Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:27 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Banking on the Summer Experience [#permalink]
FROM The Booth Experience: Banking on the Summer Experience
My decision to recruit for investment banking when I got to Booth was based on my excitement about a career that would allow me to couple my interest in finance with my desire to work in a client advisory function. Considering that I was pursuing a role in an industry known for demanding hours and […]
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
Booth Helped Me Change Careers (Engineering to IB) [#permalink]
FROM Booth Student Perspectives Blog: Booth Helped Me Change Careers (Engineering to IB)
Growing up, I was fascinated by the real-world applications of chemistry, biological sciences, and mathematics, and this curiosity led me to pursue advanced degrees in Applied Bioengineering. After school, I continued to follow my passion and joined the product development team at Boehringer Ingelheim and then went on to join the process development and commercialization team […]
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
Booth Helped Me Change Careers (Engineering to IB) [#permalink]
FROM The Booth Experience: Booth Helped Me Change Careers (Engineering to IB)
Growing up, I was fascinated by the real-world applications of chemistry, biological sciences, and mathematics, and this curiosity led me to pursue advanced degrees in Applied Bioengineering. After school, I continued to follow my passion and joined the product development team at Boehringer Ingelheim and then went on to join the process development and commercialization team […]
Director
Director
Send PM
From Safety to Startups: Lessons Learned from Reconsidering Options [#permalink]
FROM The Booth Experience: From Safety to Startups: Lessons Learned from Reconsidering Options
When I arrived at Booth and began recruiting discussions the clearest thought I had was no startups. Growing up in the Bay Area I had seen enough of them start and fail. They didn’t seem stable enough and I love stability.  So, I pursued what are typically considered the stable routes…consulting, corporate strategy, and big […]
Director
Director
Send PM
From Safety to Startups: Lessons Learned from Reconsidering Options [#permalink]
FROM Booth Student Perspectives Blog: From Safety to Startups: Lessons Learned from Reconsidering Options
When I arrived at Booth and began recruiting discussions the clearest thought I had was no startups. Growing up in the Bay Area I had seen enough of them start and fail. They didn’t seem stable enough and I love stability.  So, I pursued what are typically considered the stable routes…consulting, corporate strategy, and big […]
Director
Director
Send PM
My Journey from Tech Sales to Consulting [#permalink]
FROM The Booth Experience: My Journey from Tech Sales to Consulting
Throughout my career in the tech industry prior to business school, I observed that the majority of executives I worked with had experience at top consulting firms. This provided them a broad toolkit across a variety of industries, enabling them to scale businesses and problem solve with incredible finesse. Subsequently, when I arrived at Booth, […]
Director
Director
Send PM
My Journey from Tech Sales to Consulting [#permalink]
FROM Booth Student Perspectives Blog: My Journey from Tech Sales to Consulting
Throughout my career in the tech industry prior to business school, I observed that the majority of executives I worked with had experience at top consulting firms. This provided them a broad toolkit across a variety of industries, enabling them to scale businesses and problem solve with incredible finesse. Subsequently, when I arrived at Booth, […]
Director
Director
Send PM
1Y on Hispanic Heritage Month and Returning to Chicago: A Promising Ho [#permalink]
FROM The Booth Experience: 1Y on Hispanic Heritage Month and Returning to Chicago: A Promising Homecoming
I look out my window and see a sea of red, white, and green forming as Michigan Avenue fills up with cars adorned in the Mexican flag. Hundreds of cars line up to celebrate “El Grito de Dolores” or “Cry of Dolores,” which is the battle cry of the Mexican War of Independence and is […]
Director
Director
Send PM
1Y on Hispanic Heritage Month and Returning to Chicago: A Promising Ho [#permalink]
FROM Booth Student Perspectives Blog: 1Y on Hispanic Heritage Month and Returning to Chicago: A Promising Homecoming
I look out my window and see a sea of red, white, and green forming as Michigan Avenue fills up with cars adorned in the Mexican flag. Hundreds of cars line up to celebrate “El Grito de Dolores” or “Cry of Dolores,” which is the battle cry of the Mexican War of Independence and is […]
Director
Director
Send PM
Summer Internship Must-Do’s [#permalink]
FROM The Booth Experience: Summer Internship Must-Do’s
This summer I took a brand management internship with the spirits company, Beam Suntory. I had a fantastic summer working on their tequila brand, Hornitos, and found three things allowed me to get the most out of the experience. I’m sharing them with you, along with some advice for your future MBA internship! Get support […]
Director
Director
Send PM
Summer Internship Must-Do’s [#permalink]
FROM Booth Student Perspectives Blog: Summer Internship Must-Do’s
This summer I took a brand management internship with the spirits company, Beam Suntory. I had a fantastic summer working on their tequila brand, Hornitos, and found three things allowed me to get the most out of the experience. I’m sharing them with you, along with some advice for your future MBA internship! Get support […]
Director
Director
Send PM
Gelling My Experiences This Summer [#permalink]
FROM The Booth Experience: Gelling My Experiences This Summer
This summer I ventured out to the Bay Area to pursue an opportunity in biotech, interning with Geltor in a strategy and operations role. The position wasn’t listed among the thousands of postings on Booth’s job board, nor was it available via any traditional mediums. In fact, Geltor had no official internship program in place. […]
Director
Director
Send PM
Gelling My Experiences This Summer [#permalink]
FROM Booth Student Perspectives Blog: Gelling My Experiences This Summer
This summer I ventured out to the Bay Area to pursue an opportunity in biotech, interning with Geltor in a strategy and operations role. The position wasn’t listed among the thousands of postings on Booth’s job board, nor was it available via any traditional mediums. In fact, Geltor had no official internship program in place. […]
Director
Director
Send PM
All in One Year: Remote Learning to an In-Person Internship [#permalink]
FROM The Booth Experience: All in One Year: Remote Learning to an In-Person Internship
I moved to NYC a few days before the start of my internship and, as I entered the leased accommodation, I realized that I had been duped by false advertising! The accommodation was significantly smaller and lacked any furniture (literally didn’t have a desk or chair), but I needed to manage to survive the first […]
Director
Director
Send PM
All in One Year: Remote Learning to an In-Person Internship [#permalink]
FROM Booth Student Perspectives Blog: All in One Year: Remote Learning to an In-Person Internship
I moved to NYC a few days before the start of my internship and, as I entered the leased accommodation, I realized that I had been duped by false advertising! The accommodation was significantly smaller and lacked any furniture (literally didn’t have a desk or chair), but I needed to manage to survive the first […]
Director
Director
Send PM
How I Met Your (My)…Boothies [#permalink]
FROM The Booth Experience: How I Met Your (My)…Boothies
One thing I’ve found I can always count on from other Boothies is finding creative ways to connect. Of course, the pandemic presented challenges for meeting other students, but once things started opening up, I was happy to find that Booth students are never out of ideas for how to meet new people. Here are […]
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Student Perspectives Blog: How I Met Your (My)…Boothies
One thing I’ve found I can always count on from other Boothies is finding creative ways to connect. Of course, the pandemic presented challenges for meeting other students, but once things started opening up, I was happy to find that Booth students are never out of ideas for how to meet new people. Here are […]
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  48   
Moderators:
Booth & Sloan Moderator
38 posts
Booth and Haas Moderator
44 posts