Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rigor [#permalink]
Stay with this club buds and things will fall in place. I myself has gone through lots of frustration juggling work and kids and spouse but I guess the rigor required to get a desired score is much more than most of us estimate when we begin the study. I spent about 150 hours and ended up with a miserable score :( . I was defeated but then this forum has given me a lot of encouragement and empathy and to understand that all of us are in the same boat and many of us have to go thorugh a lot of disappointments and hardships before we reach there. But I guess the rigor required is not the journey but maybe the destination itself as this will prepare us for the study ahead and for the life ahead as managers. So cheer up buddy and keep coming back to this club. Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello

I am quite new to this forum , actually.. I am burnt out now. Cant believe it. I just studied intensively for a week and I am burnt out already ... sigh...This will be my 2nd retake. !st time I got a really low score.... That time I prepared for an amazingly short 2 weeks!
Now I got 1 month to prepare but i am starting to feel that this is not enough cos it seems like you guys take at leadt 2 months to prepare for it!! Should i postpone the test??
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
depending on what score you are starting from, I would definitely recommend you to postpone the test... that is if you have the luxury of time.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great job on this thread.. makes me feel refreshed..
!!!!!!

love this forum!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great thread … my test is just over a week away and I find myself re-reading these posts for motivation … just for that last push !!! never give up … thankfully I learned that in the gym over the past few years … that 300 lb bench-press isn’t going t come and jump in your lap … you need to go get it by the short hairs and beat the ever living crap out of it (and if you fail the first 20 times you know that sucess is just x-20 times away so you are 20 steps closer to your goal ) :o) lol same thing goes for the gmat. Same thing goes for life in general. If you look closely you will notice that people with persistence often run circles around people with “talentâ€
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I like the thread! Right time to start preparation for the second attempt. I have procrastinated for several hours at the kitchen (my wife is watching ICE Age2 in the other room :)), trying to start, but failed. Thus I came to the idea of searching motivation and stamina at GMAT Club forum. The thread helps a lot! I hope to start at the right pace... need time after work
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just relax and maybe don't study as much
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
procrastination is an art form to me. if there was a professional league of procrastinators i would've jumped straight from high school to the pros. the only way i can get myself to sit thru an entire practice test or even section is to promise myself a treat when and only when i finish. like maybe i can go shoot some hoops or go shopping or even just have a piece of chocolate i've been craving. give yourself reasons to stay in that chair and work!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]