Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:15 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu,

they save the best for the last!
it is probably because of the recommendation issue.

I bet my dog's life on that you will get the invite.
(I don't have any dog but in case I do. ^ ^)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Given you background with Michigan, I would be really surprised if they don't invite you for an interview. Do they admit students without an interview ? When is the deadline for interview notifications ?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
May be Ross thinks that you will be admitted to a better ranked school !! or there is always a possibility of admit with out Interview..

Good luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am visiting campus tomorrow for a separate event. I had hoped I would get in invite before now so I could fit in an interview between conferences.

Oh well, guess I'll be doing an alumni/phone interview... IF I get one.
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good luck to you guys as well. I'm hoping that it's just a slight delay and not some unknown fatal error in my app. Maybe there will be some good news early next week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I got my invitation a couple days ago. I am opting for a phone or alumni interview. I live in DC and for the next weeks will be traveling to Duke, UNC, UCLA, Cornell for interviews. I will be pooped and broke.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
update:

LXA: Round 2 applicant, 750 Gmat. 3.9 GPA, international, good extras and intern. experience, short full time work exp (1-2 years)

invited to interview, completed an interview with an alumni
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Any invites this week (of the 19th) please post!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
Thanks guys. Good luck with the interview. I was just thinking about my application in a message I posted to another thread. I'm really worked up about it now so I'm going to repeat some of it here in the Michigan thread.

I don't know why I haven't received an invite yet. My Michigan application was the best I put together. Here are some strengths:

1. I had a great story for how I would use action based learning - I actually launched a business based on an action based learning class that I took at Michigan Business School.

2. I also described how I would use other parts of the action based curriculum to launch a grander business in the future.

3. The weakest part of my application is my GPA, but in the one opportunity I had to take a course at the Michigan Business School, I got an "A", so that should really alleviate any concerns about my grades. Why extrapolate based on someone's undergraduate grades; I have proof that I can handle the work there.

4. I have ties to Michigan already so they shouldn't worry about yield. I won't be scared off by the cold, and Michigan football is a great bonus for me.

5. I really had a good feel for the essays and I believe they are well written.

6. The do-gooder extracurricular activities in my background were mostly during the time I was at Michigan. I worked on a huge case with the Michigan Legal Clinic representing female inmates suing the Michigan Department of Corrections. I volunteered by drafting briefs in support of immigrants seeking humanitarian relief because they faced deportation to countries with severe human rights issues. I also helped business owners affected by the 9/11 attacks file for federal aid, but that was later.

Weaknesses:

1. GPA - but as mentioned above, Michigan should be the least concerned of any school that I applied to because I have actually demonstrated the ability to handle the work there.

2. Age - can't do anything about this, but again Michigan should be the most understanding. I spent 3 years right across the street from the business school - literally, because I lived there as well. I spent two years at law firms, but I have spent the last 4 years applying concepts learned through action based learning launching a business.

The final note is that my application came complete really late because of a recommendation problem, so perhaps they haven't reviewed it yet. I can't change my age or GPA, but I've done as much as I can to make the rest of the application strong. I guess what I'm thinking is if I cannot get an interview here, I might as well forget about everywhere else.

You're obviously an accomplished guy and those weaknesses shouldn't be a major concern given all the other things you bring to the table. The tough part - as I'm sure you're aware - is going to be convincing schools that you need an MBA to go with your JD. That seems like a tough nut to crack.
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
dukes wrote:
You're obviously an accomplished guy and those weaknesses shouldn't be a major concern given all the other things you bring to the table. The tough part - as I'm sure you're aware - is going to be convincing schools that you need an MBA to go with your JD. That seems like a tough nut to crack.

Yes, that's a challenge, although I think I have a good story. I gave up practicing law about 4 years ago to start my business and I have good reasons to believe that an MBA will help launch a more successful business in the future. I hope that sells.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just had my interview, it went great. No point on explaining too much, it was your typical why MBA, etc. interview.

Oh, men, I SOOOOOOOO wanna go to Ross right now that it hurts. I'm trying to manage my excitement, since I acknowledge that there's always a chance of not being admitted and that there's still about 1 month till D-day.

I did ask her about their apps. volume increase, she mentioned people are finally realizing we are one of the top schools in the world, we are very proud, etc (some may think this is your typical PC answer, however, I consider it to be truth, at least on the assumptions on which she based her conclusion).

She added, we are doing our best to read apps. and interview as many people as possible to keep to our promised deadline.

Based on the last comment, it seems that apps. are still being read. Don't lose hope!

Cheers. L.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Lepium, congrats on the great interview!

R1 students...any of you guys planning to attend GBR? If so, what time are you guys flying (or driving) in?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
lepium wrote:
I just had my interview, it went great. No point on explaining too much, it was your typical why MBA, etc. interview.

Oh, men, I SOOOOOOOO wanna go to Ross right now that it hurts. I'm trying to manage my excitement, since I acknowledge that there's always a chance of not being admitted and that there's still about 1 month till D-day.

I did ask her about their apps. volume increase, she mentioned people are finally realizing we are one of the top schools in the world, we are very proud, etc (some may think this is your typical PC answer, however, I consider it to be truth, at least on the assumptions on which she based her conclusion).

She added, we are doing our best to read apps. and interview as many people as possible to keep to our promised deadline.

Based on the last comment, it seems that apps. are still being read. Don't lose hope!

Cheers. L.

Congrats Lepium. I interviewed on Wednesday also, but I made the trip out to Ann Arbor. I was a little dissapointed because this week was mid-term week. There were no class visits, tours, etc. Students were real easy to approach though. I had lunch off-campus with a first year ambassador. Overall the visit was great and I'd be thrilled to be admitted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is pleased to announce that we will post admissions decisions on line for the fall 2007 term (January 7, 2007 application deadline). Since you applied on line, you can take advantage of this feature to obtain your decision on line. Decisions will be available on line effective 12:01 a.m. (Eastern Daylight Time) on March 15, 2007.

To obtain your decision, simply log on to the site where you completed your application using the same login information that you used when you submitted your application. Instructions will be displayed on how to proceed from there. It’s that simple.

If you have any problems logging in, please contact Embark technical support services at embarksupport@custhelp.com.

Jim Hayes

Senior Associate Director of Admissions

Anyone has received this mail???
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
YES
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mark4124 wrote:
YES

Did you get the interview call... still I am waiting... actually I am not hoping anymore...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nope... I did not.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10