Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi, Shreya281997,

Thank you for your post!

First, I would like to say you did great backing a 730 in your GMAT. Moreover, you have an array of professional accomplishments and a good overall GPA, which would add additional points to your profile. Additionally, I recommend you add more about your academic statistics to back your profile. About your profile, first, I would like to know your motivation for MBA since you belong to a less traditional MBA background. Moreover, this could actually play out in your favor as scoring such a high score is proof of your quantitative strengths, analytical skills, and decision-making.

Coming to your work experience, you did a fine job mentioning your roles & responsibilities, critical projects, and professional accolades in your work experience. Now, just to add more value to it, I would like you to add some info about international exposure and elaborate more about the part played by you in critical projects, examples of leadership, and the relevant skills developed. You have been a part of multiple award-winning projects, and speaking about this will boost your profile. About your ECAs, it's a must for candidates to have at least some relevant volunteering and community work. Hence, I would suggest you add some while mentioning all about your contribution, the challenges faced, leadership roles played, the impact generated, and the relevant skills developed through your ECAs to bank upon them!

All in all, you have an amazing profile and do have a shot at the schools you mentioned. However, you need to have a well-defined relevant post-MBA goal and try to link your work experience, ECAs, and post-MBA goals by connecting dots between them in your school essays to mesmerize the adcom! Applying in early rounds could definitely help secure a spot in your target school. For your reference, I would suggest you read, How to strengthen your MBA application for Round 1 MBA? you will get some beneficial insights. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further help you with your strategy for essays and interviews regarding MBA programs; feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

Shreya281997 wrote:
I just appeared for the GMAT and scored a 730 (q49, v41, IR 7, AWA still pending)

Demographic:
Indian Female, 24 years old

Profile:
I come from a design background and did my undergraduate degree in graphic design from NID Ahmedabad, one of India's best design institutes.(CGPA 8.05/10, top 5 in class) Since then, I've been working in advertising, at companies including Ogilvy and Dentsu Webchutney, and am now working as a founding member and creative at an independent advertising agency. My total work experience is 3 years (37 months)

During my career, I've been on multiple international award winning projects and teams (4 grand prix at Spikes Asia, 19 metals at the One Show for Creativity, and a Bronze lion at the Cannes festival for Creativity.) In addition to this, several of my student projects have been published on platforms such as BBC 100 Women, Thomson Reuters, CNN, the Hindu, and the Scroll. I've also been a guest on BBC's Big Debate radio show, and have been selected as a portfolio night all star, representing my city in a competition in New York.

My GMAT score is 10-20 points lower than I'd hoped, so I would really appreciate a profile evaluation for MBA programs at the following colleges:

Yale SOM
INSEAD
Cornell
Columbia
NYU Stern
LBS

Thank you!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Shreya281997 wrote:
I just appeared for the GMAT and scored a 730 (q49, v41, IR 7, AWA still pending)

Demographic:
Indian Female, 24 years old

Profile:
I come from a design background and did my undergraduate degree in graphic design from NID Ahmedabad, one of India's best design institutes.(CGPA 8.05/10, top 5 in class) Since then, I've been working in advertising, at companies including Ogilvy and Dentsu Webchutney, and am now working as a founding member and creative at an independent advertising agency. My total work experience is 3 years (37 months)

During my career, I've been on multiple international award winning projects and teams (4 grand prix at Spikes Asia, 19 metals at the One Show for Creativity, and a Bronze lion at the Cannes festival for Creativity.) In addition to this, several of my student projects have been published on platforms such as BBC 100 Women, Thomson Reuters, CNN, the Hindu, and the Scroll. I've also been a guest on BBC's Big Debate radio show, and have been selected as a portfolio night all star, representing my city in a competition in New York.

My GMAT score is 10-20 points lower than I'd hoped, so I would really appreciate a profile evaluation for MBA programs at the following colleges:

Yale SOM
INSEAD
Cornell
Columbia
NYU Stern
LBS

Thank you!

Hi Shreya281997 hope you are doing well

Your profile is a breath of fresh air in what seems like a pool of analogous Indian applicants. :)
Your GMAT score is good too. I see several things working well for you. First, you have a significantly differentiated background. Second, you have accomplished a plethora of feats in your domain at a young age. All the projects you did with the prominent brands in your industry and recognition that your work has received calls for serious consideration as an applicant. Third, your entrepreneurial venture will help you establish the need for formal structured business education so that you can be better equipped for future pursuits and to grow your brand.

All the schools on your list are extremely competitive, therefore I suggest you add a couple of slightly lower ranked options too (HEC Paris - can also have the opportunity to do NYU Stern exchange if you plan to keep focus on NY opportunities). Nevertheless, I feel you are a strong candidate for most of the schools on your list.

If you wish to discuss your application strategy in detail feel free to reach out.

Warm regards
GMAT Club Bot