Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32858 [0]
Given Kudos: 5775
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1751
GPA: 4
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Re: Oct. 24 Chat with ARINGO: Top MBA applications [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you ARINGO for joining, Let’s start the session

Welcome Everyone! To the live chat

You can start asking your questions

Question #1, I have received from a member | 1. If we want to take aringo consultancy can the fees can be reduced.

Originally posted by Sajjad1994 on 24 Oct 2021, 09:00.
Last edited by Sajjad1994 on 24 Oct 2021, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Question #1, I have received from a member | 1. If we want to take aringo consultancy can the fees can be reduced.
haha that is a first. We do have a discount on most of 20% on all our hourly services and 15% on all our packages for GMATclub users...

Hope this helps!
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Another question ......... 2. How to prepare for round 2 as a international applicant
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Another question ......... 2. How to prepare for round 2 as a international applicant

This is a very very general question
score a high GMAT, create kick-ass applications, make sure your TOEFL/IELTS/PTE scores are above the school minimums...
Not sure what else to say
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Along side watching Pakistan vs India match everyone is welcome to ask the questions :D
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Along side watching Pakistan vs India match everyone is welcome to ask the questions :D
that is actually an important comment - I hope you understand that in the US (and in France) no one really cares about Cricket...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Schools: Said '23 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Hi, I applying for INSEAD for Round 2 from India. In the optional esssay about "if you plan to leave your employer more than two months", I wanted to share my plans (around April) of moving to Germany to my partner who has been working there for the past 3 years. I will ofcourse talk about the freelanching and courses I would be doing with the Period 0 at INSEAD. Do you think it’s wise to talk about this?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Let me get this chat going and ask a question (and answer it )

The question is, should I rush and apply in R1 or wait and apply in R2?

In theory, R1 is always better. The chances might be slightly higher for both acceptance and scholarships, and even if they were the same, you want to know the answers by November, in case you need to apply to some backup options as well.

BUT R2 with a better application (CV, essays, recommendation etc.) or 20+ points in the GMAT ALWAYS beats R1
So pnly apply when you are ready!
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
ARINGO wrote:
that is actually an important comment - I hope you understand that in the US (and in France) no one really cares about Cricket...
But here in the Asia and especially in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh it is like the religion.
Send PM
Expert Reply
soo30 wrote:
Hi, I applying for INSEAD for Round 2 from India. In the optional esssay about "if you plan to leave your employer more than two months", I wanted to share my plans (around April) of moving to Germany to my partner who has been working there for the past 3 years. I will ofcourse talk about the freelanching and courses I would be doing with the Period 0 at INSEAD. Do you think it’s wise to talk about this?
you can... this can help show you have or will have international experience...
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Guys hurry up ask any MBA admission related question and get it answered.

Here it is by Victor......... Hi ,

Could you please evaluate my profile.

About Me:

Age - 24
GMAT : 730 (Q-50, V-40, IR-8, AWA- 6)
Nationality: Indian
UG Course : B.E. Mechanical Engineering
Undergrad: 9.01/10 - Anna University (1 of the top 10 universities in India) - Top 1% of graduating class - Gold medalist + received partial merit scholarships.
12th : 97.17%
10th : 96.6 %
Work : Currently working as Senior Analyst in a top US MNC (Fortune 100) (3+ years) - 1 Promotion so far. (May not get another one by the time I apply as that is the norm here)
People managed : Max. 4 people for a brief period of time. Currently managing only 1 person.
Overall Work Experience : Planning to apply R2 this year or R1/R2 next year based on your feedback. So, work experience will accumulate depending on that.
Extracurriculars & Leadership positions : Have a bunch from college and work along the lines of Event Head. Also worked with an NGO during college.

Any tips or suggestions would be very much appreciated, but I have a few specific questions into which I would love some insight as well:
1. Which US B-schools should I target?
2. Any advantage with UK/European B-Schools in terms of scholarships ?
3. Is my profile good enough to get decent scholarships in the Top 20 US b-schools?
4. What more can I do to strengthen my profile so that my chances of making to Top 20 schools increase?
5. What should I improve to increase my chances of scholarships in these schools ?
6. Is my GMAT score okay or should I retake the GMAT again to get an even higher score ?
7. When should I apply - R1 vs R2 ?

Thank you for your time.

Originally posted by Sajjad1994 on 24 Oct 2021, 09:10.
Last edited by Sajjad1994 on 24 Oct 2021, 09:16, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Here it is by Victor......... Hi ,

Could you please evaluate my profile.

About Me:

Age - 24
GMAT : 730 (Q-50, V-40, IR-8, AWA- 6)
Nationality: Indian
UG Course : B.E. Mechanical Engineering
Undergrad: 9.01/10 - Anna University (1 of the top 10 universities in India) - Top 1% of graduating class - Gold medalist + received partial merit scholarships.
12th : 97.17%
10th : 96.6 %
Work : Currently working as Senior Analyst in a top US MNC (Fortune 100) (3+ years) - 1 Promotion so far. (May not get another one by the time I apply as that is the norm here)
People managed : Max. 4 people for a brief period of time. Currently managing only 1 person.
Overall Work Experience : Planning to apply R2 this year or R1/R2 next year based on your feedback. So, work experience will accumulate depending on that.
Extracurriculars & Leadership positions : Have a bunch from college and work along the lines of Event Head. Also worked with an NGO during college.

Any tips or suggestions would be very much appreciated, but I have a few specific questions into which I would love some insight as well:
1. Which US B-schools should I target?
2. Any advantage with UK/European B-Schools in terms of scholarships ?
3. Is my profile good enough to get decent scholarships in the Top 20 US b-schools?
4. What more can I do to strengthen my profile so that my chances of making to Top 20 schools increase?
5. What should I improve to increase my chances of scholarships in these schools ?
6. Is my GMAT score okay or should I retake the GMAT again to get an even higher score ?
7. When should I apply - R1 vs R2 ?

Thank you for your time.
I think the easiest is if you send me an email to Shimriw@ARINGo.com with your CV, GMAT and any other info... I will answer you that way!
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
We have No question in the queue. Now is the best time to get your questions answered.

Question....... Indian male engineer, Gmat 650, 12yrs WE(first 3 as lecturer in engineering college, next 8 in core psu mechanical maintenance management)

Keen for European mba in hope to Relocate.

Acads are mixed bag, stories can be made.

What colleges are my best shot (safe shot to secure ranked colleges).

Mannheim, rotterdam, Warwick, alliance etc is what I came to know a bit about but don’t know enough.

I already have an offer from. Top 5 colleges of India. If there’s any safe ranked college then I may leave this admission or else I’ll. Pay their fee.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Question....... Indian male engineer, Gmat 650, 12yrs WE(first 3 as lecturer in engineering college, next 8 in core psu mechanical maintenance management)

Keen for European mba in hope to Relocate.

Acads are mixed bag, stories can be made.

What colleges are my best shot (safe shot to secure ranked colleges).

Mannheim, rotterdam, Warwick, alliance etc is what I came to know a bit about but don’t know enough.

I already have an offer from. Top 5 colleges of India. If there’s any safe ranked college then I may leave this admission or else I’ll. Pay their fee.
GMAT is a bit low, work ex is a bit high. so nothing "safe" . if I were you I would apply to all
Hard to give you odds without knowing more about you.
For a detailed profile review, please send me your CV, GMAT score, school wish list and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Question by Tusharjoshi573 ...... Dear sir,

Requesting my profile evaluation for HEC Paris, INSEAD and ISB Hyderabad

I am working as Resource and MIS manager for one Business Unit of L&T Construction. My responsibilities include deployment and management of workforce of 490 staff and all machines available in 16 projects, along with MIS for complete business unit of 13,500 Cr. I have 4 years of experience in total (last 3 years in same position and first year as planning engineer of Delhi Metro project). I do not have any international experience but i have 3 international projects under me.
Academics - 7.34 GPA in Civil Engineering from NIT Hamirpur(Himachal Pradesh), 93.4% in 12th and 10.0 CGPA in 10th standard
GMAT score - 680 (Q48, V35, IR5, AWA4)

Extra curricular- I was heavily involved in all committees in my college and held many postions in college committees ( College fest Joint secretary, placement representative, Civil Society Joint secretary).Few awards in some competitions (debates and technical competitions). Also i participated in various olympiads during school time.

Hobbies - i like watching hollywood movies and english series. (I am guzzler of movies and series)

Everyone, We have around 20 more minutes left in this chat session. Ask your questions quickly

Originally posted by Sajjad1994 on 24 Oct 2021, 09:33.
Last edited by Sajjad1994 on 24 Oct 2021, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Question by Tusharjoshi573 ...... Dear sir,

Requesting my profile evaluation for HEC Paris, INSEAD and ISB Hyderabad

I am working as Resource and MIS manager for one Business Unit of L&T Construction. My responsibilities include deployment and management of workforce of 490 staff and all machines available in 16 projects, along with MIS for complete business unit of 13,500 Cr. I have 4 years of experience in total (last 3 years in same position and first year as planning engineer of Delhi Metro project). I do not have any international experience but i have 3 international projects under me.
Academics - 7.34 GPA in Civil Engineering from NIT Hamirpur(Himachal Pradesh), 93.4% in 12th and 10.0 CGPA in 10th standard
GMAT score - 680 (Q48, V35, IR5, AWA4)

Extra curricular- I was heavily involved in all committees in my college and held many postions in college committees ( College fest Joint secretary, placement representative, Civil Society Joint secretary).Few awards in some competitions (debates and technical competitions). Also i participated in various olympiads during school time.

Hobbies - i like watching hollywood movies and english series. (I am guzzler of movies and series)

Hi Tusharjoshi573
So the good news is, you have a good professional experience and very strong community activity.GPA sounds high!

The bad news is, you come from a very overpopulated pool of candidates with a low GMAT and no international experience.
Hope its ok I am blunt about your chances:
I think your INSEAD chances are really low (Sorry!!!) HEC and ISB are better, but both would probably look for a 700+ in candidate with your experience. I suggest either improving the GMAT or "Taking risks" with the application and writing special apps (happy to help with that!) OR, changing the school list to lower-ranked schools in EU or India.
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Question by MBA2021sus .......... Stats: 3.72 Biology GPA, 164V 163Q GRE. White male.

Work experience: 1 year at an environmental non-profit, 3.5 years working in energy and sustainability for the state government, and 10 months by June 2022 (term appointment) teaching environmental science to underprivileged kids at a public charter school. I would be applying R1, so a couple of months into teaching.

Volunteering: 1.5 years of volunteering (2 at matriculation) to get kids and their families outdoors fishing at weekly events. Promoted a year into leading boat tours of the river as a paid role. This experience with kids is why I think I got the teaching role. All the people I work with here would be great recommenders.

Schools: I applied last Fall and got into all of the T20 schools I applied to, and one T15. Rejected at 2 other T15s and left on Fuqua WL until last week. I was hoping to target Darden and Yale, but I was wondering if I look like I could get Kellogg.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2