Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:36 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
venky1979 wrote:
Just curious
DOes Kellogg prefer to Waitlist most of the candidates rather than ding them at once??

ANybody any stats/thoughts on that??

Not sure if you mean when the decisions come out or if you mean whats more likely... Dings and accepts come out throughout the period they release decisions -occasional waitlists seem to have come out during that general timeframe as well, but the vast majority of waitlists come out on decision day.

Waitlists are reserved for people they would like to admit if they had space, so no, there is no preference to waitlist people over ding. By definition, the waitlist exists because they need to ensure an appropriate class size - and they don't offer slots to everyone on the waitlist - there's no need to artificially beef up the size.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
venky1979 wrote:
Just curious
DOes Kellogg prefer to Waitlist most of the candidates rather than ding them at once??

ANybody any stats/thoughts on that??

Not sure if you mean when the decisions come out or if you mean whats more likely... Dings and accepts come out throughout the period they release decisions -occasional waitlists seem to have come out during that general timeframe as well, but the vast majority of waitlists come out on decision day.

Waitlists are reserved for people they would like to admit if they had space, so no, there is no preference to waitlist people over ding. By definition, the waitlist exists because they need to ensure an appropriate class size - and they don't offer slots to everyone on the waitlist - there's no need to artificially beef up the size.

Yeah Idid mean whats most likely a ding or a waitlist.

So are you saying that in general waitlists are very less.

I had this question becuase yield of kellogg is 56% and as a result the waitlists would be more likely than dings or accepts (just a yield management strategy)
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well What happened to kellogg R2 pant poopers so many but so silent
Guys share ur feelings even if it is playing xbox to get ur mind off apps :)

If we aspire to study in the same class lets keep the converstation rolling :)
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
sm176811 wrote:
Anyone has any updates from Kellogg?

Are you for R2
post ur profile I will put it in the first message
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Rhyme
I have posted your profiel on first message. Hope its ok with u
Director
Director
Send PM
App status still says submitted [#permalink]
Just called Kellogg regarding app status
and they got back saying that its normal that the app status remains submitted till end of feb.

Long Boring wait :(
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Any updates on Kellog R2?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
sm176811 wrote:
Any updates on Kellog R2?

Not for me :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm reposting this question from another thread - where the poster asked questions on essay spacing/fonts. I never even gave this another thought until I came across his question. And now my question as follows...

I submitted essays for Kellogg which stated "double spacing". Since it was the only school I applied to this year, I took that to mean "just don't single space" and used 1.5 spacing (on top of a 10 font). I didn't realize schools would actually specialize 1.5 had they wanted it... I know this is starting to sound really obsessive and trivial - but do you think they'd actually cross me off cuz of this?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
kharma wrote:
I'm reposting this question from another thread - where the poster asked questions on essay spacing/fonts. I never even gave this another thought until I came across his question. And now my question as follows...

I submitted essays for Kellogg which stated "double spacing". Since it was the only school I applied to this year, I took that to mean "just don't single space" and used 1.5 spacing (on top of a 10 font). I didn't realize schools would actually specialize 1.5 had they wanted it... I know this is starting to sound really obsessive and trivial - but do you think they'd actually cross me off cuz of this?

No They usually want easily readable stuff. They dont want to struggle too hard

Usually people play around with spacing to ridculous extents that it becomes inconvenient for the adcom to read.

I would say If your essay is presentable and easily readable it would be just fine and 1.5 spacing would be ignored

I hope you have adhered to the pagelimits(paragraph limits) with minimal deviation.

If you have reduced the margins by an inch on all four sides, shrank the font to 9-, exceeded the page limit by a significant amount and yet used 1.5 font to present ur essays then the essay will come across as too wordy and that might be bad for u.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Venky thanks - You are definitely calming my nerves on this (at least a little). I never knew this was such a big deal until I saw all those threads out there. I definitely stuck to page/paragraph limits. And used 1 inch margins along with a 10 font.
So I guess we'll see where I come out.

:shock:

Goshdamn I really hate this waiting limbo.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
kharma wrote:
Venky thanks - You are definitely calming my nerves on this (at least a little). I never knew this was such a big deal until I saw all those threads out there. I definitely stuck to page/paragraph limits. And used 1 inch margins along with a 10 font.

I am with u
and my status still says submitted :(
I call them up and they said that it will continue to be till feb End
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
kharma wrote:

I have question for u siince you are from Canada
Does Queens actually have the reputation that businessweek claims i.e DOes the Industry really recognize it widely???
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oddly, I am more in tune with the U.S. rankings and reps rather than Canada. (I am in the US now and have been US-business oriented for several years).

Let me check with my friend though - she's still in the Canada businessland and quite up to speed. Will let you know what I find out!
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
kharma wrote:
Oddly, I am more in tune with the U.S. rankings and reps rather than Canada. (I am in the US now and have been US-business oriented for several years).

Let me check with my friend though - she's still in the Canada businessland and quite up to speed. Will let you know what I find out!

Thanks
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
When does Kellogg Release R2 decisions?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
When does Kellogg Release R2 decisions?

March25/26