Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  240   
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 159
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Abeljr, same as u I too am preparing for the 24 intake. I am preparing for my GMAT through Jamboree and I am having some issues with my verbal over all would you recommend something for that it would be great
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry, I don’t have any suggestions for the verbal section. I have recently started preparing for my SC, and I am in the initial stages of the process.
To be honest, I’m also facing a problem related to SC
Because of this, I’m not the right person to answer this question.
But I’ve heard of the jamboree and my friends told me that they don’t start with the basics so I
enrolled in the eGMAT they have a meaning-based approach method which is a game changer for me so sometimes the right expert service helps a lot
Are you preparing for MiM or MBA?
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30782 [0]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
dalinderjit wrote:
hello everyone i am new to GMAT which one is better egmat or ttp i am very confused with both as they seems similar as when one should start with it

Hi dalinderjit,

Thank you for showing interest in our course. I’m sharing a couple of pointers that give you a framework to analyze the courses and help you make the right choice.

The course offerings of e-GMAT and TTP are not similar. For example, we teach our proprietary methods, such as the Meaning-Based Approach in SC, Prethinking in CR, and the 6 Process skills for Quant, and focus on building hyper-personalized study plans for our students by leveraging data from their unique learning paths.

To choose a course that fits your needs, you must evaluate following things:

(i) The Methodologies used to approach questions
(ii) The overall Learning Architecture
Can the course help you develop the right core skills, can it tell you whether you are really improving, and can it help you make necessary and timely adjustments if you get stuck?

You can do the following checks to evaluate the above:

1.Evaluate the methodology - Spend some time on the free trials, go though some sample video lessons, and experience practice questions and solutions. This will help you evaluate the methods. You can access our free trial here.

2.Evaluate the architecture – Get on a one-on-one video call with the company representatives and ask them to recommend a strategy for you and understand how you can best utilize the learning platform. This will help you visualize your overall prep journey and the support you can get. You can book a zoom call with one of our mentors here.

Finally, you can read some student reviews to understand how people in your shoes have used these courses in the past to improve. By the way, ~60% of 700+ scores reported in the GMAT Club’s review section since 2021 are by e-GMATers. You can read the reviews here.

I hope this gives you a framework to evaluate the shortlisted courses and helps you make the right decision.
-Sundeep
Intern
Intern
Send PM
egmat wrote:
Hi dalinderjit,

Thank you for showing interest in our course. I’m sharing a couple of pointers that give you a framework to analyze the courses and help you make the right choice.

The course offerings of e-GMAT and TTP are not similar. For example, we teach our proprietary methods, such as the Meaning-Based Approach in SC, Prethinking in CR, and the 6 Process skills for Quant, and focus on building hyper-personalized study plans for our students by leveraging data from their unique learning paths.

To choose a course that fits your needs, you must evaluate following things:

(i) The Methodologies used to approach questions
(ii) The overall Learning Architecture
Can the course help you develop the right core skills, can it tell you whether you are really improving, and can it help you make necessary and timely adjustments if you get stuck?

You can do the following checks to evaluate the above:

1.Evaluate the methodology - Spend some time on the free trials, go though some sample video lessons, and experience practice questions and solutions. This will help you evaluate the methods. You can access our free trial here.

2.Evaluate the architecture – Get on a one-on-one video call with the company representatives and ask them to recommend a strategy for you and understand how you can best utilize the learning platform. This will help you visualize your overall prep journey and the support you can get. You can book a zoom call with one of our mentors here.

Finally, you can read some student reviews to understand how people in your shoes have used these courses in the past to improve. By the way, ~60% of 700+ scores reported in the GMAT Club’s review section since 2021 are by e-GMATers. You can read the reviews here.

I hope this gives you a framework to evaluate the shortlisted courses and helps you make the right decision.
-Sundeep

Mba
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys, how can I evaluate my profile for the MIM programme? I mean what GMAT score do I need in addition to my 3.3 GPA? I have no work experience; do I need any for the MIM programme?

Let me give you some information about me
I’m 20 years old and recently graduated with a B.com (taxation) with a GPA of 3.3 (77%). The GMAT is yet to be written and I have no work experience.

What are the steps I need to take to get into

Any school like -
HEC Paris, University of St Galle, ESCP Business School, ESSEC Business School, London Business School, University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business
Can anyone suggest anything? There is still plenty of time to apply for the 24 intakes at these colleges, which is about 10 months away. If anyone can help me, that would be greatly appreciated

What GMAT score do I need to offset my low GPA and work experience

Originally posted by Abeljr on 29 Nov 2022, 06:50.
Last edited by Abeljr on 29 Nov 2022, 06:51, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Abeljr I am in a same situation as you are in.
I too graduate from DU with BCom program and got 7.8CGPA.
I too have no work experience but am in the process of applying for jobs and I think having some work experience is beneficial as u can explore your field of interest and do a specialization in you graduate degree accordingly.
And right know don’t worry about the deadline as there is plenty of time for that as the first round usually start from November- December so right know just focus on your GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Bro, I think we can become good friends. I was wondering, am I the only one doing this? Can we share our LinkedIn profiles so that we can help each other with the same thing or any other suitable platform?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Hi guys, if there are any other Magoosh students. How accurate is their practice test estimation compared to the actual GMAT? I know that the actual GMAT is more difficult, but let’s say that you got a 650 from the practice test on Magoosh. Is it fair to say that your actual GMAT-score will be between 600-650? Or is the official practice test from MBA the only way to accurately measure your potential score?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Abeljr wrote:
Bro, I think we can become good friends. I was wondering, am I the only one doing this? Can we share our LinkedIn profiles so that we can help each other with the same thing or any other suitable platform?

Do you guys think it would be helpful to add Linked In profile links into GMAT Club profile?

nasgmatbag wrote:
Hi guys, if there are any other Magoosh students. How accurate is their practice test estimation compared to the actual GMAT? I know that the actual GMAT is more difficult, but let’s say that you got a 650 from the practice test on Magoosh. Is it fair to say that your actual GMAT-score will be between 600-650? Or is the official practice test from MBA the only way to accurately measure your potential score?

Hi. You can check the Magoosh Debriefs (these are exclusively Magoosh) and see what people have gotten on their tests: search.php?search_id=tag&tag_id=493

Originally posted by bb on 29 Nov 2022, 10:28.
Last edited by bb on 29 Nov 2022, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
bb wrote:
Do you guys think it would be helpful to add Linked In profile links into GMAT Club profile?

Yes sir , that would give more credibility as well we can get to know overall profile of particular account
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 404 [0]
Given Kudos: 1013
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Everyone!

Can someone give honest review about GMATWhiz ?

Thanks in advance :)

ChandlerBong wrote:
Hi Everyone!

*give an honest review

Originally posted by ChandlerBong on 29 Nov 2022, 11:00.
Last edited by ChandlerBong on 29 Nov 2022, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 125 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
ChandlerBong wrote:
Hi Everyone!

You misspelled your name..it’s Chanandler Bong..how Chandlerish of you

:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Braintree on 29 Nov 2022, 11:03.
Last edited by Braintree on 29 Nov 2022, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 404 [0]
Given Kudos: 1013
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Braintree wrote:
ChandlerBong wrote:
Hi Everyone!

You misspelled your name..it’s Chanandler Bong..how Chandlerish of you

Haha I deliberately wrote "Bong" haha :P
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I know.

It’s the first part that you misspelled

Chanandler Bong
Manager
Manager
Send PM
okay..sorry for bombing your conversation. I don’t know anything about Gmatwhiz
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Behzod8572 wrote:
Hello everyone

Hello

Behzod8572 wrote:
is there any student who passed gmat

What do you mean by passing GMAT

Originally posted by Sarmadk5 on 29 Nov 2022, 11:13.
Last edited by Sarmadk5 on 29 Nov 2022, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  240