Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [15]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Send PM
Re: MS Finance Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
aaryanag12 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I am currently pursuing my MiF at ESSEC in the 2 year program and would like to drop out at the end of the year to pursue my masters in finance at another school pref (US and UK).

Background and nationality: Born in India but naturalised german citizen
Undergrad: ESCP Business School (GPA 3.8/4)
GMAT: 670 current but expected 720+
Work ex: McKinsey Business Analyst Intern, Incoming PwC consulting intern, Axis Capital Equity research
Clubs: Finance society member and VP of Model UN
Post Masters goals: I would like to break into PE and Asset Management
Bonus: Speak 6 languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Hindi, Gujarati)

Current aimed at programs:
LBS MFA
LSE MiF
HEC MiF
INSEAD MiM
MIT MiF

Hi aaryanag12,
From your "naturalised citizenship" part I assume you have stayed there long enough, and maybe also have had chances at greater exposure.
Internships are excellent
Am quite happy with your career goals as well, though that would need some work to articulate better.
I don't see any mention of Extra Curriculars, or leadership through College activities, though I feel you have some already.

Feel free to connect for a free one to one session to discuss your profile, and ask any questions directly.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: MS Finance Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
michailmuc22 wrote:
Hi people, im currently preparing applications for several finance programs and would appreciate some feedback on my profile :)

- Background and nationality: half German half Greek, 20 years old
- Undergrad Information: currently first class / 4.0 GPA (according to official gmat page grade conversion) at German target uni majoring in finance and computer science
- GMAT: 710 but will retry as I scored 770 in my mocks and aiming for 750
- Work experience: a startup internship, consulting internships with two MBB firms and a German financial services consultancy
- Community and others: co-founded a website aiming to help high school students that are interested in business and looking at a career in the field, also organising and moderating webinars with this project (non profit and free to everyone)
- post master goals: consulting, PE or quant research but also keeping an eye at a finance PhD
- Anything else: my main insecurity is the fact that I am not yet fully committed to either full finance or consulting as you can also tell from my post masters goals. Do you think the unis will weigh this as a major factor? Also currently looking for / applying to PE and quant research internships for spring '23

Programs (Summer 23 intake):
- Oxford MFE
- MIT MFin
- Cambridge MPhil Finance
- HEC Finance
- LSE either finance or PE master

Glad for any evaluation :)

Hey michailmuc22,

Your profile looks brilliant. 4 GPA is an excellent score; adding to that; your work experience is just like the icing on the cake. Though your GMAT score is acceptable at many universities still a good decision from your end that you are planning to appear for the GMAT again because this can increase your opportunities of getting admission into your dream universities.

Let me give you an overview of the eligibility criteria for MFE in Oxford:
    You must have a 2.1 (3.5 GPA), or it's equivalent.
    A GMAT/GRE score is required to submit your application. The quantitative scores should be in the 85th percentile, the verbal scores in the 80th percentile, and the analytical writing score should be at least 5.
    You must take the TOEFL or IELTS test if you are not from an English-speaking country.
Now here are the eligibility criteria for pursuing MFin at MIT:
To apply for this programme,
    students must have a bachelor's degree (3 or 4 years) in relevant fields.
    Students in this programme have an average GPA of 3.9 on a 5.0 scale.
    Students with any bachelor's degree are welcome to apply. Still, most students come from computer science, economics, engineering (various), finance, management, math, operations research, statistics, etc.
    Although work experience is not required, many students have an average of 15 months.
    Students whose first language is not English must take the IELTS or TOEFL exams before applying.
    This programme requires a TOEFL score of 90 out of 120.
    GMAT scores between 700 and 770 are accepted.
Let's look at MPhil at Cambridge:
    Students must hold a UK bachelor's honours degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
    To be eligible for this programme, you must have a GPA of at least 3.0/4.33 (B grade) in your last two years of study.
    Cambridge CAE or C1 Advanced-Grade A or B (with at least 193 in each element) plus a language centre assessment.
    Cambridge English Certificate of Proficiency (CPE) or C2 Proficiency-Grade A, B, or C (with at least 200 in each element).
    To be admitted to this programme, students must be IELTS or TOEFL and PTE qualified.
Even the rest of the universities you mentioned have almost the same eligibility criteria, and your profile has a good chance of making it into any of these universities.

If you want to know which school is a better fit for you or get a detailed analysis of your profile, get in touch with our study abroad experts.

We have helped over 5000 students get admit into their dream schools.
If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience

You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this FREE call, you will be getting:

a)Deep Profile Evaluation: Strengths and Weaknesses

b)Ideal Target Schools for your Profile

c) Timeline for your Applications

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM Essay

97% Success Rate| 5000+ Admits in Top Schools| 5 Million Euros in Scholarships
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
aaryanag12 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I am currently pursuing my MiF at ESSEC in the 2 year program and would like to drop out at the end of the year to pursue my masters in finance at another school pref (US and UK).

Background and nationality: Born in India but naturalised german citizen
Undergrad: ESCP Business School (GPA 3.8/4)
GMAT: 670 current but expected 720+
Work ex: McKinsey Business Analyst Intern, Incoming PwC consulting intern, Axis Capital Equity research
Clubs: Finance society member and VP of Model UN
Post Masters goals: I would like to break into PE and Asset Management
Bonus: Speak 6 languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Hindi, Gujarati)

Current aimed at programs:
LBS MFA
LSE MiF
HEC MiF
INSEAD MiM
MIT MiF

Hey aryanag12

Your profile looks good; with a 3.8 GPA, you are all set to make it into any top B-school on this planet. Though your GMAT score is a little lower since you are about to sit for the exam again, I wish you all the best and may you score more than what you expected in the GMAT exam.

As far as I believe, looking at your profile, I would suggest you go for a MIF at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) in the US; since you have mentioned you want to pursue MIF, MIT is just perfect for you; let me give you an overview of the eligibility criteria for MIF at MIT:
    Excellent written and spoken English (TOEFL – 90 iBT /IELTS 6.5 or equivalent)
    Transcripts
    GRE
    GMAT (710-750)
Now let me list down the documents required list to make your work easy and feasible:
    Online application form
    Resume
    TOEFL, IELTS
    GMAT or GRE
    All official Transcripts
    Three letters of recommendation (academic, professional, either, or both)
    Short answer questions
    2 Video questions
    Non-refundable application fee of $150.00

Your extracurricular activities are just the icing on the cake; mention everything about it in your Essay. Plus, if you can score 720+ in your GMAT exams, then I believe there is no stopping you.

If you want to know which school is a better fit for you or get a detailed analysis of your profile, get in touch with our study abroad experts.

If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience
You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this FREE call, you will be getting:

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
svat13 wrote:
Hello,

- Background and nationality: Indian Female, 24 years old

- Undergrad Information: BCom from University of Mumbai (CGPA : 6.65/7.00)

- GMAT: aiming for 700+ (will give in a month)

- Work experience: 3 years in Statutory audit. Currently working as an Equity Research Analyst in a startup.

- Community and others: Volunteered at National Association for the Blind, Rotaract club of Bombay and currently student mentor at The Lighthouse Project

- Extracurriculars: 3 years dance at Terrence Lewis Academy, Captain of school and college throwball teams, also represented my school in basketball and handball. Committee member of college festivals.

- post master goals: consulting or IB

- Anything else: I am looking to make a career transition from accounting and auditing. My main insecurity is the fact that I will already have 4 years work ex in total by the Sept 2023 intake. Also, I am not yet fully committed to either full finance or consulting as you can also tell from my post masters goals. Do you think the unis will weigh these two as major factors?
I am also an ACCA, UK student. Have completed 2 groups of the same.

Programs (Sept'23 intake):
- LSE Msc Management & Stratergy (1st choice)
- LSE Msc Finance
- Oxford MFE
- MIT MFin
- Cambridge MFin
- Imperial Msc Finance
- UCL Msc Finance

Any kind of profile evaluation would be really helpful.

Hey svat13

Your profile looks brilliant, and you are all set to get admission into any of the B-schools mentioned above abroad. Your GMAT score expectation is low but works and is acceptable in most top-tier abroad universities. Though your CGPA is on the higher side, your work experience is all set to cover it for you.

I think MFE at Oxford will be the best option for you. However, to clear out all your doubts regarding the eligibility criteria for MFE, here let me simplify it for you:
    You must have a 2.1 (3.5 GPA) or equivalent.
    A GMAT/GRE score is required to submit your application. The quantitative scores should be in the 85th percentile, the verbal scores in the 80th percentile, and the analytical writing score should be at least 5.
    You must take the TOEFL or IELTS test if you are not from an English-speaking country.
Here is the list of documents that you will require:
    Transcripts of your previous institution
    An official copy of your degree certificate
    Online application form
    500-word Personal Statement
    GMAT/GRE score
    One page CV
    2 Letters of Recommendations; one academic & one professional
    IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge CPE, CAE or PTE Academic score (for some international students)
    Application fee 125 USD, nonrefundable but can be waivered.
Your extracurricular activities are the cherry on top; include details about them in your essay. Plus, if you can score 720+ on your GMAT exams, I don't see how you can fail.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this call, you will be getting:

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MS Finance Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello,

Background and nationality: 22 year male, Spanish

Undergrad: Bachelor in Law and Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA). My GPA is on the low end (6,954/10). I did not know the importance of grades when I started university. I have good grades in relevant courses, such as econometrics, if that matters. I studied for one year at a university in the UK as part of the Erasmus programme.

Gmat: 700 (Q47 V39 IR8)

Work experience: Commercial banking summer internship. There is a 90% chance I will do a PwC audit intership next year but unfortunately that will not appear in my resume when I apply.

Extracurriculars: I played in american football first division in Spain throughout the entirety of my degree.

Target schools: My target school is RSM but i want to know which other schools should/could I target with my profile.

Edit: I have been accepted to the MSc Finance and Investments at RSM

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by elseco on 02 Oct 2022, 05:14.
Last edited by elseco on 28 Oct 2022, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
Admission Consultant
Send PM
elseco wrote:
Hello,

Background and nationality: 22 year male, Spanish

Undergrad: Bachelor in Law and Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA). My GPA is on the low end (6,954/10). I did not know the importance of grades when I started university. I have good grades in relevant courses, such as econometrics, if that matters. I studied for one year at a university in the UK as part of the Erasmus programme.

Gmat: 700 (Q47 V39 IR8)

Work experience: Commercial banking summer internship. There is a 90% chance I will do a PwC audit intership next year but unfortunately that will not appear in my resume when I apply.

Extracurriculars: I played in american football first division in Spain throughout the entirety of my degree.

Target schools: My target school is RSM but i want to know which other schools should/could I target with my profile.

Thanks in advance.

Hi elseco,
Assuming your performance at work was mediocre, and your grades went up over the years, your profile on an average seems to be decent. The EC in Football should help much in your personal achievements basket, though the low GPA is a concern.
RSM may be towards the higher side, but on a very broad range, US MSF programs 10-30 should be in your range. If your profile gets better, you may also be able to target 10-20 as well

Please ping to connect on my LinkedIn to book a 45 min FREE session to discuss your profile, and get your questions answered.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: LBS (II)
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V46
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Hey everyone, in my last year of my undergrad and currently applying to schools for MSc Fin and wondering where I stand.

Profile: 22M Canadian, ethnically Italian (maybe eligible for an Italian passport due to blood, will look into that)
Undergrad: 76.7%, 3.1GPA in a quantatative degree at a top Canadian school, Dean's List more recent academic year (pretty low, I know, I learned how to study and have a massive upwards trend hence the dean's list. Likely graduating with honours due to it being based on grades in upper 2 years)
GMAT 730 Q45 V46 (pretty bad quant score, I don't feel like retaking a 730 would be worth it considering I only scored higher than that on 1/6 of my mocks)
Private natural resources company financial analyst internship
Plan is to get into IB in London, hence only applying for euro targets

Extracurriculars:
Past president and treasurer for recreational club at my university

Target schools:
LBS MFA
LSE MiF (I don't know if I even meet the minimum GPA requirements for this one... says 77% minimum but my average is 76.7%. My school doesn't officially publish GPA)
Imperial MiF(same deal as LSE)
HEC Paris MiF
Bocconi MiF

Wondering if I should wait until my current semester ends in December to have slightly higher grades to apply for LSE and Imperial... any other schools I should add to my list? Also, although the Q45 is weak, does the V46 (99th percentile) make me stand out in any capacity?
Admission Consultant
Send PM
quackdudey wrote:
Hey everyone, in my last year of my undergrad and currently applying to schools for MSc Fin and wondering where I stand.

Profile: 22M Canadian, ethnically Italian (maybe eligible for an Italian passport due to blood, will look into that)
Undergrad: 76.7%, 3.1GPA in a quantatative degree at a top Canadian school, Dean's List more recent academic year (pretty low, I know, I learned how to study and have a massive upwards trend hence the dean's list. Likely graduating with honours due to it being based on grades in upper 2 years)
GMAT 730 Q45 V46 (pretty bad quant score, I don't feel like retaking a 730 would be worth it considering I only scored higher than that on 1/6 of my mocks)
Private natural resources company financial analyst internship
Plan is to get into IB in London, hence only applying for euro targets

Extracurriculars:
Past president and treasurer for recreational club at my university

Target schools:
LBS MFA
LSE MiF (I don't know if I even meet the minimum GPA requirements for this one... says 77% minimum but my average is 76.7%. My school doesn't officially publish GPA)
Imperial MiF(same deal as LSE)
HEC Paris MiF
Bocconi MiF

Wondering if I should wait until my current semester ends in December to have slightly higher grades to apply for LSE and Imperial... any other schools I should add to my list? Also, although the Q45 is weak, does the V46 (99th percentile) make me stand out in any capacity?

Hi quackdudey,
With your current profile, LBS & LSE could be a stretch, though, assuming your 4th year pulls you further higher, I would want to keep them in a list of aspirational schools. With a strong application, HEC you could make it to, maybe a couple others on similar levels.
As for Imperial & Bocconi, once again, strong applications with compelling stories should be able to get you admits with some scholarships as well.

Looking at your career goals, I wouldn't want to go below these, while some others like RSM etc prefer higher age in their cohorts.

Hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
MS Finance Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Hello everyone,
I'd like to request a profile evaluation - mainly for HEC Masters in finance, or other recommendations for similar programs.

Age - 25, Indian, Female
Work ex
2018-2019 - 1 year as an equity research analyst (Sell Side) at a well reputed firm, not big 4.
2019-2021 - 2 years as an equity research analyst (Buy side) at a smaller firm, associated with big 4 in terms of partnership. Moved here mainly due to exposure to Invest banking role, but slowdown on that front due to covid.
2021-2022 - working at a social impact charitable organization in fundraising, impact assessment & analysis.

3 years of corporate finance experience.
Short term goal - ideally private equity/investment banking
Long term goal - Social impact private equity.

GMAT - 730
Extra curriculars - Decent, 5+ years of volunteering at various NGOs
Undergrad - BBA w a major in finance from one of the top 10 business unis in India
GPA - 2.9/4.0 (ranked in top 20 percentile, we have a different than usual grading system)

My questions -
1) Am I too old for a masters? Specifically HEC - where the average age is 23 and average work ex is 2 years.
The main reason I am considering this is because my corp finance work ex is only 3 years.
2) Am i qualified enough for this program or is it too much of a long shot?
3) If i am qualified, can you shed some light on the reference letters? Should they both be professional since i have graduated from Undergrad 5 years ago?
OR should one of them still be from my professors and one from my last corporate finance employer?

Thank you so much for any insight i can gain!
Please let me know if any additional info is needed.

+1
Kudos

Originally posted by MGM1996 on 07 Oct 2022, 00:49.
Last edited by MGM1996 on 07 Oct 2022, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM