Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4097 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Evaluation of a PE lawyer's profile aiming for top MBA programs [#permalink]
congratulations for your gmat score , you do seem to have a great profile and fit for INSEAD and other schools you mentioned of..
wish you the best for your applications..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Evaluation of a PE lawyer's profile aiming for top MBA programs [#permalink]
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Oh and INSEAD is in France - did you mean London business school?

Posted from my mobile device

Sorry, I meant INSEAD in France, of course!

Thank you so much for your evaluation!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
PELawyer, a few thoughts and queries on your profile.

The academic arc looks promising but tough to put a more exact sense on without specific details. While your alma mater may be top in your country, what will also be important to understand is if it's been a feeder to top schools in the past? Also, did you do a PhD in your country and then a master's from the US?

Lawyers are under-represented at top schools which can both be an advantage or otherwise, depending on how you translate your work. What's the nature of your startup? Also, do you only have 2 years of post-qualification experience or all of the 7 years as CEO is after your education? Schools typically count your experience after all full-time education.

Do double check on the minority aspect as the definition can be quite narrow.

Feel free to reach out with more details and further discussion.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
PELawyer wrote:
Dear All.

I have been working as a PE lawyer in a large international law firm in Europe for two years. For various reasons, I would like to do an MBA at one of the top business schools in the US (Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Columbia, Chicago) or UK (INSEAD).

How would you evaluate my chances against the following profile:

- Bachelor of Laws and Master of laws each in the top 10% of my cohort (at one of the best law schools in my country)

- Ph.D. at my national law school with "magna cum laude"

- Master of laws at a top 10 law school in the USA; successfully took the NY bar exam, admitted to the NY bar as attorney

Professional experience: PE lawyer in an international, worldwide leading law firm in Europe for more than two years

GMAT: 750 (V47/Q47)

I founded my own successful company 7 years ago, of which I am still the CEO.

Other: member of a minority, first in my family to attend school/university

Many thanks in advance!

Hello PELawyer,

You have a strong academic background but your post lacks specific details about your professional achievements and career goals.

That said, you definitely have a unique profile and the same will prove to be advantageous provided you are able to weave a compelling narrative pertaining to your need for MBA and what after that.

The quant score is a bit on the lower side. So, if the possibility of taking it up exists, do try and explore the same as a higher score will definitely do you good.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot