Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 324
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello risharora

The GRE is quite low considering your software background as it will be tough to stand out.
Work experience can be a strength if you focus more on measurable business impact, career growth and achievements.
Some of the extracurricular look dated or might not add much weight unless you have some great accomplishments to talk about.
Lastly, career goals are missing and will be the most important piece of the admissions puzzle.

You may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+918452954888 (https://gmatclub.com/chat)
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

risharora wrote:
Hello Everyone!
Request all to kindly review my profile for the ISB PGP application:
10th - 10/10(CGPA)
12th - 94.6%
Under Graduation - 8.35/10 B.Tech(CSE) from NIT Jalandhar
GRE - 319(Q-167,V-152, AW-3)

Work Ex - Total 5 yrs in a fertilizer manufacturing company, the roles/responsibility as follows:
2 yrs as the programmer
implemented 5+ projects with in 3 of them as programmer/consultant and 2 as product owner
team leader of team size 16
Managerial experience -software manager of one of the departments of organization
Given several training sessions about software.
Experience of agri marketing
Knowledge of govt working related to fertilizers like subsidy, DBT, EWB,E-Invoice,etc
Worked for 6 months in manufacturing plant also.

Extra curricular-
Avid reader, read about 72 books till now.
Organised several office events like monthly review meetings, retirement parties, etc.
Member of college reading club and of office reading club too.
Football fan, attended workshop on Football Analytics and have done some analysis on football too.
Attended a MDP session on Supply Chain Analytics organised by IIM Lucknow.

Awards/Achievements
District Topper in 12th.
2nd in District Level Quiz Competition
3rd in office organized event related to create something out of waste
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello him1105

While the GMAT score is below avg, I see many elements in your profile that can potentially compensate for it.
Work ex and industry helps you stand out. Career goals are organic and realisting.
But the stand out feature of your profile are your activities outside work (running, territorial army and other extracurricular are interesting and will make for some good potential story telling). These will help you stand out in the crowd.
If you have done a decent job on your essays, I'm confident you should get an interview invite.

Best
Varun Sharma
+918452954888 (https://gmatclub.com/chat)
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

him1105 wrote:
Hi all,
Please evaluate my profile:

Demographics: 28, Male, Indian
GMAT Score- 690 (V40 Q44)

Academics :
10th- 92.2%
12th- 90.8 %
Graduation - 8.64/10 ( B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from one of the top NITs.)

Work Experience: 7 years (by May'22) in Maharatna oil & gas PSU

1) Assistant Manager, Operations (2018-present)
Job responsibilities require a mix of technical and managerial skills and include:
- Managing a shift of around 15 people responsible for production.
- Coordinating with 10 odd service teams for day to day activities as well as critical activities involving startup and shutdown of specific sub units or unit as a whole.

Worked with planning and project teams and licensor to commission a new Process Unit for Gasoline (petrol) treatment which enabled refinery to produce 100 % BS VI petrol to meet the timeline of April 2020 mandated by the Government.

2) Process Engineer, Operations (2015-2019)
Job responsibilities included:
- Overseeing all daily operations of the plant to ensure continuous production with adherence to policies, standard procedures and work permits.
- Optimizing plant parameters through process control (DCS) for better yields, enhanced product qualities and minimum loss.

3) Lieutenant, Indian Army (2019- present) (Not full time)
- Joined Territorial Army in Refinery & Pipelines regiment, which is for professionals working in Oil & Gas sectors. It involves annual training camps and embodiment during national emergencies/crises.
- Embodied on 3 occasions to provide assistance to refinery for maintaining production during times of manpower crises caused due to strikes of workmen unions.
- Adjudged “Best Performer” in Recruitment Training Camp of for showing excellence in Battle Proficiency Test (BPT), Physical Proficiency Test (PPT), shooting skills and overall conduct during the camp.

Extra Curricular :

Positions of responsibility:
• As Co-head of social club, led a three-tier committee taking care of all the events and activities and acted as intermediary between students and various NGOs for collaboration.
• Worked as Ambassador for Meds For More to provide unused COVID-19 medicine to the less privileged, and have organized medicine collection drives at various residential and office premises.
• Worked as coordinator in college sports fest and was responsible for Increase in social media visibility & sponsorship.

Volunteer:
• Actively engaged with Robin Hood Army last 6+ years. My role involved tying up with food banks, restaurants and other channels of food collection to ensure less wastage of food and to serve the primary purpose of feeding the underprivileged.
• Active participant in Company’s CSR activities and have volunteered for health drives, tree plantation campaigns etc. I have been recognized at workplace for my continuous contribution in CSR activities.
• Represented my organization in Football tournament organized by Petroleum Sports Promotion Board and got the privilege of playing alongside professional players as well as retired Indian football team players.
• Participated in Inter NIT football and various regional football tournaments as part of college football team.

Other interests:
- Avid runner and have participated in several half and full marathons.
- A trekking enthusiast and have done 20+ small treks around Mumbai/Pune and 2 Himalayan Treks
- Adventure sports (10+ already done), fitness, lawn tennis, bike rides

Post MBA goals:
Short Term: Taking up a Supply Chain Management role
Long Term: Getting into supply chain consulting

Queries:
Is my GMAT score good enough?
Whether I stand any realistic chance of getting through in R3?

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi,

I have scored 306 in GRE (Q-159 and V-147). I have work experience of 11 months in a startup as a business analyst.
My academics:
10th board: 10 CGPA (CBSE)
12th board: 98.7% (state board)
Btech: 7.77/10 (ECE)

I won in several national-level competitions which were conducted by top-notch organizations in India like the IIT Bombay, IIM Rohtak, etc. I have about 6 national-level awards and 1 research paper. I also have 5 to 6 volunteering activities. Would you rate my chances of getting admitted into ISB through the Early entry option?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: ISB '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
capamerica0111 wrote:
Hi,

I have scored 306 in GRE (Q-159 and V-147). I have work experience of 11 months in a startup as a business analyst.
My academics:

I won in several national-level competitions which were conducted by top-notch organizations in India like the IIT Bombay, IIM Rohtak, etc. I have about 6 national-level awards and 1 research paper. I also have 5 to 6 volunteering activities. Would you rate my chances of getting admitted into ISB through the Early entry option?

Hey Cap

Your accolades can help you stand out because evaluating a profile simply based on a year of work-ex is not easy. And you've got a lot of other things going on, which is great!

In your essays, highlight the impact achieved from initiatives you've undertaken. That should help demonstrate strength and value, and can help improve your odds.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 560 Q36 V31
Send PM
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score:

560 [Quant:36 , Verbal:31, I.R.:3 , AWA:3] (this was my last attempt. 8th attempt).

Educational Qualifications:

Computer Science from Mumbai University in 2014 with 76%.

Work Experience:

Working as a senior programmer for an fortune 500 company 68 months.

Extra Curricular:

I don't have any EC, but I like sports (cricket) and online reading clubs.

Other Schools:
I am also targeting HBS, Columbia and LBS.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Hello, my name is Ankit and I want to share my profile for review:

Demographics:
I am an Indian male residing in New Delhi

Education:
I have an undergraduate degree in Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA) from Symbiosis University, Pune with a GPA of 3.0

I am also completing a post graduate diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication from IGNOU.

GMAT Score:
Have taken the GMAT once in 2020 with a score of 610 which I rejected, starting my prep once more to give it. My target score is 710.

[bWork experience:[/b]
I have 6 years of work experience with 5 of them in the advertising industry. I started as a jr. social media manager and went on to become Account supervisor. I got promoted at least once a year in each company I worked in. Then I switched to the client side for a marketing role where I was also managing e-commerce sales in the consumer electronics industry. I have received special monetary or other tangible awards (apart from promotions) at companies I have worked at within a short span of time. I have switched jobs a bit more quickly than liked by adcoms as well.

Extracurricular activities:
I was part of the organizing committee for our fest for 2 years under the Press department where were responsible to cover all events. I am also a photographer and content creator who runs a travel photography and stories page on Instagram. I have taught myself Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere Pro to help improve my skills as a content creator.

Post-MBA goals:
I want to switch completely to the client side and work in Marketing / Brand Marketing / Communication / Digital Marketing / Social Media.

I want to understand if the gap in my CV and my advertising background would deter me from gaining an advantage in the large pool of applications. Also I want to understand what would be a good GMAT score to even apply for scholarships.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
capamerica0111 wrote:
Hi,

My academics:

Hi capamerica0111,

Thanks for writing in.

The start-up experience, national awards, and extra-curricular activities will give you a number of talking points to strengthen your application. However, at this point, you must focus on improving your GRE score to have a competitive chance at making it to ISB.

All the best!
Send PM
Expert Reply
MmmBbbAaa wrote:
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score:

560 [Quant:36 , Verbal:31, I.R.:3 , AWA:3] (this was my last attempt. 8th attempt).

Computer Science from Mumbai University in 2014 with 76%.

Work Experience:

Working as a senior programmer for an fortune 500 company 68 months.

Extra Curricular:

I don't have any EC, but I like sports (cricket) and online reading clubs.

Other Schools:
I am also targeting HBS, Columbia and LBS.

Hello @MmmBbbAaa",

At this point, it is your GMAT score that you need to work on more than anything else. You must look at a score upwards of 710 to have a decent shot at making it into ISB!

All the best!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
ABCDEFU wrote:

Demographics:

Education:
I have an undergraduate degree in Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA) from Symbiosis University, Pune with a GPA of 3.0

I am also completing a post graduate diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication from IGNOU.

GMAT Score:
Have taken the GMAT once in 2020 with a score of 610 which I rejected, starting my prep once more to give it. My target score is 710.

I have 6 years of work experience with 5 of them in the advertising industry. I started as a jr. social media manager and went on to become Account supervisor. I got promoted at least once a year in each company I worked in. Then I switched to the client side for a marketing role where I was also managing e-commerce sales in the consumer electronics industry. I have received special monetary or other tangible awards (apart from promotions) at companies I have worked at within a short span of time. I have switched jobs a bit more quickly than liked by adcoms as well.

I was part of the organizing committee for our fest for 2 years under the Press department where were responsible to cover all events. I am also a photographer and content creator who runs a travel photography and stories page on Instagram. I have taught myself Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere Pro to help improve my skills as a content creator.

Post-MBA goals:
I want to switch completely to the client side and work in Marketing / Brand Marketing / Communication / Digital Marketing / Social Media.

I want to understand if the gap in my CV and my advertising background would deter me from gaining an advantage in the large pool of applications. Also I want to understand what would be a good GMAT score to even apply for scholarships.

Hi ABCDEFU , I do not think a brief gap in your resume in a career spanning over 6 years would be a matter of much concern. I recently worked with three applicants who each had more than 8 months of gap and they received interview invites from T10 schools and ISB.
Your advertising background makes for an interesting diversity profile. Your frequent job changes (with the right narrative) could be seen as ambition and eagerness to achieve more which is a good sign in a B School applicant. To move into program management in Marketing/BM/DM etc, MBA is undoubtedly the next step for you. I would urge you to focus on getting a 700+ GMAT score and work towards having a stellar narrative highlighting your progression with each job stint and other interesting aspects of your profile in your B School applications.

If you are looking for a professional coach who can help you create an impressive application through profound discussions, then reach out to me.

Best wishes
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 560 Q36 V31
Send PM
[/quote]
Hello @MmmBbbAaa",

At this point, it is your GMAT score that you need to work on more than anything else. You must look at a score upwards of 710 to have a decent shot at making it into ISB!

All the best![/quote]

Hello ExpertsGlobal, thanks you for your kind response.

This was my attempt #8 at giving the GMAT, does that mean that I have no possibilities at ISB? Can you suggest schools I can apply to?

Thanks you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
MBAGuide wrote:
ABCDEFU wrote:

Demographics:

Education:

GMAT Score:

Post-MBA goals:

Hi ABCDEFU , I do not think a brief gap in your resume in a career spanning over 6 years would be a matter of much concern. I recently worked with three applicants who each had more than 8 months of gap and they received interview invites from T10 schools and ISB.
Your advertising background makes for an interesting diversity profile. Your frequent job changes (with the right narrative) could be seen as ambition and eagerness to achieve more which is a good sign in a B School applicant. To move into program management in Marketing/BM/DM etc, MBA is undoubtedly the next step for you. I would urge you to focus on getting a 700+ GMAT score and work towards having a stellar narrative highlighting your progression with each job stint and other interesting aspects of your profile in your B School applications.

If you are looking for a professional coach who can help you create an impressive application through profound discussions, then reach out to me.

Best wishes

Hello, thank you for your revert! Good to hear that the gap would not act as a deterrent with the right application and giving me a new perspective to look at job switches. I am focused to get a 700+ on GMAT and then would be more than happy to get in touch for further help with my applications. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
gaurigharpure1 wrote:
ABCDEFU wrote:

Demographics:

Education:

GMAT Score:

Post-MBA goals:

Hello,
Frequent job changes may be a cause for concern but they can be addressed astutely in the essay. I do not see an advertising background as a deterrent. It might in fact add to the diversity of the cohort. Target a 710+ GMAT score. Should you need help with Admissions Consultation and essays, feel free to DM me. All the best!

Thank you for your revert, glad to know advertising background adds to the diversity and not to the deters it against a pool of engineering applicants, would DM you when I need further consultations and advice, thank you so much!
Send PM
Expert Reply
MmmBbbAaa wrote:

Hello @MmmBbbAaa",

All the best![/quote]

Hello ExpertsGlobal, thanks you for your kind response.

This was my attempt #8 at giving the GMAT, does that mean that I have no possibilities at ISB? Can you suggest schools I can apply to?

Thanks you.[/quote]

Hello MmmBbbAaa,

You need to definitely focus on the right kind of prep for the GMAT. At this point, you must only work on that. Yes, with the current case, there are no possibilities at ISB and you will have to focus on the US top ~80 schools or lower-ranked schools in Europe.

All the best!
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ayush057 wrote:
Hello,

Request you all to kindly Evaluate my Profile for ISB'23 Round 3 application and what should be the safe GMAT score for a Likely interview call.(Also advice if I shall apply for the same or go for 1st Cycle of PGP'24)

Academics

10th - 93
12th - 91
UG (BBA-Fin)-80
CFA Level 2
FRM Part 1 Candidate

-WorkEx-25 months in Deloitte as Tax Consultant
Got Performance Linked Award
Initiated a new process at work that reduced the Chargeable hours by 15% for the client.
-Career Goal: Want to work in Corporate Finance/Financial Consulting Domain having done courses for Equity Research, Report Writing and Python for Finance Profesionals.
-Working for A renowned NGO for 2 years and have raised 20k+ through fundraising events
- Written 2 Research Papers concerning Finance domain using advanced statistics tools and methods.

Thank you :)

Hello Ayush

Very good profile, you can make a strong case for your candidature to the PGP program at the ISB. Though you can get through with less than the avg GMAT score of the batch, considering you are a non-engineer. However, do not set a lower GMAT target. Connect with us by sharing your cv at info@isbmantra.com for a one to one discussion.

Also, what is your plan with CFA level 3 which focuses on portfolio management and wealth planning?

Regards
ISBMantra
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: ISB '23 (A)
GRE 1: Q169 V157
GPA: 4
Send PM
Please review my profile for ISB R3 PGP:

GRE Score: 326 [Quant:169/170 , Verbal:157/170] ---- Reapplicant (last year score was 323)

Graduation: B.Tech CSE from VIT, Vellore - CGPA: 9.37/10
XII: 91% from Science stream - CBSE
X: 94% from ICSE.

Work Experience - 2years 8 months - Cisco
1. Technical Consulting Engineer (Promoted last year) for an international client
2. Product Owner for a voluntary automation initiative

Extra Curricular:
1. Vice President - Toastmasters - Division Level Contest Winner
2. Represented India at a scientific conference in Moscow, Russia
3. Best Delegate in state level MUNs at college

Certification: Scrum Certified Product Owner

Post PGP goal: Product Manager
SVP
SVP
Send PM
ayushc15 wrote:

GRE Score: 326 [Quant:169/170 , Verbal:157/170] ---- Reapplicant (last year score was 323)

1. Technical Consulting Engineer (Promoted last year) for an international client

Extra Curricular:

Hi ayushc15 , if you applied to ISB earlier and would like to understand what you could do better on your application to at least get an interview next time, feel free to reach out.

Best wishes
Send PM
Expert Reply
ayushc15 wrote:

Extra Curricular:

Hello ayushc15,

You seem to have applied already and we wish you the best. However, if you need help in the future, please feel free to reach out. :-)

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  238   239   240   241   242  ...  307