Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: South East Asian Female, GMAT 720 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi, Grace1994,

Thank you for your post!

First, I would like to say you have quite a good journey from graduating with psychology honors to working in MBB and scoring a stellar 720 on your GMAT. That's quite inspiring and highlights how good you are with numbers being a major in psychology. Coming to your GPA, again, a strong point! However, I suggest you add more to your statistics during your graduation and try to add any additional courses, certifications, and academic accolades won.

About your work experience, it's a bit brief! You need to add more about your roles & responsibilities and back them up with substantial examples of excellence in the field, decision-making, and analytical skills in your tenure. Moreover, you would also need to add a relevant post-MBA goal linking your past experiences, making them Collinear in a manner, and also add all about any international experience/exposure as they are greatly valued at this stage, and the difference in culture and work environment gives new horizons to explore in front of the adcom!

Coming to ECAs, you need to add some more relevant volunteering, community work, and even some hobbies will do. Mention your contribution, the challenges faced, leadership roles played, the impact generated, and the relevant skills developed through your ECAs to bank upon them! Also, being a startup founder, you could definitely engage the adcom in some entrepreneurship experience, challenges, and skills and elaborate a bit on the overall experience because that's what they are actually after!

Overall, you have an academically strong profile on the surface. If you could be just clear on how an MBA can help you reach your goals and mention your motivation/driving force, your aspirations, and finally, why you think it's a good choice for you to go for an MBA now and you have relevant skills to be successful, it would boost your overall chances. The HWS trio could be a stretch for anybody, so as a safety net, I suggest you add schools like CBS, Kellogg, and Booth to your list. About the retake, I would love to know more about your profile so that we could fill out the 5-10 points gap with some positive instances and stellar leadership examples to try and build a lot on it! If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further help you with shortlisting MBA programs; feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Let's prepare a 2-month action plan for Round 1

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

Grace1994 wrote:
Hello!
I would love some opinions on my profile

Ethnicity- south East Asian female

Work experience- MBB consultant for ~4.5 years, have worked on few high profile cases

Education background- local university, bachelor of Hons in psychology, GPA 3.9

Leadership - involved in multiple mentorship program, pro Bono consulting for social impact, active in leadership in university

Other good to know: co-founder of a startup (stealth mode)

GMAT 720, Q48, V40, IR8

I’m worried about my GMAT score not being good enough and it will penalise my applications. My dream is HSW. I’m aiming for Round 1. Should I retake the GMAT or just take a chance and apply?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: South East Asian Female, GMAT 720 [#permalink]