Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
Looks like they're going through their list. You are ahead of me, my friend. I got this:

Thank you for your interest in the Yale School of Management. After careful consideration of your application, we regret that we are unable to offer you admission to the Class of 2009.

Due to the large number of high quality applications we receive each year, we are faced with the difficult task of selecting a small incoming class from a very competitive applicant pool. Unfortunately, this means that we are unable to offer admission to many otherwise qualified individuals.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Bleh. But all the more love for the other three schools. I was in the same boat as you - I'd really been counting on an interview. Sigh. Good luck with your waitlist.

Just like Cornell is in your backyard, Yale is in mine and it was definitely my top choice. Oh well, going over to someone's else backyard could be fun too. Unfortunately I haven't heard from Cornell yet either.

I am not losing hope, but it's hopeless :)

The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and is impressed with your personal, academic, and professional credentials. Although we are, unfortunately, unable to offer you admission to the Yale School of Management at this time, we would like to offer you a place on our wait list.

Good luck to all who are still in the Yale chase!

Originally posted by Nsentra on 08 Feb 2007, 12:49.
Last edited by Nsentra on 08 Feb 2007, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
You guys are both Round 1?

I am Round 2
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey man... when I visited last year there was a WL'er interviewing. I think they might interview you later if they want more time to think about you. Odd order of events, but I believe they do do that.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mark4124 wrote:
Hey man... when I visited last year there was a WL'er interviewing. I think they might interview you later if they want more time to think about you. Odd order of events, but I believe they do do that.

Thanks Mark. Yes, pretty odd since there is still plenty of time before R2 decision deadline.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
It is odd... wonder if others of us will get stuff like that too
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat... You are R2 and already dinged?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
You still have hope that you got waitlisted. It looks like Yale released a lot of decisions (ding and waitlist) today. I am sad to report that I'll joining aaudetat on the ding list. The Yale app surely does not give us much chance to expose ourselves to the adcoms. Good luck Nsentra :)
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Interesting... the deadline isn't for forever!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
yep, i applied in round 2 as well. I don't mind that Yale dinged me, but none of the others are allowed to do so. Here that, other schools? That's right. No dings!
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
The fact that Yale only had 2 essays was pretty ridiculous. That means you really had to be choosy about what you did in number 2. I think I may have tried to include too much in essay 2, in other words I covered several topics without a lot of detail, instead of just picking one and going into it very in-depth. I know this goes against conventional wisdom, but I thought that it was the way to go.

Why don't they have more essays? Are they just trying to make it easy for people to apply there so they look more selective?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dinged without interview for me as well. This really sucks. Its like being rejected by the hot girl in HS all over again.

I think what really did me in was my GMAT score, in particular my Quant. 660 overall but like 69% on quant. Everything else, GPA, essay, reco, Work experience, was more than adequate but it didn't make up for GMAT. The relatively fast response makes me belive that Yale is really trying to drive up the numbers this year.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
You mean you think they're screening for higher GMATs this year?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
You mean you think they're screening for higher GMATs this year?

well, theoretically with only 150 or so seats this year, yea they have to be more selective in all areas I'd think.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah I see what you mean.

Why does the year we all apply have to be the year that there is a huge surge in applications? I wonder if this will be the same next year.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I haven't been dinged or waitlisted yet... but I'm sure I will be in the next few weeks. :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
Yale is a GMAT whore .so i didnt even bother to apply ..did a class visit as well...not really impressed..looks like the School lacks a focus and the facilities r not that great...

2 Essays -- That is fkng crazy...and even the appln doesnt have much scope..so on what criteria they will choose students say a Mark vs Ozie...
they will just go by GMAT Scores.../GPA ..
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah I wasn't that impressed with the facilities.

When you say they're a GMAT whore (I've heard this said about NYU too), where do you get that from? I agree that only two essays means they have less data points so GMAT would be that much more important, but are you basing that on anything else?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2