Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
kharma wrote:
Venky - Asked my friend. Her response:

yes Queens is reputed for a strong MBA program. but the disadvantage is that it is in Kingston...so pretty far away from everything. Sometimes they have satellite campuses - but i haven't heard much about it...

York in Toronto (Schulick School of Business) is equally reputable but has the advantage of being in the city so possibility of working during the day (or network for that matter) since classes are in the evenings.

Both are on par - but I personally would go with Schulick...

venky1979 wrote:
kharma wrote:
Venky thanks - You are definitely calming my nerves on this (at least a little). I never knew this was such a big deal until I saw all those threads out there. I definitely stuck to page/paragraph limits. And used 1 inch margins along with a 10 font.
So I guess we'll see where I come out.

:shock:

Goshdamn I really hate this waiting limbo.

I have question for u siince you are from Canada
Does Queens actually have the reputation that businessweek claims i.e DOes the Industry really recognize it widely???

Thanks for the Info :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
My Kellogg application has changed "completed" today. however, although I requested an interview but I haven't heard from them.
I don't quite understand the underlined line part. My interview has not been conducted, why do they still submit to thr Adcom? What do they mean? Please help to clarify?

All the required elements of your application are complete.

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). As the majority of decisions are updated twice a week, we recommend checking the status on Tuesday and Friday, between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. Please note the majority of decisions will be posted during the last several weeks of the deadline.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATcram wrote:
My Kellogg application has changed "completed" today. however, although I requested an interview but I haven't heard from them.
I don't quite understand the underlined line part. My interview has not been conducted, why do they still submit to thr Adcom? What do they mean? Please help to clarify?

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). As the majority of decisions are updated twice a week, we recommend checking the status on Tuesday and Friday, between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. Please note the majority of decisions will be posted during the last several weeks of the deadline.

They want an app to be complete in all respects before the processing and checking team forwards to decision making adcom
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
venky1979 wrote:
GMATcram wrote:

They want an app to be complete in all respects before the processing and checking team forwards to decision making adcom

I also have the same thing. My intv is long over. I am not sure whether the interviewer updated the system.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just an FYI
Someone over in the BW forums stated they got their admin for R2 - looks like the releases are starting. Good luck to all!
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
kharma wrote:
Just an FYI
Someone over in the BW forums stated they got their admin for R2 - looks like the releases are starting. Good luck to all!

cool Kellogg is still behind me for TOEFL which I am taking up tomorrow :(
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
venky1979 wrote:
kharma wrote:
Just an FYI

cool Kellogg is still behind me for TOEFL which I am taking up tomorrow :(

Good Luck ! :).... The issue about TOEFL is more related on the exam itself that sometimes refuses to work than on your skills in english ;)... A crazy thing to resume :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm having my toefl tomorrow also...
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
antapple wrote:
I'm having my toefl tomorrow also...

1) Are u in for R2
2) Where are you giving TOEFL
3) Are you giving CBT/iBT??

If iBT then the issue is that u will get ur score only after 15 business days (21 calender days)

I worried if Kellogg would actually consider my case even though in e-mail they have promised to do so :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
Didn't apply to KEllogg yet. Not sure it I will.
I'm going to London to do a iBT there, in Lisbon we only have PBT now, and I have a dreadfull handwriting...
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
antapple wrote:
Didn't apply to KEllogg yet. Not sure it I will.
I'm going to London to do a iBT there, in Lisbon we only have PBT now, and I have a dreadfull handwriting...

I am going to Bournemouth Dorset
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
had a crappy exam
cant believe i bombed on toefl...
i was so tired, dont think i'll get a minimum... so probably see you next year!
damn it!!!!
still cant believe it!
oh well, maybe i'll just try to have it waived being english and all.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
antapple wrote:
had a crappy exam
cant believe i bombed on toefl...
i was so tired, dont think i'll get a minimum... so probably see you next year!
**** it!!!!
still cant believe it!
oh well, maybe i'll just try to have it waived being english and all.

Relax if you are confident of 80% in LC and RC and spoke clearly in spoken part and ofcourse written you must have done well considering the time that was given

Just wait for the results
BTW where in UK are u from?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I will but i'm confident I did bad.
I couldn't even concentrate...
the thing is I'm not in the UK, I wen't yeasterday morning (from Lisbon portugal), got there at 10a.m., then having lunch trying to find the place that was still kind of way from the city center.
i had slept only 5 hours or so...

Well that's what you get trying to be a smart@ss
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
antapple wrote:
I will but i'm confident I did bad.
I couldn't even concentrate...
the thing is I'm not in the UK, I wen't yeasterday morning (from Lisbon portugal), got there at 10a.m., then having lunch trying to find the place that was still kind of way from the city center.
i had slept only 5 hours or so...

Well that's what you get trying to be a smart@ss

I had a similar experience
But I was pubbing all night woke up with head ache
But i travellled 3 hours to south of england (bournemouth)
and took my test at 1:30 pm

BTW if u are planning to do MBA next year then whats the hurry??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
no, i'm still planing on doing it in 2007...
Just needed a new one for R3.
alreaDy applied to 1 school still applying to some others...
By the way do you know the minimum result for most schools?
And may one say he is native english? for example if applying as an englishman, would that be acceptable?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
antapple wrote:
no, i'm still planing on doing it in 2007...
Just needed a new one for R3.
alreaDy applied to 1 school still applying to some others...
By the way do you know the minimum result for most schools?
And may one say he is native english? for example if applying as an englishman, would that be acceptable?

Well I had a bad experience with Kellogg
Though I am Indian It consulting from Big3 They still didnt consider my case and insisted on TOEFL. Some colleges like Kellogg and Berkeley are real jerks in this regard

Now i am not sure what cut off is but this is my second attempt in TOEFL I had given PBT in 1999-2000 and had done badly but I got 670/677
which was a very good score.

Many feel that they messed up Toefl especially in listening comp but dont worry most scores I heard of come out well over the expectations
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23