Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.46
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [0]
Given Kudos: 413
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Profile evaluation/school suggestion request [#permalink]
AdityaKumar75 wrote:
Hi Team,

I would really appreciate if you could take a look at my profile and give feedback.

Introduction:-
Aditya Kumar, Indian Male (26) with 5+ years of work exp in petrochemical industry in sustainability domain.

Targeting 2023 Sep Intake

Education :-
Class X GPA 10/10
Class XII 93%
B Tech from IIT Kharagpur GPA 8.25/10
Majors in Mechanical Engineering and Minors in Economics

GMAT :- 700 Q49 V35 (planning to retake , target 720-740)

College Experience :-
Changed my stream from Mining to Mechanical engineering at the end of first year based on extra-ordinary academic performance.
Honorary award after graduation from IIT Kharagpur for Social and Cultural achievement in college, won several medals for drama and theatre performances.
Led case study and ad-design team of college to win medals in internal and external competitions

Work experience:-
I am working in ExxonMobil, one of world's largest energy companies. I have worked in different functions and geographies in the last 5 years.
- 2017-2018 worked in supply chain as EMEAF(Europe, Middle east and Africa) Logistics and Distribution analyst
optimizing costs and improving quality and performance. Did 2 month assignment in Brussels, Europe headquarters working with senior management to develop the corporate plan of >100M$
- 2018-2019 worked in supply chain as Global Sales and Operations Analyst
focusing on inventory management and sustainable and efficient supply chain models. Did 2 month assignment in Singapore, Asia Pacific headquarters working with global leaders of the company
- 2019-2021 moved from supply Chain to market development as Project Manager
developed sustainable packaging solutions for construction industry in India, creating light weight industrial bags reducing >10,000 Tons of plastic waste and creating sustainable business for all value chain partners
-2021- present promoted to South Asia Marketing Manager
Developed circular business models promoting recyclable solutions with major global companies like P&G, Kimberly Clark, HUL, Becton Dickinson, BBraun etc
Managing a cross functional(sales, marketing and technology )and cross regional (India, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia) team for the last 1 year

Post MBA goal :-
I wish to continue working in the field of sustainability, but broaden the scope and impact of my work. I want to work in geographies like UK, US and Europe where focus on sustainability, carbon neutrality and clean energy is fast paced and aggressive. I want to gain more skillset other than supply chain and marketing to become a well rounded leader in this field. I will like to get connected to the right network through the college alumni working in this domain which can give me entrepreneurial mindset in this industry. To summarize, I wish to become either a corporate leader or an industry expert in the field of sustainability and I feel MBA from the right college can give me the accelerated growth required.

Advice/guidance needed :-
1. Shortlisting colleges as per my post MBA goals - factors to consider
2. What should be the ideal GMAT score for the colleges shortlisted
3. What are the things to highlight for impactful essays and LORs
4. Applying in R2 vs R1 (if the GMAT score doesn't improve)

Do let me know in case any further inputs are needed.

Looking forward to your response and appreciate you taking time out for this.

Thank you!

Hi AdityaKumar75 hope this finds you well

Your profile is a breath of fresh air in what seems like a pool of analogous Indian applicants. :)
I see several things working well for you bust most importantly the strong academic pedigree (IIT) and a differentiated and global background across Supply chain, sales and marketing in ExxonMobil which happens to be a feeder brand at Top B schools in the EU and US

To answer your questions specifically
1. Shortlisting colleges as per my post-MBA goals - factors to consider

Consider where would you want to work in the short to mid-term (5-10 years) - the US or Europe or Asia.
Consider what is more important to you - the geography or the brand of the MBA program.
If you are geography agnostic, I suggest applying to a good mix of top schools from both Europe and the US

Since you are from the energy sector, I suggest you also look at industry-specific leadership development programs in the short to mid-term such as the Siemens CEO Track where you would be able to leverage your prior experience in the Energy sector. Reach out to the admissions offices of schools to understand what other leadership programs from this industry recruit from their cohorts. LBS and INSEAD have some very impressive tie-ups for this pipeline. You could also consider consulting roles in the short term. Having a strong brand association in the short term would enable you to break barriers and enter sustainability domain as an entrepreneur faster.

2. What should be the ideal GMAT score for the colleges shortlisted

730+ for LBS, INSEAD, HEC Paris, and others in Europe. About 740+ for the top 15 in the US

3. What are the things to highlight for impactful essays and LORs

a. A strong career trajectory and promise of a great future even without an MBA
b. Engaging personal story, interesting personality with an open mindset, and willingness to contribute to the community
c. Strong LORs. If you can corroborate that managers, especially those based in the same geography where you want to work, would like to bring you back to the organizations after your MBA, that shows high employability

4. Applying in R2 vs R1 (if the GMAT score doesn't improve)

Given you have a differentiated profile, I think with the European schools you could delay until R2. But for the top 10-15 US schools, suggest you to get a great score sooner than later.

Also a caveat for the US schools - Entrepreneurship goals in sustainability in the short/mid term may not go well because of the visa sponsorship issues. Therefore tread cautiously.

Best wishes
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.46
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation/school suggestion request [#permalink]
Thanks for the valuable insights !!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile evaluation/school suggestion request [#permalink]