Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:15 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72856 [157]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72856 [0]
Send PM
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1046 [1]
Given Kudos: 630
Schools: Ross '25 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [1]
Given Kudos: 1203
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V2.0- Update! [#permalink]
Kudos
I think I have attempted all questions. It would be great if I could just randomize the questions from my bookmarks (previously attempted or not).

TTP has a great way of building tests from bookmarked questions in their platform, however I want to focus on OG questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
I have just used the free version of this test and I liked it. Is there an estimate of how many questions are there in this database? I would love to take a subscription.
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1046 [1]
Given Kudos: 630
Schools: Ross '25 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
kvakhil wrote:
I have just used the free version of this test and I liked it. Is there an estimate of how many questions are there in this database? I would love to take a subscription.

GMATClub's question bank is endless. About >20,000 SC questions and even more PS questions. Be assured you will never run out of questions here. But beware, official questions have a cap. So, exercise caution while practicing OG questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
bb

Sir..

Appreciate the effort that must have gone in..to bring out the new features in the Forum Quiz..!!

Is it possible to carry out a Review of the Forum Quiz attempted without moving 'individually' to all the questions through Error Log?

If possible, an appropriate tab on the Forum Quiz Dashboard for 'Cumulative Review' of all the attempted questions (in the particular Forum Quiz) in a sequential manner should be added..There should not be a requirement to visit 'Error Log' page everytime for reviewing every attempted question..

Please guide..

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 628
Send PM
Hey bb

While setting up the parameters for my quiz, in the Sources, even though I put a filter on "All Official excluding GMAT Prep", it still brings up GMAT Prep questions in the quiz. I believe this is due to multiple tags that a question has ('GMAT Prep' is a tag along with the other 'Official' tags).

Is there any way to get this fixed?
Brings about a lot of common questions during the official mocks and I feel that prevents me from assessing my capabilities perfectly (I fortunately/unfortunately have a pretty decent memory when it comes to the harder questions)

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [2]
Given Kudos: 738
WE:Account Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi bb

I must say that the GMATClub Forum Quiz has been really helpful to me. Honestly, I needed exactly this, solving questions of my choice (areas that need focus and more practice) on the basis of sections, difficulty levels, sources, sub-topics, previous unattempts, etc, and solving all with a time limit, without keeping a tab of multiple windows as I used to do until now.

However, there are a few areas where I feel it can be improved. Sharing my two cents below:

1. The MBA Spotlight floating icon on the right side of the screen is really annoying, as it hides the text behind it and often requires scrolling up and down in order to read the question. Can it not be removed?

2. Currently the Timer starts from 0 and ticks forward until the set time limit, unlike the timer in the real GMAT exam that starts backward as in the countdown timer and shows the time-left. It will make much sense to show the time limit for obvious reasons that it would make us feel the pressure of running time. I am really curious why the GMATClub has not copied this from the official GMAT interface yet, there must have been a reason for using the forward timer.

3. RC questions make the entire Quiz messy. It will be great to have a real GMAT like format, in which questions move to the next screen instead of scrolling down within the same question number. (I do understand the tech-development challenges as currently the question link is pulled in from the source-thread where the original question is posted, and where it has the RC questions "nested under one-thread". But, this one more development will be a game changer for GMATClub Quiz Forum, as it would be just as practicing a sectional test as in the real GMAT exam.)

4. The error log doesn't show the even the "overall" time-taken for RC questions. I understand that individual questions' time-taken might not be possible at the moment, as RC questions are all nested under 1 question. However, the overall time taken for the entire passage can be shown against one of the questions, say first-question, of the RC.

5. When selecting multiple questions from multiple sections for the Quiz, if RC is selected, we have no clue how many questions the RC passage will contain. It may contain only 1 question or 10 questions, for instance, making difficult for us to estimate what time limit to be set as per the simple logic of 1.8 minutes per question in case of Verbal section. I am not sure how this can be solved in the current format of the Forum Quiz, but it is a good problem to fix for the GMATClub product team.

6. Possible to have a feature, an option, to 'expand' the view to full-screen, just like the real GMAT exam? I know it is a too much of an ask!

7. In the error-log of Quiz Forum Questions, can there be any "tag", or something, that distinguishes the a particular forum-quiz practice from the other quizzes or indepedently solved questions. May be, in the beginning of the Quiz, a test-taker can be asked to give a name to the Quiz and the same can be displayed against the questions in the error log. Infact, a user can filter out the log of a particular Quiz. Currently, the question list in the error log looks a bit messy as there is no clear distinction of forum quiz questions. The similar feature exists in the GMATClub CAT Tests, which is amazing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 640 Q51 V16
Send PM
How can we check the final score of GMAT FORUM QUIZ ?
TIA
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 167
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38 (Online)
Send PM
bb,

I have a suggestion.

Could you please add "attempted 3 + months ago" filter (AndrewN 's original suggestion)?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72856 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
MissBong wrote:
bb,

I have a suggestion.

Could you please add "attempted 3 + months ago" filter (AndrewN 's original suggestion)?

Thank you. We are working on finishing updates to GMAT Club Tests as well as Chat and close to be done with those. We can then switch attention back to the quiz but that’s likely will only happen in a month or two. Sorry. Just the reality of work flow 😢

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 271
Send PM
Kudos
bb How can I randomize the order of the questions? (So I can get mixed question types SC/RC/CR during the quiz)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72856 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
JJDa wrote:
bb How can I randomize the order of the questions? (So I can get mixed question types SC/RC/CR during the quiz)

Hi. You know, I thought we had the randomization turned on but I see that questions are coming in a row of the same type.
I will have to find out what it will take to add the random feature since it definitely makes sense.

-BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 167
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi bb.

I am facing an issue in the Forum Quiz.

In spite of selecting "All official questions excluding GMAT Prep" while attempting questions, I still got 2 GMAT Prep questions.

Please help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi GC team,
I want to practice along with my virtual study buddy but GC forum quiz doesn't have any way/feature through which we both can practice same question at the same time , then share our scores and then discuss same question virtually.
In other words , it would be better if we can create a quiz and share a code with my virtual study buddy so that he can also participate in the same quiz and then afterwards we can discuss our approach to various questions and mistakes while solving the quiz questions

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thx. It is an interesting idea… we will have to think about it. 😇 it was an original feature. But sharing a screen is the only option right now 😬😢

CaptVarun wrote:
Hi GC team,
I want to practice along with my virtual study buddy but GC forum quiz doesn't have any way/feature through which we both can practice same question at the same time , then share our scores and then discuss same question virtually.
In other words , it would be better if we can create a quiz and share a code with my virtual study buddy so that he can also participate in the same quiz and then afterwards we can discuss our approach to various questions and mistakes while solving the quiz questions

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V36
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi bb

I want to practice 10 SC, 10 CR and 1 RC passage. But when I select 1 RC passage, only 1 question from the entire passage pops up. I understand the idea that a whole passage is treated as one question, but I want to attempt 1 RC passage and ALL the questions that come along with it. Please suggest me a how we can do that in the current interface.

Overall, I am really like the Forum Quiz V2 and would like to thank you for adding this useful product to this forum.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
SuryaGanguly wrote:
Hi bb

I want to practice 10 SC, 10 CR and 1 RC passage. But when I select 1 RC passage, only 1 question from the entire passage pops up. I understand the idea that a whole passage is treated as one question, but I want to attempt 1 RC passage and ALL the questions that come along with it. Please suggest me a how we can do that in the current interface.

Overall, I am really like the Forum Quiz V2 and would like to thank you for adding this useful product to this forum.

Hi and Thank you for the comment and suggestion.
With RC, you should get ALL questions on the screen. Please see a screenshot below. It is possible that the RC you picked had only 1 question OR perhaps the scroll was not visible?
Attachments

RC.png
RC.png [ 330.69 KiB | Viewed 1400 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hi bb

I think I had answered one of the other question earlier so that particular question didn't show up this time. I will try the tool again and if I have some further queries will reach out to this part of the forum again. Thanks a lot for the quick response!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi bb

I found out that when we are taking up the quiz if we simply press "NEXT", that particular question gets skipped. I feel we should restrict this behavior since in the actual GMAT we must enter some choice in order for the next question to come up. I was a bit careless today and ended up double clicking the NEXT button. As a result 2 questions got skipped.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Surya
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  21