Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 570 Q40 V27
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [1]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [1]
Send PM
Re: Foster Business School or Goizueta Business School [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I would say you want to get as precise and as determined with your career goals as early as possible and I mean like this month.

It is a mistake to think that you will find your calling during the business school. You will be overworked, sleep deprived, and overwhelmed. Very few people find their true calling unless of course alcoholism, during these kind of conditions. A lot of people and I was one of them, think that you have two years to figure out your life. That’s actually quite wrong. Recruiting starts very fast, in the fall in the first semester and technically club sign ups happen during the first week of school. Some clubs have very limited spots and you have to compete for them and if you miss your opportunity, there’s no way to join later. Don’t think that somehow business school will miraculously deliver you an answer that’ll be crystal clear and black-and-white. That never happens 😇

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GREAT advice. I definitely need to do some soul searching this month😂 thank you very much for that, I couldn’t agree more - it’s best I do this now

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Forgive me if I’m a little bit harsh, I’m talking from personal experience and I was a dreamer and probably still am 😂😂😂 so this is partially self-directed.

True story though, when recruiting a business school I had so many directions and so many options that it was hard to concentrate my effort and it’s hard for people to help you to because it seems like you’re not serious and not committed if you just general and that’s what I did. I thought being more generic and open helped. That is actually incorrect because when you talk to people and you look for help if you tell someone something like I want to work for Amazon in there supply chain management or maybe I want to work for Apple in the product development, specifically focusing on medical devices. It seems extremely specific and it seems like the opportunity to to get in there would be very slim but what happens is that people start creating connections in their mind and they may know somebody from Apple or they may know someone who works in medical devices and the more specific you are the more willing there to help you. It’s the strangest thing but it’s true.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I get it no worries at all I am a true dreamer as well and I second guess everything 😂 very hard for me to be specific. And I agree with also keeping an open mind and looking for that role and industry I would be best in and want to pursue in the meantime (Or as close to it as I can get haha).

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts