Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
willget800 wrote:
So here is my interview update from this week

- Got a chance to speak with director of admissions. Here is what he had to say -
a) 1100 applicants in R3
b) interviewed 33% of them, he told me 1 in 3.
c) 150 students have already paid their deposits, so another 100-125 for grabs.
d) he will probably sned out another 150 total admission offers(R3 and R4), so I think 130, R3, 20 R4.. or maybe slightly lesser in R4

Based on last year 290 students enrolled. I imagine they will send out quite a bit more than 150 admission offers (was that 150 # from the horses mouth or is that your assumption). Considering applications are up but total GMAT takers are not makes one think that the surge in apps is due to the same # of applicants applying to more schools than usual. I would venture to say they will probably offer admissions to about 175-200 more people. This is due to the fact that their historic yield rate is just below 50%. I guess it is a good sign that those who have received interview invites are already in the top third of applicants. However, it still means that the majority of us will be dinged. This waiting game is causing me too much stress! UGH! I HATE THE ADMISSIONS PROCESS WITH A PASSION. :evil:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
squali83 wrote:
willget800 wrote:
So here is my interview update from this week

- Got a chance to speak with director of admissions. Here is what he had to say -
a) 1100 applicants in R3
b) interviewed 33% of them, he told me 1 in 3.
c) 150 students have already paid their deposits, so another 100-125 for grabs.
d) he will probably sned out another 150 total admission offers(R3 and R4), so I think 130, R3, 20 R4.. or maybe slightly lesser in R4

Based on last year 290 students enrolled. I imagine they will send out quite a bit more than 150 admission offers (was that 150 # from the horses mouth or is that your assumption). Considering applications are up but total GMAT takers are not makes one think that the surge in apps is due to the same # of applicants applying to more schools than usual. I would venture to say they will probably offer admissions to about 175-200 more people. This is due to the fact that their historic yield rate is just below 50%. I guess it is a good sign that those who have received interview invites are already in the top third of applicants. However, it still means that the majority of us will be dinged. This waiting game is causing me too much stress! UGH! I HATE THE ADMISSIONS PROCESS WITH A PASSION. :evil:

150 was my number.. he did not say exactly.. but he made it sound like 270 students was his count for this year.. i dont know exactly now.. i was in a rush as i was about to catch my flight.. btu i met him in the hall.. bottom line
take it easy and sleep well
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks 800...I will try my best to relax. I am actually not worried much about the interview. More about the decision. I have found B-school interviews to be very enjoyable thus far. Best of luck to you, hopefully I will see you in Ithaca next year!
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just got back to DC from my interview/visit to Cornell. I have to that the program projected itself from 3rd on my list to first! I was thoroughly impressed. Ithaca is also a great place. The interview was medicore I guess. I interviewed with a female, which usually helps a lot, but this time just did not feel great about it. I wouldn't say it was a poor interview rather just a normal one. I wish I had left the interview room with a great " I nailed it" feeling. Oh well, now the waiting till March 23rd begins! BTW two points of interest:

1. If you recieve contact from Johnson before the 23rd it means you are in and up for a Park Scholarship, otherwise you will ahve to wait till the 23rd for communication.

2. Met up with aauddetat for some drinks and a bite to eat. Barely could even tell she was a bigot!!! Joking, she was very pleasant and attractive, so boys, she wasn't lying. ;-)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks, Squali, that check I promised is in the mail!

Yes, I can see why you would want to interview with a woman. ;)

I assume you mean March 23....which means that I may STILL have to wait a long time and that those of us who are up for Park could hear anytime....refreshrefreshrefreshrefresh....

BTW, I special-ordered that gorgeous snowfall we had this morning just for you and your lady-friend. I hope you appreciated (and drove carefully).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Got an interview invite today. Is there any way to do an alumni interview? I'm from DC (I know it looks bad).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey... congrats man! Why don't you want to fly/drive up?
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would strongly suggest driving...it is only 6 hours away and a nice scenic drive. Plus I imagine it is almost just as fast as flying as the nearest airport is 2 hours away I think. Also, Cornell will probably expect you to drive up due to proximity. I did it a week ago, not too bad.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
How long does it take from when you interview to have your application "Under Review" again. My still has "Interview Scheduled" as its status.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks, guys....

I guess its more due that with my Ross admit, I'm a bit more reluctant to make the trip (in terms of both $ and time). (Btw, I submitted Cornell before I knew about the Ross decision).

Should I withdraw my app? :dunnow
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
batchgmat wrote:
Thanks, guys....

I guess its more due that with my Ross admit, I'm a bit more reluctant to make the trip (in terms of both $ and time). (Btw, I submitted Cornell before I knew about the Ross decision).

Should I withdraw my app? :dunnow

Please, withdraw it! It will open a spot for the needy! Haha...if you do not want to go there over Ross, then I do not see the point of interviewing. However, if you would go there over Ross with some $ thrown at you then interview...
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
squali83 wrote:
How long does it take from when you interview to have your application "Under Review" again. My still has "Interview Scheduled" as its status.

I didn't check mine for another week after the interview...it actually might have been even longer...but it's definitely "under review" now. My interview was 1/29.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
batchgmat wrote:
Got an interview invite today. Is there any way to do an alumni interview? I'm from DC (I know it looks bad).

Congratulations batchgmat!

Just the other day in the chat room you said you were going to contact them. Did you? So did you get an invitation by email or did you receive an email stating there was a status update?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats on the interview invite! Come visit I-town, and PM if you want to get drinks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Woohoo, I received an interview invite today on Friday at 5:00pm.. Don't lose hope everyone!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats dude!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I interviewed Tuesday at Cornell with a second year student. Very informal. I flew in the morning and out in the evening as I couldn't take any more days off from work. Aaudetat , I am sorry that I didn't have time to meet you for drinks.

If you can drive to Ithaca it's better than flying. I had a nightmarish trip going out of Ithaca. Flight was delayed 2 hours, and I missed my connection in Philly. Caught a later flight (which was delayed an hour) and flew into DC after midnight. Driving would have been faster.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5