Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
3underscore,

Sucks that this did NOT happen to you. However, if this had happened to me, I would do the following:

- Contact the interviewer and ask him in a nice way if anything was "off" that day. Express your surprise that the interview was so short.
- See if the interviewer responds in any way
- Contact the school that you with the concern about the brevity of the interview and ask them if they would recommend any next steps

Hope this helps to whomever this happened to.

Originally posted by DJM on 20 Feb 2007, 15:55.
Last edited by DJM on 20 Feb 2007, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
Cheers for the hypothetical advice.

The guy is really quite surprised that the whole principle and process of admissions had changed. That is what makes the scenario odd - that the very short twelve minutes you have had were under a different pretence to how the interview would be valued.

It is possibly the most bizarre thing ever. The story has so many other bizarre nuances.

In this imaginary scenario I don't care so much whether he has recommended or not, just that I would have to wait another 1.5 months knowing that this would be a big part of it.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Since the school didn't bother to update the interviewer with the changed interviewing policies, I doubt the interviewer feedback is valued highly by the school...of course, hypothetically.

3underscore wrote:
Cheers for the hypothetical advice.

The guy is really quite surprised that the whole principle and process of admissions had changed. That is what makes the scenario odd - that the very short twelve minutes you have had were under a different pretence to how the interview would be valued.

It is possibly the most bizarre thing ever. The story has so many other bizarre nuances.

In this imaginary scenario I don't care so much whether he has recommended or not, just that I would have to wait another 1.5 months knowing that this would be a big part of it.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I recently had a bad experience with my back-up school and I kind of feel like calling up the director of admissions and telling him his operation is complete sh*t, but I suppose I'll wait to see how it pans out before making a commotion.

In your case I would not worry about it because I don't think there's anything you can do. If you call the ad-com and say that you are worried by the short interview, worst case scenario they think you're paranoid and uptight, best-case scenario they apologize and then re-evaluate whether they'll use the interviewer next year. Not a lot of upside I would imagine.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would go with B.

Sure, may be the interviewers comment is not taken too seriously. But we are still talking about one of the data points in the application process. You didnot work so hard to get only a 12-min face time.

Also, somewhere I read that student are now the consumers hence as consumers it is our right to express displeasure if we are not satisified.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]