities Markets] cleared - A Mutual Fund Distribution Exam

Chances of getting Duke, Cornell Johnson, UCLA, CMU, MIT ?
Thanks in Advance.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 101
Schools: Duke '15
Send PM
MBAandBeyond appreciate your time and effort in evaluating my profile :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 101
Schools: Duke '15
Send PM
Kudos
thankyou MBADecoder & Namita for the valuable insights pertaining to my profile and larger good that you do by putting in your time and effort on this forum
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q52 V41
Send PM
Thanks Shanthanu ( MBA Beyond ) for spending your valuable time in evaluating my profile.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Please evaluate my profile

Undergrad Information: [3.3 out of 4] or [7.5 out of 10] - B.Tech from NIT Trichy (Majors in Computer Science and Engineering and minors in Management) (Tier-I college, ranked 9 in the National Rankings of India)

Work experience and leadership: 2 years (as of date)

Software Engineer II, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (2 years+)
- Piloted the Build System Verification Project
- Created documentations to help out freshers, Participate in Hackathons regularly)
- Participated in Hackathons conducted by the company
Research and Development Intern, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (2 months)
- Pioneered the Triage automation Project which reduced the triage timing by more than 95%.
Software Development and Graphic Designer Intern, Skillveri Solutions Pvt. Ltd (2 months)
- Developed Windows Application and designed a reports engine from scratch for the product SkillVeri Aura
- Designed all the graphic icons used in the product
- Analysed and extracted patterns from the Denial Data set provided as part of the US Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management business

Core Member and Head of Team Quality Assurance of Pragyan 2019, College's Techno-managerial organisation
- Headed a team of 40 organisers; Responsible for 8+ patonages including UNESCO
- Responsible for acquisition of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 20121:2012
- Internal Quality Auditor for the ISO Certifications
Under-Secretary General of Quality Assurance for the MUN conducted by the Tech fest
Senior Graphic Designer of College's Official Magazine, Cultural and Tech Fests, Department Symposiums
- Mentored close to 30 Junior Graphic Designers
Student Secretary for the University hostel

High School:
Winner of the environmental quiz conducted by Petroleum Conservation and Research Organisation, Government of India Ltd.
Awarded Special Merit Certificate for outstanding performance and obtaining Grade A1 in AISSE 2013.
Awarded Special Merit Certificate for being among the top 0.1% of successful candidates in Mathematics of AISSCE 2015
Recipient of Academic Achievement Scholarship for top 350 outstading performers in JEE offered by NLC Ltd
Recipient of INSPIRE Scholarship for being among the top 1% percent of successful candidates in Mathematics of AISSCE 2015.

[b]Target:[/b] Top 15-20 Business Schools in USA
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Hi I'm looking for a profile evaluation for the full-time 2 year MBA at Fuqua starting next year (2022)
Below are details of my profile

Demographic
Indian | Male | Age 25

GMAT
710 (Q49 V39 | IR 6 | AWA 6)

Academics
Under-Graduation: 75.74% (First Division) | Bachelors in Commerce (Honours), Delhi University
12th Grade: 96.75% | Commerce Stream
10th Grade: 9.6 CGPA

Post MBA Goals
Short Term: Marketing & Communication Impact Consulting
Long Term: Set-up my own design and communication consulting organisation

Target Recruiters
IDEO, Dalberg, Bridgespan Group, Ogilvy, Dentsu, Unilever, Frog Design (other similar recruiters, open to your recommendations as well)

Work Experience
Function: Marketing
Tenure: 3.5 years
Industries: Hospitality, Consumer Products & Services, Social Impact
Specialisations: Advertising, Strategy | Additional Exposure: Business Development, General Management

Tenure Details:
July'21 | Tentative Engagement with Malaria No More, India (This is yet to be finalised, but in the pipeline; I'm in the last phase of recruitement and have received a somewhat positive response)
/ Digital Marketing and Communication on their Nation-wide Malaria prevention awareness, treatment, and management Social Behaviour Change Communciation Campaign

December'20-Present | Self-Employed
/ Co-founded social media and website based e-commerce fashion brand 'aurai by dt' (hair accessories) - engaged with an NGO building livelihood of impoverished women through skill building in stiching and tailoring
/ Freelance digital advertising, content strategy, and design solutions consultant to small scale consumer product & service brands

April'20-October'20 | Vihara Innovation Network
/ Marketing and Business Development Associate

June'19-March'20 | Vizara Technologies Pvt. Ltd
November'19-February'20 | Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi
/ Project Associate - International Heritage Symposium and Exhibition 2020

March'18-May'19 | Templatolio Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
/ Client Servicing Associate
/ Client Servicing Analyst

Co-curricular Development
Social Development:
June'20-Present | Rotary International
/ Member of Rotary Club of Delhi South Metropolitan. Taken active participation in monthly virtual meetings and assisted with operational and design solutions for those meetings

January'21-April'21 | Sofia Smart Centre
/ Engaged with this skill development NGO that enables impoverished women through skillbuilding to generate livelihood (for my hair accessories venture)

June'11 | Music Basti
/ Volunteered at the NGO focused on the holistic development of underprivileged children to bolster their personalities through the medium of music

Cultural Development:
September'14-May'17 | Music Society Member, Under-Graduation
/ Performed as member of the society at college annual fest

July'15 | Summer School, London School Of Economics (LSE)
/ Attended Summer School from London School of Economics (LSE) inManagerial Accounting and received 'A' Grade in the assessment examination

April'09-March'14 | Lead Guitarist-School Band, High-School
/ Participated in and won a few music competitions where I represented my school with my band
/ Performed on the opening day of the International PASH (Partners forthe future) German Leaders' youth camp; organised by the DPS Society in association with the Goethe Institute at Max Meuller Bhavan

February'09-January'12 | Rockschool Guitar Examinations
/ Cleared up till grade 4 guitar examinations with distinction; certified by Trinity School of Music, London

July'10-August'10 | Artek - The International Children's Festival, Ukraine
/ Represented India at this UN initiative, held in Ukraine. The festival encouraged cultural interaction and mutual dialogue betweenchildren from a vast variety of countries

Curricular Accomplishments
May'17 | Under-Graduation
/ Passed my undergraduate degree with First-Division

May'14 | Secondary Education
/ Ranked 10th in my high school, in a batch of approximately 1500 people, in the 12th grade CBSE Board Examination
/ Received a Gold Medal and Certificate of Merit for 7 consecutive years (2006–2014) of academic excellence - from my high school, D.P.S. R.K. Puram

Hobbies/Leisure
Watching sports-Cricket, F1, Tennis, Baseball / Electronic Music Production / YouTube Learning / Streaming Platforms / Traveling /Reading

Thanks for your help
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Tejas123,

Thank you for sharing. You have quite a long list of activities! Something to keep in mind when working on your applications is that you should share how you have done a few things exceptionally well. A select number of well-articulated stories that clearly show who you are and what makes you unique will be more compelling than detailing all of your experiences to date.

Of course, there are a number of interesting experiences that you will want to consider highlighting. Since Fuqua values social impact, your work with the NGO and malaria prevention will be good to showcase. The key factor in evaluating your chances of success is whether you put together strong applications that highlight what makes you unique.

Additionally, you should work to raise your GMAT score. Aim for at least a 730 to position yourself for success at Duke. As for other programs, Personal MBA Coach suggests targeting 5 other programs too, with a mix of some “reach” schools, some “more likely” schools and some “safer” schools.

Take a look at Personal MBA Coach's comprehensive services to learn how we can help. We work with a lot of folks in marketing and a lot of Indian applicants as well.

Feel free to send a note to scott@personalmbacoach.com if you are looking for personalized guidance throughout the application process.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

Tejas123 wrote:
Hi I'm looking for a profile evaluation for the full-time 2 year MBA at Fuqua starting next year (2022)
Below are details of my profile

Demographic
Indian | Male | Age 25

GMAT
710 (Q49 V39 | IR 6 | AWA 6)

Academics
Under-Graduation: 75.74% (First Division) | Bachelors in Commerce (Honours), Delhi University
12th Grade: 96.75% | Commerce Stream
10th Grade: 9.6 CGPA

Post MBA Goals
Short Term: Marketing & Communication Impact Consulting
Long Term: Set-up my own design and communication consulting organisation

Target Recruiters
IDEO, Dalberg, Bridgespan Group, Ogilvy, Dentsu, Unilever, Frog Design (other similar recruiters, open to your recommendations as well)

Work Experience
Function: Marketing
Tenure: 3.5 years
Industries: Hospitality, Consumer Products & Services, Social Impact
Specialisations: Advertising, Strategy | Additional Exposure: Business Development, General Management

Tenure Details:
July'21 | Tentative Engagement with Malaria No More, India (This is yet to be finalised, but in the pipeline; I'm in the last phase of recruitement and have received a somewhat positive response)
/ Digital Marketing and Communication on their Nation-wide Malaria prevention awareness, treatment, and management Social Behaviour Change Communciation Campaign

December'20-Present | Self-Employed
/ Co-founded social media and website based e-commerce fashion brand 'aurai by dt' (hair accessories) - engaged with an NGO building livelihood of impoverished women through skill building in stiching and tailoring
/ Freelance digital advertising, content strategy, and design solutions consultant to small scale consumer product & service brands

April'20-October'20 | Vihara Innovation Network
/ Marketing and Business Development Associate

June'19-March'20 | Vizara Technologies Pvt. Ltd
November'19-February'20 | Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi
/ Project Associate - International Heritage Symposium and Exhibition 2020

March'18-May'19 | Templatolio Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
/ Client Servicing Associate
/ Client Servicing Analyst

Co-curricular Development
Social Development:
June'20-Present | Rotary International
/ Member of Rotary Club of Delhi South Metropolitan. Taken active participation in monthly virtual meetings and assisted with operational and design solutions for those meetings

January'21-April'21 | Sofia Smart Centre
/ Engaged with this skill development NGO that enables impoverished women through skillbuilding to generate livelihood (for my hair accessories venture)

June'11 | Music Basti
/ Volunteered at the NGO focused on the holistic development of underprivileged children to bolster their personalities through the medium of music

Cultural Development:
September'14-May'17 | Music Society Member, Under-Graduation
/ Performed as member of the society at college annual fest

July'15 | Summer School, London School Of Economics (LSE)
/ Attended Summer School from London School of Economics (LSE) inManagerial Accounting and received 'A' Grade in the assessment examination

April'09-March'14 | Lead Guitarist-School Band, High-School
/ Participated in and won a few music competitions where I represented my school with my band
/ Performed on the opening day of the International PASH (Partners forthe future) German Leaders' youth camp; organised by the DPS Society in association with the Goethe Institute at Max Meuller Bhavan

February'09-January'12 | Rockschool Guitar Examinations
/ Cleared up till grade 4 guitar examinations with distinction; certified by Trinity School of Music, London

July'10-August'10 | Artek - The International Children's Festival, Ukraine
/ Represented India at this UN initiative, held in Ukraine. The festival encouraged cultural interaction and mutual dialogue betweenchildren from a vast variety of countries

Curricular Accomplishments
May'17 | Under-Graduation
/ Passed my undergraduate degree with First-Division

May'14 | Secondary Education
/ Ranked 10th in my high school, in a batch of approximately 1500 people, in the 12th grade CBSE Board Examination
/ Received a Gold Medal and Certificate of Merit for 7 consecutive years (2006–2014) of academic excellence - from my high school, D.P.S. R.K. Puram

Hobbies/Leisure
Watching sports-Cricket, F1, Tennis, Baseball / Electronic Music Production / YouTube Learning / Streaming Platforms / Traveling /Reading

Thanks for your help
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Work experience - Will be completing 4 years work experience with McKinsey and Company as a data scientist.
Undergraduation - Completed my undergraduation from one of the top engineering colleges (Delhi Technological University) in India in Mathematics and Computing Engineering.
School - Got 10 CGPA in 10th and 97% in 12th boards CBSE
GMAT - Got 700 in GMAT (Q49, V36, IR4, AWA4).
Others - Have been involved in various social and co-curricular activities such as National level Horse riding, State level Air Rifle Shooting, Command level football, etc

Is aiming for Duke Fuqua ambitious, realistic or sureshot?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Send PM
Team, Please help evaluate my chances.

Gmat: 700( V35,Q50) IR-6 AWA-6
Nationality: Indian
Education: B.Tech( top 10% of the class) and MBA ( Average grades from top 10 Bschool in India)
Attended executive education at SMU, Singapore, Erasmus University, Rotterdam and University of Denver.
Ongoing micromasters in supply chain from MITx

Workex: 6 years total
5 years with a logistics MNC in their global leadership cadre and a global cohort of 40. International workex of 2+ years and Leadership exp of 1+ years. Top 5 percentile of South Asia business unit consistently.

Side hustle of starting a dance school along with my spouse.

Volunteering experience with multiple NGOs with leadership experience in 2.

What are my chances?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q161 V157
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Kudos
Please help evaluate my chances :)

Background and nationality
- from San Francisco, CA
- moved to Washington DC for college and reside there
- Caucasian female in FinTech
- Father has Masters degree, mother has Associates degree
- 26 years old - will have 4 years of work experience when school starts

Undergrad Information
- Catholic University of America
- 3.88 GPA - Marketing Major, Spanish & International Business Minor
- Ranked 3rd in Business School (highest female)
- University Volleyball captain all 4 years
- Head of Business School social media strategy (worked for the school as marketing intern)
- VP of Business Women’s Council
- distinguished Dean’s list all 4 years
- studied abroad in Rome, Italy for 1 semester
- honors program & Phi Eta Sigma honor society

GMAT
- GRE 318 (157V 161Q)

Work experience and leadership
- Technology Consultant for Big 4 Consulting firm - hired straight from college
- FULLY Sponsored by company to pursue MBA
- specializing in digital transformations for Financial Service clients
- experience leading international teams of 15+ people with individuals from various consulting firms
- company wants me to pursue MBA as I lack foundation in Finance or Technology (degree was in Marketing) and believe building the foundation and studying future of FinTech would be beneficial given my interests and area of work for past 3 years
- Internships in college at DocuSign Inc

Community and others
- Career Development Lead of Young Alumni Council of my alma mater
- Founder of local all-female Running Club
- Trail preservation volunteer bi-monthly and assist with marketing and fundraising efforts
- training for first marathon

Post MBA goals
- Have guaranteed offer to return to my consulting firm upon graduation. Would be Female Senior Consultant in FinTech industry for digital transformations (very few females in that area at my firm)
- Work for a bank or FSI company leading large digital transformations

I applied early action, pursuing FinTech and Marketing concentrations. Also had alumni submit an endorsement, along with 2 letters of rec from my current manager and my previous manager. Friends with an MBA faculty member and connected with an AD previously

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 166
Send PM
Hi,
Would appreciate your support for profile evaluation-
Nationality- Indian
GMAT- 770
Work Ex - 52months (day of enrollment)
International work ex - 29 months
Industry- oil and gas , epc sector
Position- procurement engineer
Currently spearheading edtech business venture of the company in middle east market.
Certification- SAP MM, SIX SIGNA GREEN BELT, BLACK BELT, PMP(PDU CERTIFICATE ONLY, EXAM IN DEC 2021)
work exp in countries such as nigeria, saudi arabia, dubai etc...
Post mba career - consulting (operations/scm)
Long term- to head scm /operations division with amazon or walmart ...
Extra curricular- avg (motorcycle tours,
Community service- not much but have helped indian expat community to get repatriate from saudi to india in the midst of covid ..so there is one interesting instance....
Helped save my boss's life when he was having a heart attack...so
Not the usual ngo kinda exp bt yes do have some ... community impact examples..

Target school-
Top 10

Good essays-7/10
LOR- all good as have some interesting stories and have led multiple projects for big clients like aramco , sabic etc...
UG- mechanical engineering , 6.93/10 cgpa - avg University (top 30% in the class)

Looking forward to hearing from you...
Cheers

BR
Sk

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
vishnusnow:

You have a very interesting background - thank you for sharing with this community. Your work experience and GRE scores are impressive.

I am very concerned about your GPAs for Fuqua. These seem awfully low. Is there an explanation you can offer?

I am also a bit confused about your career goal to "to get into the startups and private equity." Those are two very different types of careers. You might want to clarify what you mean in your essays or just pick one path.

Happy to discuss further:
https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM