Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
GMAT 1: 550 Q40 V30
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5135 [1]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: People stuck at 710. I stuck in 550. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi dhilavikash,

I'm sorry to hear that you're currently stuck at this particular Score level. It's possible that you developed some 'bad habits' during your earlier studies that are keeping you from scoring higher. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied in total? Over the last 2 months, how many hours have you typically studied each week?
2) What study materials have you used over the course of ALL of your studies? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 116 [1]
Given Kudos: 218
Send PM
Kudos
Dear dhilavikash,
your quant score is pretty strong, signifying that you already has achieved some progress.
Pursuant to the Verbal part, I also have tried several top platforms, yet I could not make any progress.
My verbal score was constant around 19. Perhaps the main issue is that the approach of those platforms does not work for me.

At the beginning of this year I have started to employ TTP planform to improve Verbal part because I already have made a progress utilizing TTP Math module, and thus I decided to try its Verbal module.

I have not completed the Verbal model yet, but what do I say is its Study Plan not only covers all general material but also provides step by step guide to cement the knowledge. Furthermore, I have found answers to some SC questions that were not disclosed in the Manhattan guide such as delayed subject etc.

You can check if its approach is suitable for you by starting the free trail; if I remember correct the duration of the trail is about 1 week.
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
dhilavikash wrote:
Today on 20 may 2022, I took mba.com official mock 1. I scored Q48 V18. Same score I got when took from global expert nearly 2 months back. There is hardly any improvement. Though I worked hard. I don't know why I stuck in the same range. Where my all efforts gone. I took coaching from top one percent by Sandeep Gupta. Use his study materials only.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi dhilavikash

The key to scoring well on GMAT is to focusing on the right aspects. First let us understand the right way to prepare for GMAT.

How to prepare for GMAT in the right way?

Before you start preparing for any test, it's important to understand the structure of the test, what is tested on it and then prepare accordingly. In this case, GMAT is a test which focuses on your application skills along with the conceptual knowledge. So, just learning the concepts and practicing questions without focusing on the right methodology will not do any good. So, I suggest you to first focus on the methodology to solve questions of a particular topic and only then move to practicing questions of that topic.

So, the right way to prepare would be to first

• learn the concepts of a topic,
  • learn the right methodology to solve questions of that topic
  • practice a few questions of that topic to solidify your learning and then move to the nest topic
  • Repeat the process for all the topics

And working on weak areas is equally important. You move to the next topic only if you get a decent accuracy in the previous topic. If not, you revisit the concepts, fill the conceptual gaps and then move to the next topic only when you are 100% confident. There are a couple of articles which you might find helpful.

How to effectively plan your studies for GMAT

How to score 700+ on GMAT

How to start preparing for GMAT

And you can go through the recording below to understand how to strategize your GMAT prep in an effective way.

What might have gone wrong?

As we have understood the right way to prepare, now let's analyze what could have gone wrong. You must have learnt the concepts of the topics and you must have practiced questions as well. But did you focus on the methodology part? Did you focus on working your weak areas?

These two could be the major reasons for you not scoring well on GMAT. So, now, make sure you do your prep in the right way by focusing on all the above parameters. And regarding the resource, choose a standard resource which can help you with not only the concepts, but the methodology as well. And the questions to practice and their detailed solutions are equally important as the solutions help you understand where exactly you are making the mistake. And a study plan would be an added advantage as you will have clear deadlines.

You can check out the free trial of GMATWhiz online course if you are looking for one.

And regarding how to proceed further and the study strategy, I think it would be better if we can get in touch over a call and discuss the same as I would like to ask a few questions about your current preparation strategy and your weak areas. You can use the below link to get in touch with me.
Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Bot