Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:43 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: Yale Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi! Love this opportunity.

Can you please assess my chances?

Background and nationality: Latin woman. Costa Rica

Undergrad Information: Major in Accounting - Took finance, statistics, math, calculus, accounting. Score well in all quantitative classes (9+)
GMAT: 680 (Q43, V40)

Work experience and leadership:
SmileDirectClub (Public US company) Current job, 2 years. 1 promotion, Corporate(global) Risk & Advisory manager. Big projects and international exposure
Deloitte Audit and Assurance, 2 years with 1 promotion. Big international projects, in charge of teams.

Community and others
Community involvement in local organizations. Very focused on community engagement, female empowerment in the workplace and my community and mentorship.
Leadership roles and co-founded most of the organizations that I have work with. I come from a place without many formal volunteering opportunities

Post MBA goals: Inmediately post-mba is joining IB, long-term transitioning to corporate development in a tech company. I have seen how technology has changed my country and believe in the importance of funding tech companies.

Anything else?
Low-income family, teenage mother, first generation student, from a rural town.
Learned english by myself (109 TOELF), Speak portuguese (A2/B1)
MBALaunch Program from Forte

Thank you!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1751
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Yale Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
jeny3329 wrote:
Hi! Love this opportunity.

Can you please assess my chances?

Background and nationality: Latin woman. Costa Rica

Undergrad Information: Major in Accounting - Took finance, statistics, math, calculus, accounting. Score well in all quantitative classes (9+)
GMAT: 680 (Q43, V40)

Work experience and leadership:
SmileDirectClub (Public US company) Current job, 2 years. 1 promotion, Corporate(global) Risk & Advisory manager. Big projects and international exposure
Deloitte Audit and Assurance, 2 years with 1 promotion. Big international projects, in charge of teams.

Community and others
Community involvement in local organizations. Very focused on community engagement, female empowerment in the workplace and my community and mentorship.
Leadership roles and co-founded most of the organizations that I have work with. I come from a place without many formal volunteering opportunities

Post MBA goals: Inmediately post-mba is joining IB, long-term transitioning to corporate development in a tech company. I have seen how technology has changed my country and believe in the importance of funding tech companies.

Anything else?
Low-income family, teenage mother, first generation student, from a rural town.
Learned english by myself (109 TOELF), Speak portuguese (A2/B1)
MBALaunch Program from Forte

Thank you!

Hi Jeny3329,

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations.

My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO.

You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:

Academics – We would like to know more about your bachelor’s degree, GPA, and class percentile.

Work Experience –Your experience is good including promotions and strong international exposure. You need to make an impactful resume quantifying the results, leadership skills, like - project size, team size, etc.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – Mention more about your hobbies; Active volunteering + MBALaunch Program from Forte- definitely give you an edge over others.

Your career goals - Your career goals look fine as this is a logical extension of what you are doing presently but will be able to give more insights once you share your CV. Also, your story should talk about your vision of the greater impact on funding tech companies from your experience.

All in all, sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

All the best. :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 166
Send PM
Hi,
Would appreciate your support for profile evaluation-
Nationality- Indian
GMAT- 770
Work Ex - 52months (day of enrollment)
International work ex - 29 months
Industry- oil and gas , epc sector
Position- procurement engineer
Currently spearheading edtech business venture of the company in middle east market.
Certification- SAP MM, SIX SIGNA GREEN BELT, BLACK BELT, PMP(PDU CERTIFICATE ONLY, EXAM IN DEC 2021)
work exp in countries such as nigeria, saudi arabia, dubai etc...
Post mba career - consulting (operations/scm)
Long term- to head scm /operations division with amazon or walmart ...
Extra curricular- avg (motorcycle tours,
Community service- not much but have helped indian expat community to get repatriate from saudi to india in the midst of covid ..so there is one interesting instance....
Helped save my boss's life when he was having a heart attack...so
Not the usual ngo kinda exp bt yes do have some ... community impact examples..

Target school-
Top 10

Good essays-7/10
LOR- all good as have some interesting stories and have led multiple projects for big clients like aramco , sabic etc...

Looking forward to hearing from you...
Cheers

BR
Sk

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi, I would really appreciate if you could evaluate my profile and give some pointers.

Pls, note I am in the process of doing certain things mentioned like giving the GMAT etc. But I have mentioned the expected scores.

Demographic : Indian Female, 22 Years old

Tentative GMAT : 720-760

Undergrad : Will graduate in 2023. Major- Marketing. A top business school in the country. Tentative CGPA- 3.3-3.7

Work-ex/ Internships : Working as a VP- Content for a small startup started by a high schooler about building a community for startups. Also working on a newsletter converted to a social media platform in a specific vertical startup as a founder. Alongside, working in a marketing role in a social startup by college students as a co-founder
Internship at Reliance. Will do at least 2 more.

Clubs experience:
Content Member at Girl Up and Senior Member Data Analytics Tech Society
Also, published 4 poems in 2 anthologies.

Do I have a shot at Yale Silver Scholars
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Ross '24 (WA)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
I am planning to apply for 2year Stem MBA ( specialization in consulting/finance ) in US [Round 2]. I’m reapplicant at Duke, Ross, and, Cornell

Short term MBA goal : work as a consultant with firms, such as Mckinsey or BCG, and help global financial institutions solve strategic & operational issues.
Long term MBA Goal : To build a technology-driven banking option for India’s marginalized that merges the conveniences of Neo-banks with attributes of traditional banks.

About my profile:-
I am 29 year old Male from Mumbai, India. [ Nationality : Indian ]

Educational Qualification:-
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), CFA Institute (Virginia, USA) - Cleared all levels in 1st attempt, Top quartile in 9 out of 10 subjects
Chartered Accountancy (CPA Equivalent), ICAI (Delhi, India) - Cleared all levels in 1st attempt, Top 5% amongst 43,000 students
Bachelor of Commerce, HR College of Commerce and Economics (Mumbai, India) - Secured First Distinction with a cumulative grade of 80%

GMAT Score :- 740 ( Q50 V41 )

Work Experience:-
I worked at Drip Capital INC (US based Fintech Startup) as Senior Finance manager from Dec’18 - present ( 2 years & 11 months ) - got one promotion
I worked at ITC Limited as Assistant Finance Manager from Nov’15 – Dec’18 ( 3 years & 1 months )
Total years of experience : 6 years ( as of today )
While entering MBA : 6.6 years

Achievements & Participation :-
At Drip Capital INC
• First hire in the finance department; Conceptualized financial management and regulatory processes across USA, Mexico, and India, and built a 5-member core team
• Spearheaded financial due diligence for Series-B funding of $25M led by Sequoia Capital and Accel and collaborated with US-based capital market team for securing first banking line of credit of $40M
• Ideated and convinced the founder on reorganization of business operations for better tax efficiency and delivered tax savings of $400,000 on y-o-y basis

AT ITC Limited
• Steered a 5-member team to evaluate and implement major impact points of new indirect tax regime on 20 projects operating across 15 states of India, effectively regulating yearly tax benefit of $14M
• Customized and automated information workflow in SAP software, an improvement unique across both ITC and SAP India, Augmented compliance and reduced manual reconciliation by 200+ manhours on y-o-y basis
• Key member of core team; Collaborated on yearly budgeting and quarterly variance analysis of capital expenditure across operational turnkey projects worth $850M
• Mentored 10+ member core team having average experience of 10 years; Enhanced their productivity, 4 of them got promoted

Outside Work
• Avid trekker - Trekked across South India and the Himalayas, Volunteer at local trekking club
• I have undertaken multiple pro bono engagements, wherein I helped fellow CA students/graduates with their study plans, career projections, general advisory, etc.
I want to maximise the chances of my selection. Kindly advise I should apply to which Top 20 US based B-school
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Background and nationality: South Asian, Canadian citizen
Undergrad Information: Top Engineering Undergrad in Canada, GPA: 3.6/4
GMAT: 740
Work experience and leadership: 1 yr experience as a North America/Domestic Account Manager of a global chemical manufacturing company services, promoted from Technical Advisor position servicing customers in those markets. Exceptional performance leading to early promotion, industry wide recognition with a Top 35 under 35 award by reputable Industry Association, direct P&L responsibilities of major corporate accounts totaling 150 MM USD/yr in revenue. Also have a track record of successful wins/accomplishments with direct commercial benefits to company bottom line.
Community and others: Avid Hip-Hop and Choreography dancer throughout University. Had executive and leadership positions with university hip-hop dance club, regularly taught drop-in classes, led groups in performances. Continued avidly dancing outside of work with two different dance companies preparing videos and performances. Outside of dance, helped lead charity initiatives with Canadian charity focused on education, intermediate-ability in Chinese
Post MBA goals: Leverage extensive sales and client facing experience with broad leadership background to work abroad in Asia-Pacific in client facing industries
Anything else? Nope!

:thumbsup:
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi qwertymachine,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with the stats, your undergrad GPA is good, and you have a great GMAT score. So, this part is pretty sorted. Your work experience appears to be great. You've earned an early promotion, which demonstrates your potential. You must focus on carefully crafting your essays. You must connect the dots correctly and provide a narrative that can speak impact loud and clear. Your interest in dance is amazing! I'm sure stories related to this will help you showcase your lively personality. You may bring the narrative of how these experiences shaped your personality. Your post-MBA goals should be improved. Divide them into short-term and long-term goals, and bring your clear vision. They are an important part of helping you shortlist the right schools and communicating your fit to them logically. Overall, you have a strong profile and a decent chance of getting into Yale. What matters most is how you connect the dots and create a compelling narrative. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Insights from a business school Alum on How to Ace Your MBA Application

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

qwertymachine wrote:
Background and nationality: South Asian, Canadian citizen
Undergrad Information: Top Engineering Undergrad in Canada, GPA: 3.6/4
GMAT: 740
Work experience and leadership: 1 yr experience as a North America/Domestic Account Manager of a global chemical manufacturing company services, promoted from Technical Advisor position servicing customers in those markets. Exceptional performance leading to early promotion, industry wide recognition with a Top 35 under 35 award by reputable Industry Association, direct P&L responsibilities of major corporate accounts totaling 150 MM USD/yr in revenue. Also have a track record of successful wins/accomplishments with direct commercial benefits to company bottom line.
Community and others: Avid Hip-Hop and Choreography dancer throughout University. Had executive and leadership positions with university hip-hop dance club, regularly taught drop-in classes, led groups in performances. Continued avidly dancing outside of work with two different dance companies preparing videos and performances. Outside of dance, helped lead charity initiatives with Canadian charity focused on education, intermediate-ability in Chinese
Post MBA goals: Leverage extensive sales and client facing experience with broad leadership background to work abroad in Asia-Pacific in client facing industries
Anything else? Nope!

:thumbsup:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
THanks for the coments! Yep for sure I will be doing much more reflection to iron out that story with that short and long term goal. In general, I can definitely craft a narraritive that I used to be typical STEM/engineer type who repressed his feelings until university where I surprised myself and discovered a lively/expressive side of myself with dancing! From there, I really grew into someone who cares alot about coworkers, collaboration and leaning into using my emotional sensitivity to leverage myself in my career.

Based on that rough picture I painted of myself... are their other schools you could see as a good culture fit (I was definitely thinking Kellogg)? I also value travel and international exposure (interested in INSEAD)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi qwertymachine,

When it comes to school culture, Yale SOM is mentioned frequently by applicants. When it comes to the quality of fellow students and the culture as a whole, Haas was also the overwhelming choice in The Economist's annual student survey. Yale, Tepper, and Insead are the top when it comes to diversity. Insead, HEC, and LBS value international exposure. Kellogg has a vibrant community and culture as well.

I hope this helps!

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

qwertymachine wrote:
THanks for the coments! Yep for sure I will be doing much more reflection to iron out that story with that short and long term goal. In general, I can definitely craft a narraritive that I used to be typical STEM/engineer type who repressed his feelings until university where I surprised myself and discovered a lively/expressive side of myself with dancing! From there, I really grew into someone who cares alot about coworkers, collaboration and leaning into using my emotional sensitivity to leverage myself in my career.

Based on that rough picture I painted of myself... are their other schools you could see as a good culture fit (I was definitely thinking Kellogg)? I also value travel and international exposure (interested in INSEAD)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi Experts,

My heartfelt thanks in advance for taking out time to evaluate my profile.

Target colleges: 1- Insead, 2 – Yale, 3 – Harvard, 4 – MIT Sloan

I plan to apply for August 2023 intake for the above colleges my profile is as under:

Category: Indian – Male – 29 Yrs
Undergrad: B.Sc in Physics from Regional University
CGPA – 7.1/10
GMAT – 730

Work Experience: Total – 96 Months (Social Impact and Finance Roles)

Experience – 1: Built a startup in ed-tech space to simplify and enhance the learning experience of kids through 3D printing and modeling. Ran the startup for 11 months and shut shop as we couldn’t raise funds.

Experience – 2: (Four promotions in a span of 6 years)

•Joined a Fortune 200 Bank in India as the youngest officer (Selection Rate of 0.2%). Youngest officer to be selected for the Executive Leadership Program.
•Elevated as the youngest Branch Manager and was responsible for the growth/management of a under developed rural branch. Led a team of 8 and steered the branch from being on the verge of shutting down to receiving an accolade as the best branch in the State with total revenue of INR 200 million.

Elevated as Manager: (Span: Two Years) – Leadership Role
•Awarded as the best Branch Manager in the state for creating social impact by enabling financial inclusion for more than 3000 tribal families thereby bringing them under the purview of traditional banking channel and enhancing the credit access to these tribe's and farmers.
•Impacted their lives by reducing the effect of middlemen by 70% resulting in a 20% growth in per capita income of these families.

Elevated as Senior Manager: (Span: 1.5 Year) – Leadership Role
•Promoted as Senior Manager, Strategy and Executive Assistant to the Chief General Manager of the State.
•Led a team of 25 for implementation of social impact policies like financial inclusion, credit outreach etc… to rural and under privileged people on a pilot basis in a state with more than 2000 branches.

Elevated as Senior Manger & Dealer, Forex Markets (Selection rate of 0.6%) – Leadership Role
•Lead the forex team of 6 and responsible for coordinating with stakeholders from 8 different counties. (Although I haven’t travelled abroad, this role demands advanced levels of interaction and coordination with people of different countries and cultures)

Extra Curricular Activities:
•Lead the Directorate of my State with a team of 18 as Senior Cadet Captain in National NCC Events.
•Actively participated in National Events in National Cadet Corps during college.
•Launched the social media team of the Bank at State Level to address various challenges faced by the clientele.

Post MBA Goals:

•Short term – Would like to work in Consulting
•Long term – Entrepreneurship.

Regards
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
NeelKD wrote:
Hi Experts,

I plan to apply for August 2023 intake for the above colleges my profile is as under:

CGPA – 7.1/10
GMAT – 730

Experience – 1: Built a startup in ed-tech space to simplify and enhance the learning experience of kids through 3D printing and modeling. Ran the startup for 11 months and shut shop as we couldn’t raise funds.

•Joined a Fortune 200 Bank in India as the youngest officer (Selection Rate of 0.2%). Youngest officer to be selected for the Executive Leadership Program.
•Elevated as the youngest Branch Manager and was responsible for the growth/management of a under developed rural branch. Led a team of 8 and steered the branch from being on the verge of shutting down to receiving an accolade as the best branch in the State with total revenue of INR 200 million.

•Awarded as the best Branch Manager in the state for creating social impact by enabling financial inclusion for more than 3000 tribal families thereby bringing them under the purview of traditional banking channel and enhancing the credit access to these tribe's and farmers.
•Impacted their lives by reducing the effect of middlemen by 70% resulting in a 20% growth in per capita income of these families.

•Promoted as Senior Manager, Strategy and Executive Assistant to the Chief General Manager of the State.
•Led a team of 25 for implementation of social impact policies like financial inclusion, credit outreach etc… to rural and under privileged people on a pilot basis in a state with more than 2000 branches.

Elevated as Senior Manger & Dealer, Forex Markets (Selection rate of 0.6%) – Leadership Role
•Lead the forex team of 6 and responsible for coordinating with stakeholders from 8 different counties. (Although I haven’t travelled abroad, this role demands advanced levels of interaction and coordination with people of different countries and cultures)

•Lead the Directorate of my State with a team of 18 as Senior Cadet Captain in National NCC Events.
•Actively participated in National Events in National Cadet Corps during college.
•Launched the social media team of the Bank at State Level to address various challenges faced by the clientele.

Post MBA Goals:

Regards

Hello NeelKD,

While you have substantial leadership experience, promotions, and achievements on the work front, we would want to see a higher GMAT score if you are targetting the top league of schools. Most Indian male candidates applying to the M7s apply with scores upwards of 750 on the GMAT so an improvement (especially considering we have time at hand) will definitely help.

To add to this, we are not very sure of your career goals. Why entrepreneurship after consulting? And, do you have some solid entrepreneurial plans in place to put forth to the Admissions Committee?

Overall, a lot will depend on how the narrative around your experience and goals shapes up (apart from an improved GMAT score of course). Should you wish to discuss this in detail, please feel free to schedule a free profile evaluation with us.

Thanks.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
Hello folks,

Request for your kind inputs on my profile for Yale FT MBA

Background and nationality - Male Indian

Undergrad Information - UG in computer science. Been a student founder of clothing startup. Set up student committe for placements. Top 10% of class in grades.

GMAT: 710 (Q49 V38)

Work experience and leadership-

1. 5 years total work ex at big 5 consulting firm - feeder company. 1 year as engineer. 4 years as management consultant. Had a cross entity transfer from technology to consulting entity after recommendation from global CEO. 2 major promotions in 5 years now in a post MBA consulting role.

2. Founder and trustee of sports foundation focused on para atheletes and grassroota. We support 7 international atheletes including 4 international para swimmers. We also nurture 77 underprivileged kids in swimming for free. We are Funded by global VC firm and a NYSE listed MNC. Established partnerships with US based sports academy and a global nutrition brand.

3. Special iniatives lead for office of member of parliament
I have led several national level iniatives during covid including 400 doctors national telemedicine set up during covid wave 2, set up home delivery platform with a unicorn startup during covid lockdown 1 for groceries.
Led iniatives where we set up wheelchair Ramps across major parts of the city to make city more accessible and inclusive.
I led 5 member election manifesto committee and was also involved in formation of a private member bill in parliament to regulate social media.

Post MBA goal - short term to medium term - global impact consulting or impact investment. Gain perspectives and learnings on global impact firms.

Medium to long term - Use the learning and take up leadership position at impact consulting or investment firms back in india.

I wish to continue be in the capacity of the trustee in my NGO and contribute to its growth.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1751
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
hanmanjeney wrote:
Hello folks,

Undergrad Information - UG in computer science. Been a student founder of clothing startup. Set up student committe for placements. Top 10% of class in grades.

1. 5 years total work ex at big 5 consulting firm - feeder company. 1 year as engineer. 4 years as management consultant. Had a cross entity transfer from technology to consulting entity after recommendation from global CEO. 2 major promotions in 5 years now in a post MBA consulting role.

2. Founder and trustee of sports foundation focused on para atheletes and grassroota. We support 7 international atheletes including 4 international para swimmers. We also nurture 77 underprivileged kids in swimming for free. We are Funded by global VC firm and a NYSE listed MNC. Established partnerships with US based sports academy and a global nutrition brand.

I have led several national level iniatives during covid including 400 doctors national telemedicine set up during covid wave 2, set up home delivery platform with a unicorn startup during covid lockdown 1 for groceries.
Led iniatives where we set up wheelchair Ramps across major parts of the city to make city more accessible and inclusive.
I led 5 member election manifesto committee and was also involved in formation of a private member bill in parliament to regulate social media.

Post MBA goal - short term to medium term - global impact consulting or impact investment. Gain perspectives and learnings on global impact firms.

Medium to long term - Use the learning and take up leadership position at impact consulting or investment firms back in india.

I wish to continue be in the capacity of the trustee in my NGO and contribute to its growth.

Hi hanmanjeney,

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations. My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO.

You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:

Academics – good percentile. Taking initiatives since college days demonstrates your early leadership skills.

Work Experience –Being recognized by the CEO in a year for cross entity transfer shows your excellence at the workplace. We would like to know more about the impact of your work, promotions, international exposure, etc.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – Strong volunteering work gives you an edge over others. Tell us more about your sports company, as well :)

Your career goals - Your career goals look fine as this is a logical extension of what you are doing presently and you are passionate about the same. However, we will be able to give better insights once you share your CV.

All in all sounds like you have a good profile! I would love to connect you with our CEO, Jenifer Turtschanow who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps. You can schedule a session with her directly via https://calendly.com/jenifert-aringo/gmatclub-profile-resume-review?month=2022-05 Please share your CV at jenifert@aringo.com before the meeting.

All the best. :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
NeelKD wrote:
Hi Experts,

CGPA – 7.1/10
GMAT – 730

Post MBA Goals:

Regards

Hi NeelKD hope you are doing well

Very interesting indeed! For me your startup experience and stint in financial inclusion for bottom of pyramid schemes is the highlight of your profile. I encourage you to apply for round 1 to maximize your chances for scholarships. Given your focus on social impact and entrepreneurship I also encourage you to add HEC Paris, Oxford and Cambridge on your list which I think you will be a good fit for. INSEAD can be picky about international experience.

INSEAD of late has not been giving much weightage to post MBA goals question (they also reduced the word limit to a sharp 100 words) as the school is quite accepting of the fact that plans can evolve over the course of intense INSEAD program. Showcasing your long term vision through motivational essays would help tie the narrative together. If you are targeting entrepreneurship in the long term be specific about the problems you have seen through your work and elaborate on what do you wish to do about these problems as a leader and eventually an entrepreneur. It is best that you dive deeper into skills that you expect to learn in the mid term, which would help you to solve a larger problem in the long term(your long term vision). Diversity and community initiatives are big at these schools therefore make sure you have plethora of examples to demonstrate a well rounded profile.

For the US schools, a 730 may not cut it. If you wish to seek guidance on how to put together a compelling application to balance your GMAT as an Indian applicant do reach out.

Warm regards
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
hanmanjeney wrote:
Hello folks,

Hello hanmanjeney hope you are doing well

With a background spread across entrepreneurship, strategy consulting and philanthropy, yours is what I would call a classic top-tier kind of pre-MBA profile. But at the same time you must also understand and that you would be competing with similar high performing profiles who may have a better GMAT score in addition to a top tier consulting or entrepreneurial or VC experience. Therefore, you need to put forth a really strong leadership narrative going into the depths of your work in your essays and convey your operational expertise as well as ability to generate large scale impact.

Honestly, you have a great profile, but you may want to consider a GMAT re-take for better prospects.

Warm regards
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, hanmanjeney,

Thank you for your post!

First, I would like to say you have a decent GMAT score and a good amount of relevant work experience. Moreover, you did well adding more about your academic statistics to back your profile. Additionally, I suggest adding any relevant certifications or certified courses to add extra points to your profile. Coming to your work experience, you did a fine job mentioning each aspect of your work experience. Your accomplishments highlight your leadership and problem-solving quality of yours. Think critically about yourself, and you should be able to show growth in your apps. Moreover, also add additional characteristics of teamwork, selfless nature, and a sense of social justice.

In addition, I would also like you to add some specific ECAs; however, your initiatives are proof enough of your social service. It isn't enough to describe what you did in your essay. You want to demonstrate why you did this and why it was important to you. Now, all you need to do is mention the challenges faced, the leadership roles you had to play, and the relevant skills developed to bank upon experience! Moreover, your experience as a founder and entrepreneur will come in handy in your B-school essays as well as your interviews and will help you start an interesting conversation with the AdComs. Furthermore, you do have a realistic & relevant post-MBA goal and did well defining your short-term, medium-term, and long-term goals by linking them to your past experiences. It's good to know that you want to take your NGO ahead.

All in all, you do have a decent profile and do have a shot at Yale and other top programs like Kellogg, Fuqua, Kelly, and Tepper. Moreover, applying in early rounds could definitely help secure a spot in the top 10 US B-Schools. For your reference, I would suggest you read, How to strengthen your MBA application for Round 1 MBA? you will get some beneficial insights. You are a relevant applicant with a robust profile and have a good chance at the top MBA program. What will matter in your profile is how you connect the dots and create a strong narrative. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further help you with your profile-building strategy; feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

How to craft an Admit winning M7 profile

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

hanmanjeney wrote:
Hello folks,

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41 (Online)
GPA: 3.06
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hello,

I hope you are doing well.

My name is Navneet Kumar and I am planning to apply in various 1/2 year FT-MBA (Domestic and International) courses this year, for classes starting in 2023.

I am 36 and have a total experience of 14 years. I have worked in a steelmaking PSU for last 12 years in mid-level production and planning roles. Prior to this, I worked in IT and Education sectors for 22 months and 4 months respectively.

I am looking forward to expand my career advancement opportunities and gain a deeper management perspective through exploring various opportunities in Consulting, General Management and Operations Management roles, which will provide me with the managerial experience and impetus required for senior management roles in future. Also, l look forward to hone my leadership and personnel management skills to further help me improve the managerial aspect of my so far technical dominated career.

My GMAT score is 760. I haven’t taken an English proficiency yet but will do if required by my target schools or if VISA authorities require me to.

EDUCATION
Kendriya Vidyalaya, Pusa - 10th (2001), 88.8%
DAV JVM Shyamali, Ranchi- 12th (2003), 66.8%
BIT Sindri - B.Sc. Engineering - Metallurgical Engineering (2003-2007), 70.22%(Distinction)(Top 30%)

I volunteer at a special school for differently abled children and an orphanage for underprivileged kids. My hobbies are photography, astronomy, gardening, driving and reading books.

I request you to please review my profile and tell me what are my chances for admission.

Regards,
Navneet
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderator:
Yale and Darden Moderator
74 posts