Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
GRE 1: Q168 V160
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
Hey are we going to receive communication from HBS about exact which day to expect interview invites?

Or would there be no heads up
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
CJinthehouse wrote:
Hey are we going to receive communication from HBS about exact which day to expect interview invites?

Based on prior rounds, they usually send out a message via the “direct from the director” page announcing the date and time they will release interview decisions. This is usually a few days before that date.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 750 Q54 V42
Send PM
Is anyone looking mock-up interview partner for R2 2022?
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
That's correct. Last year they posted on the director's blog on Thurs Jan 28, stating that decisions would go out the following Wed, Feb 3. Then those who were invited to interview got to pick their dates/times the following day.

If they keep the same schedule this year, they'll likely post on the blog by the end of this week and the decision date will likely be next Wed, Feb 2.

Best of luck to all! For those who are lucky enough to get an interview, I did a podcast episode about the HBS interview style (episode 41 of B-Schooled) that you might want to check out. We also offer mock HBS interview sessions at Stacy Blackman consulting -- usually conducted by me! Not trying to brag, but people find them extraordinarily helpful!

https://www.stacyblackman.com/hbs-interview-prep/

Again, good luck!

Edit:
jfoulkes01 wrote:
CJinthehouse wrote:

Based on prior rounds, they usually send out a message via the “direct from the director” page announcing the date and time they will release interview decisions. This is usually a few days before that date.

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Absolutely do not do this for HBS. Other schools might have different policies for what they accept after a deadline -- some might be more lenient about something like a test score update but annoyed by a professional update since almost everyone will have something new to say as the weeks go on. Just remember in general: There are deadlines for a reason. What would happen if everyone kept submitting updates? They have to keep the process fair and can only consider your materials that were submitted in time. Hope that helps.

yasharoraa wrote:
From what I’ve heard from attending different webinars, most admissions teams say that there’s no harm in sending updates about professional updates, etc. through a mail. They might read it or they might not. It has no negative impact, it could even improve chances if it’s a favourable update for you.

Originally posted by SBCErikaOlson on 25 Jan 2022, 11:46.
Last edited by SBCErikaOlson on 25 Jan 2022, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
Sloan MIT School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 273
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46 (Online)
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Absolutely do not do this for HBS, or really any of the top programs. There are deadlines for a reason. What would happen if EVERYONE kept submitting updates? They have to keep the process fair and can only consider your materials that were submitted in time. Hope that helps.

I think this makes much more sense than what I quoted. I personally heard from an adcom of a top school that it’s fine to drop a mail, but that might actually be a rare case. And I can’t agree more that deadlines are defined for a reason. Just in case if I mislead anyone, I’m sorry. And thanks everyone for correcting 😊
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Absolutely do not do this for HBS, or really any of the top programs. There are deadlines for a reason. What would happen if EVERYONE kept submitting updates? They have to keep the process fair and can only consider your materials that were submitted in time. Hope that helps.

Is it viewed negatively to send an email or updated scores? I get that it’s not fair but how would the adcoms view it?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
GRE 1: Q168 V160
Send PM
According to what they’ve said, they will not consider updated scores

They say that if you have updated scores, you can mention them in the interview
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
MBAAPP92 wrote:
SBCErikaOlson wrote:

Is it viewed negatively to send an email or updated scores? I get that it’s not fair but how would the adcoms view it?
No while this SBC person might be right about HB, it’s absolutely wrong to say this for other top schools. Wharton, for example, would take an updated GMAT score.

*about HBS

I know because my friend recently sent an unofficial updated GMAT score to Wharton, they not only responded that it was added to his application, but also asked him to make sure to send in the official score with the AWA score when it’s out

Originally posted by CJinthehouse on 25 Jan 2022, 12:52.
Last edited by CJinthehouse on 25 Jan 2022, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
OK thank you for that! I will see if I can edit my other response to make it not so conclusive about all other top schools as I certainly don't want to mislead anyone. In general I think it's best to just have everything in and done before the deadline, but I know that's not always possible in some unique cases.

CJinthehouse wrote:
MBAAPP92 wrote:
SBCErikaOlson wrote:

No while this SBC person might be right about HB, it’s absolutely wrong to say this for other top schools. Wharton, for example, would take an updated GMAT score.

*about HBS

I know because my friend recently sent an unofficial updated GMAT score to Wharton, they not only responded that it was added to his application, but also asked him to make sure to send in the official score with the AWA score when it’s out
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
They do consider updated Gmat scores of you took the Gmat prior to the deadline. If you took it on January 3rd and got your oficial score in the 11th, you can send that, but you had to have submitted a self reported score from that test.

They do consider updated Gmat scores if you took the Gmat prior to the deadline. If you took it on January 3rd and got your oficial score in the 11th, you can send that, but you had to have submitted a self reported score from that test.

And yes, I think interview invitations will be sent either on the feb 1st or the 2nd based on past years data.

And yes, I think interview invitations will be sent either on feb 1st or 2nd based on past years data

Originally posted by gorila90 on 25 Jan 2022, 19:20.
Last edited by gorila90 on 25 Jan 2022, 19:23, edited 3 times in total.
Current Student
Send PM
I have just noticed something. The median gmat for Harvard is 730 with Q47 and V41. The median for the GRE is a 700 GMAT equivalent. (With a Q47 and V38 equiv). Did I just ruin my chances by submitting a below average gmat instead of a GRE score? Can someone explain this discrepancy I don’t get it.

Sorry Q49 for the gmat and Q47 equiv for the GRE

Originally posted by MBAAPP92 on 26 Jan 2022, 01:09.
Last edited by MBAAPP92 on 26 Jan 2022, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
GRE 1: Q170 V161

GRE 2: Q170 V161
GPA: 4
Send PM
so most schools (except Kellogg) convert GRE to equivalent GMAT. So, if your GMAT (or GRE Equivalent) is above your demographic’s average you should be fine......if it’s less than the average too, it’s okay provided you have something unique to offer HBS (essentially the application strategy and your stories)!
Current Student
Send PM
So the fact that The median GRE score for HBS is lower than the median GMAT is explained by the people who take those tests? People who score higher take the gmat more often. Is that right ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
GRE 1: Q170 V161

GRE 2: Q170 V161
GPA: 4
Send PM
Well, that finding always intrigued me too....but I guess we cant conclude people who score higher take the GMAT often. The issue lies in converting median GRE to GMAT. I would look at the percentiles for comparison. HBS Class Average: GMAT - Q49 (74%), V41 (91%), GRE - Q164 (83%), Q163 (92%). HBS is going tough on GRE folks ;)

Well, that finding always intrigued me too....but I guess we cant conclude people who score higher take the GMAT often. The issue lies in converting median GRE to GMAT. I would look at the percentiles for comparison. HBS Class Average: GMAT - Q49 (74%), V41 (91%), GRE - Q164 (83%), V163 (92%). HBS is going tough on GRE folks ;)

Well, that finding always intrigued me too....but I guess we cant conclude people who score higher take the GMAT often. The issue lies in converting median GRE to GMAT. I would look at the percentiles for comparison. HBS Class Average: GMAT - Q49 (74%), V41 (91%), GRE - Q164 (83%), V163 (92%). HBS is going tough on GRE folks ;)......counterintuitive ha!

Originally posted by ThisIsWater on 26 Jan 2022, 07:30.
Last edited by ThisIsWater on 26 Jan 2022, 07:32, edited 2 times in total.
Current Student
Send PM
Yeah but again, considering a lot of people say that the GRE is slightly easier … the percentiles would follow. A Q49 even though it’s only a 74% is not the equivalent of a 74% at GRE quant …
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Next week the results

just spoke with Adcom
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts