Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ooops! Thats a painful day for all the GT applicants!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yea, I think an erroneous admit would have been the worst.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I actually read about this mistake on Bweek boards before I opened that waitlist email, which was a good thing. Would have been pissed otherwise.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
What a bunch of clowns.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek wrote:
What a bunch of clowns.

Agree, I have not been impressed with the GTown adcomm during this application season - too many little miscues for my liking.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Back in jhs, we had to take a test to gain entrance to specialized high schools. Scores were posted alongside the test taker's respective ss#. A friend of mine scored high enough to get into the second best of three schools. I was happy for him but a bit surprised b/c he wasn't the "brightest" kid and he scored higher than a few others I knew who were clearly smarter than him.

Turns out, the admissions counselor posted the wrong score for him and he was not admitted to any of the three schools. He and his family were devastated.

It's not exactly life or death for the applicant (most of the time), but it's certainly not rocket science for admissions people.

Originally posted by kidderek on 09 Mar 2007, 08:05.
Last edited by kidderek on 09 Mar 2007, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I applied to Gtown and have not been impressed thus far. The wait list mistake was excusable because everyone/institution makes mistakes, but the few encounters that I have had with their staff have been disappointing. I stopped by a table to talk to an ad-com at an MBA tour and she was short and rude with me. Also, every time I call them I get short responses and they rush me off the phone. The Georgetown name carries a lot of weight, but my guess is that the program is not ready yet. Maybe I'm wrong?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
<Deleted>

Originally posted by imjimmy on 09 Mar 2007, 16:18.
Last edited by imjimmy on 09 Mar 2007, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
typicalgmatter wrote:
I applied to Gtown and have not been impressed thus far. The wait list mistake was excusable because everyone/institution makes mistakes, but the few encounters that I have had with their staff have been disappointing. I stopped by a table to talk to an ad-com at an MBA tour and she was short and rude with me. Also, every time I call them I get short responses and they rush me off the phone. The Georgetown name carries a lot of weight, but my guess is that the program is not ready yet. Maybe I'm wrong?

Yeah, I got the same vibe from GTown. Another thing that irked me was that I requested a viewbook THREE separate times, yet never received one. I also noticed two spelling errors in the online application which really isn't that big of a deal, but in combination with everything else just made me view GTown in a negative light.

Originally posted by eazyb81 on 09 Mar 2007, 17:28.
Last edited by eazyb81 on 09 Mar 2007, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
eazyb81 wrote:
typicalgmatter wrote:

Yeah, I got the same vibe from GTown. Another think that irked me was that I requested a viewbook THREE separate times, yet never received one. I also noticed two spelling errors in the online application which really isn't that big of a deal, but in combination with everything else just made me view GTown in a negative light.

I had the same experience. The woman (later on I knew she is director of admission at GT) was very lazy at the MBA tour. When I asked her something, she was truly very rude and short, and even implied that I was not qualified to apply to GT, so forget it and apply to some state schools instead.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]