Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:40 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
[#permalink]
Hi,

Me too applying in 2008 One with lowest Gmat so far in profiles posted so far.

Indian Male, 25 years,3 years workex (2 years international)
GMAT 710 (Q49 , V37)
Industry IT
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey faceman,kidderek,mba07 and yogeshsheth...where are y'all located? I'm currently at Chennai, India.
what rankings are you using to research on schools? I've referred to the Financial Times and the Business Week rankings. Any other rankings/resources that you guys use to research schools?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Bookmarks
gauravgoyal_g wrote:
Hey faceman,kidderek,mba07 and yogeshsheth...where are y'all located? I'm currently at Chennai, India.
what rankings are you using to research on schools? I've referred to the Financial Times and the Business Week rankings. Any other rankings/resources that you guys use to research schools?

Take the time and read Hjort's reviews / cluster system in the forum. Read Ask Hjort extensively and then go check the Ultra Elite, Elite, Trans Elite, Near Elite forums.

Also, if you look at rankings, even when BW is more "popular", US News is more reasonable. For eg, BW listed Stanford as #11 a couple of years back, and that, as we all know, is BS.

Hope it helps. L.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
I've been thinking of putting together a PDF, or something of an e-book about the application process from start to finish to cover all this stuff.... I wasnt going to do it because I figured no one would need it, but if there are some 08ers here, maybe I'll do it. I figure it'll take about a month.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1065 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
I've been thinking of putting together a PDF, or something of an e-book about the application process from start to finish to cover all this stuff.... I wasnt going to do it because I figured no one would need it, but if there are some 08ers here, maybe I'll do it. I figure it'll take about a month.

'08 here, and I believe us 08ers could really learn a lot from the 07 GMATclub class. I was planning on compiling a bunch of stuff from this forum when I start researching/visiting schools. If you were thinking of putting something together, I know I would get a lot of use out of it and I'm sure others would too.

I'm taking the GMAT in a couple of weeks. 710 is the lowest score so far on this thread...ugh, I'm in BIG trouble.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:

Hey Ryhme,

It would be really heplful if you could make a pdf covering all aspects and put everything in a bundle. There is tons of information available on the net and I am currently lost.
Would be really glad if you could put it in a bundle.

Cheers
Yogesh

Originally posted by yogeshsheth on 10 Feb 2007, 12:06.
Last edited by yogeshsheth on 10 Feb 2007, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:

rhyme, that would be priceless.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
[#permalink]
Work Ex: about 2 years right now in consulting, mostly involves telecommunications
GMAT: 780
GPA: 3.8 at a big state school
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
One thing I would suggest is to start thinking about "What makes you unique ?". The answer to this single question will lead you on an introspective journey. A good reflective answer to this question will help you craft a solid set of essays and ace your interviews.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
I found Montauk's book, "Getting Into the Top Business Schools," invaluable.

There are other books out there as well.....other folks, what would you recommend?

And do check out some of the downloads. I think my reco guide is good, the essay tips Rhyme posted were helpful, and while it's a ways away, that huge list of interview questions gives you an idea of the scope.

fun!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
gauravgoyal_g wrote:

Hey Gaurav

Am from Mumbai. I have been using USNews and Business Week.

Cheers
Yogesh
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
I've been using US News rankings, and they've been sufficient to narrow the list down to 10 or 11 (so far) for me. I've read the other rankings, but as long as the schools show up somewhere in the top 20 in each list, their range of ranks doesn't matter much to me.

I'm located in Boston.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks everyone for the advice. It is really helpful.

Rhyme, it would be great if you can come up with the e-book you are talking about. Let me know if I can help in anyway by collecting/gathering information from posts/websites etc...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
yogeshsheth wrote:
rhyme wrote:

Hey Ryhme,

It would be really heplful if you could make a pdf covering all aspects and put everything in a bundle. There is tons of information available on the net and I am currently lost.

Cheers
Yogesh

I'm seriously considering doing it - but I'm not sure how long it will take me. Probably a month at least. Part of the problem is that I'm balancing work, a wedding, selling my place, looking for a new one, and hunting for a car to buy too. It's a busy time right now, but maybe in a few weeks I can get started. Worst case, after the end of May I'll have all the time in the world to do it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:
rhyme wrote:

Hey Ryhme,

Cheers
Yogesh

I'm seriously considering doing it - but I'm not sure how long it will take me. Probably a month at least. Part of the problem is that I'm balancing work, a wedding, selling my place, looking for a new one, and hunting for a car to buy too. It's a busy time right now, but maybe in a few weeks I can get started. Worst case, after the end of May I'll have all the time in the world to do it.

Hey Rhyme,

It would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Yogesh
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:
rhyme wrote:

Hey Ryhme,

Cheers
Yogesh

Hey Rhyme,

It would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Yogesh
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:

rhyme, if you need any help I'd be happy to chime in. I would not say I can add anything new as it seems you have mastered this process, but maybe I can add some "international students" oriented insights or just help with a 2nd opinion on the materials.

Cheers. L.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16