Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Simon '24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.96
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
Kudos
UTD Jindal is a mystery. Even if you are getting 10K scholarship from Simon, it should be good bet against UTD with 50%, because UTD is known to offer roles into Manufacturing mostly just like Madison

1. As far as Ranking's are concerned, they both can be put equivalent. +-5 is the error rate for rankings.

2. Pedagogy and course curriculum are excellent for Simon, its a mixed bag of Case + Books, which is impressive and ranked equivalent to Tuck and Carnegie.

3. Diversity: If you are from India, this should be the best because you will feel like you belong here with the majority of the batch being international or dual, actually ranked highest in the US and a USP for Simon

4. Placement Assistance: If at all you are interested in aiming for roles in Finance/Accounting or Brand Strategy/Marketing/Pharma, this is a fantastic place. Even though they say 10% of the class goes into Consulting, which is true but that can be tech consulting actually with Meta, or Big4.

5. Batch: Both have a small batch, but UTD has like very less, again in my perspective, 50 is too less and 500 is too much, Simon falls exactly in mid and replicates the best Ivys like Tuck and Dartmouth

I am myself got waitlisted by Simon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
Indiagate2021 wrote:
UTD Jindal is a mystery. Even if you are getting 10K scholarship from Simon, it should be good bet against UTD with 50%, because UTD is known to offer roles into Manufacturing mostly just like Madison

1. As far as Ranking's are concerned, they both can be put equivalent. +-5 is the error rate for rankings.

2. Pedagogy and course curriculum are excellent for Simon, its a mixed bag of Case + Books, which is impressive and ranked equivalent to Tuck and Carnegie.

3. Diversity: If you are from India, this should be the best because you will feel like you belong here with the majority of the batch being international or dual, actually ranked highest in the US and a USP for Simon

4. Placement Assistance: If at all you are interested in aiming for roles in Finance/Accounting or Brand Strategy/Marketing/Pharma, this is a fantastic place. Even though they say 10% of the class goes into Consulting, which is true but that can be tech consulting actually with Meta, or Big4.

5. Batch: Both have a small batch, but UTD has like very less, again in my perspective, 50 is too less and 500 is too much, Simon falls exactly in mid and replicates the best Ivys like Tuck and Dartmouth

I am myself got waitlisted by Simon.

What do you think are the chances getting off the waitlist?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
No chance
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Indiagate2021 wrote:
No chance

Why do you say that? I don’t know about MBA, I am waitlisted for MSF and I have spoken to a lot of people who have gotten admitted to Rochester but finalising other universities over it, might be because of budget constraints, hence I am pretty hopeful.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Any update guys? They seemed to have moved on with the Class of 2024, Congrats to all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Indiagate2021 wrote:
Any update guys? They seemed to have moved on with the Class of 2024, Congrats to all.

Yeah, no update yet from anyone that applied in round 5. Interviews should be this week, if they plan to admit any.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
GPA: 3.6
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
I just received an email offering me a spot after being on the wait list since May 13.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HermesM11 wrote:
I just received an email offering me a spot after being on the wait list since May 13.

That's great! Congratulations! Could you share your profile

Intern
Intern
Send PM
HermesM11 wrote:

Which program?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
HermesM11 wrote:

Have you been offered scholarship?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
GPA: 3.6
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Tejarajarshi wrote:

Thank you Tejarajarshi! I have more than 3 years of work experience as a Project Analyst for a corporation that has multiple companies.

Sahilrege777 wrote:
Which program?

Full-Time MBA

Tejarajarshi wrote:

They offered me a 50% scholarship.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HermesM11 wrote:
Tejarajarshi wrote:
Posted from my mobile

That's great! Good luck!!

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HermesM11 wrote:
Tejarajarshi wrote:

Thank you Tejarajarshi! I have more than 3 years of work experience as a Project Analyst for a corporation that has multiple companies.

Hey did you receive a waiver for GRE/GMAT?

Sahilrege777 wrote:
Which program?

Full-Time MBA

Tejarajarshi wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Has anyone recently heard back from the school to continue to be on the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Aishaa9610 wrote:
Has anyone recently heard back from the school to continue to be on the waitlist?

Nope. Haven't heard from them. What about you?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
Aishaa9610 wrote:

Yes

Originally posted by Adityavs10 on 10 Jun 2022, 18:38.
Last edited by Adityavs10 on 10 Jun 2022, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Adityavs10 wrote:
Aishaa9610 wrote:

Received a mail stating that they’re offering a few students a chance to remain on the priority WL or something.

For msf?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41