Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling NYU Stern Full-time MBA Applicants 2023 Intake[Class of 2025] [#permalink]
I’m planning to apply for 2024 intake. I’m from India, GMAT 730 (Q49, V41). I have an undergrad in economics, and by the time of admission I’ll have 5 years of experience (2 years in e-com and 3 years in FinTech startup as product manager).
I also have a few side projects that I run and also do volunteering.

What do you think are my chances for NYU Stern? Is there anything else I should consider adding to my profile to improve the chances?

I’m not considering GMAT reattempt.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: Calling NYU Stern Full-time MBA Applicants 2023 Intake[Class of 2025] [#permalink]
Kudos
kshitij234 wrote:
I’m planning to apply for 2024 intake. I’m from India, GMAT 730 (Q49, V41). I have an undergrad in economics, and by the time of admission I’ll have 5 years of experience (2 years in e-com and 3 years in FinTech startup as product manager).
I also have a few side projects that I run and also do volunteering.

What do you think are my chances for NYU Stern? Is there anything else I should consider adding to my profile to improve the chances?

I’m not considering GMAT reattempt.

Sounds like a decent profile imo. I think in order to have a really good app, you need to be really clear what you want to achieve from an MBA and why an MBA in particular (as opposed to just continuing in your current career) will help you. This seems to be a question that I've been asked over and over again in interviews. Good luck :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Kudos
kshitij234 wrote:
I’m planning to apply for 2024 intake. I’m from India, GMAT 730 (Q49, V41). I have an undergrad in economics, and by the time of admission I’ll have 5 years of experience (2 years in e-com and 3 years in FinTech startup as product manager). I also have a few side projects that I run and also do volunteering. What do you think are my chances for NYU Stern? Is there anything else I should consider adding to my profile to improve the chances? I’m not considering GMAT reattempt.

A few points to ponder: 730 is neither good nor bad in itself; it is just decent. What will matter is how well you package your complete profile (i.e. use of offence and defense strategies), how do you showcase your decision making approach - "why" to literally almost everything in life and make it seamless. Do bear in mind, that Stern is a miser on scholarships (an admit last year with 770 was offered zero scholar). So if you are heavily dependent on funding through scholarship, be aware (I have my candidates struggling to manage financials even with a $60k scholarship - not from Stern).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Fuqua '26 (D)
Send PM
Anyone from India receive an interview? I haven’t heard a thing since my submission on Jan 15. Is no news bad news?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 146 [1]
Given Kudos: 200
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45 (Online)
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
No, it’s rolling and there’s a long time till the final date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Hello, if anyone of you could evaluate my profile, it would be really appreciated
Thanks in advance :)
I am from Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA. I am a Computer Science Engineering undergraduate from a Gandhi Institute of technology and management (deemed) university in Vizag, which is a decent college in INDIA and in Andhra Pradesh. I am a fresher with a 7.23 CGPA i.e 3.1 GPA (in the US Scale). I have scored 705 in the GMAT and 7 band points in IELTS examination. My Profile incudes huge range of leadership roles and activities. Right from my childhood I’ve been an enthusiastic child at school. Later in my undergraduation, I’ve been into technical projects in my computer science background and then an internship in the same sector. Since my 2nd year in college I have been into multiple organisations and into team leader roles and other volunteer works. I’ve worked into an organisation called AIESEC for a year, where I have been a team leader, organised events, organised multiple teams and overshooted my targets and increased the revenue by 50% to the organisation. Later I’ve been into market research internships, human resource internships and other marketing projects. Also, during covid I’ve done multiple online certification courses like digital marketing, negotiation, MS OFFICE, Advanced Python. Also the past few months after graduation I’ve been associated with a Startup incubator, where i was able to contribute to the incubator through my network in vizag and organisational skills and was able to build the incubator from scratch and was in close working space with the CEO of the incubator and learnt a lot about startups and the startup culture in the past few months. I have strong letters of recommendation from this reputed CEO, who is also an alumni from very prestigious b-schools around the globe and in India, i.e from Harvard and from IIM Bangalore.

iam planning on applying for masters in organisation management and strategy in nyu stern, any inputs please?

Originally posted by Chaitr on 05 Feb 2023, 08:32.
Last edited by Chaitr on 05 Feb 2023, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Hi Everyone, R3 applicant, I know invitations are on rolling basis but how many people usually get it by Feb mid from past experience ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
akshayagg691 wrote:
Hi Everyone, R3 applicant, I know invitations are on rolling basis but how many people usually get it by Feb mid from past experience ?

+1

Hopefully this week we should start getting the invite. (Third week)
Lets see!

Originally posted by Ver23 on 06 Feb 2023, 00:25.
Last edited by Ver23 on 06 Feb 2023, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Schools: Haas '25 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Any interview invites to candidates from India in the last few days?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GRE 1: Q160 V162
GPA: 3.21
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Looking for thoughts:

I know I'm probably a bit of a longshot for Stern. I was already declined w/o interview at CBS, but got an interview at Cornell. But, maybe there's a sliver of hope:

GRE - 322
GPA - 3.21 at Penn State, Energy Business Finance Major, Economics and Planetary Science & Astronomy Minors
CFA Charterholder
Series 7 and 63 licensed
4 years at Big 4 consulting, 2.5 years at large fin services doing investment manager research and sustainable investing advisory
9 months at smaller asset management firm within large insurer doing investment risk analysis and fund due diligence
Both LoRs are from Stern graduates
Worked with an application consultant, and feel like my essays are very good.
Main ECs: College- Boxing Team After College - Haymakers for Hope Charity Boxing Event - Boxer and Fundraiser
ST Goal: Equity analyst at either impact-investment or sustainable investment hedge fund or traditional asset manager. Backup: Sell-side equity analyst covering renewables
LT Goal: Portfolio manager at hedge fund or traditional asset manager
White American Male
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 722
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 4: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Kudos
SustainableCFA wrote:
Looking for thoughts: I know I’m probably a bit of a longshot for Stern. I was already declined w/o interview at CBS, but got an interview at Cornell. But, maybe there’s a sliver of hope: GRE - 322 GPA - 3.21 at Penn State, Energy Business Finance Major, Economics and Planetary Science & Astronomy Minors CFA Charterholder Series 7 and 63 licensed 4 years at Big 4 consulting, 2.5 years at large fin services doing investment manager research and sustainable investing advisory 9 months at smaller asset management firm within large insurer doing investment risk analysis and fund due diligence Both LoRs are from Stern graduates Worked with an application consultant, and feel like my essays are very good. Main ECs: College- Boxing Team After College - Haymakers for Hope Charity Boxing Event - Boxer and Fundraiser ST Goal: Equity analyst at either impact-investment or sustainable investment hedge fund or traditional asset manager. Backup: Sell-side equity analyst covering renewables LT Goal: Portfolio manager at hedge fund or traditional asset manager White American Male

I don’t think you’re necessarily a long shot. Your GRE is not far off and your GPA is working range (I’ve heard that there is an informal cutoff at 3.0) I couldn’t give you any insights but comparing my profile to yours if you can make a good case for why stern and how you can add to the community then you could get in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GRE 1: Q163 V157
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
this email scared me :cry:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GRE 1: Q160 V162
GPA: 3.21
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Thanks!

amilstein wrote:
SustainableCFA wrote:
Looking for thoughts: I know I’m probably a bit of a longshot for Stern. I was already declined w/o interview at CBS, but got an interview at Cornell. But, maybe there’s a sliver of hope: GRE - 322 GPA - 3.21 at Penn State, Energy Business Finance Major, Economics and Planetary Science & Astronomy Minors CFA Charterholder Series 7 and 63 licensed 4 years at Big 4 consulting, 2.5 years at large fin services doing investment manager research and sustainable investing advisory 9 months at smaller asset management firm within large insurer doing investment risk analysis and fund due diligence Both LoRs are from Stern graduates Worked with an application consultant, and feel like my essays are very good. Main ECs: College- Boxing Team After College - Haymakers for Hope Charity Boxing Event - Boxer and Fundraiser ST Goal: Equity analyst at either impact-investment or sustainable investment hedge fund or traditional asset manager. Backup: Sell-side equity analyst covering renewables LT Goal: Portfolio manager at hedge fund or traditional asset manager White American Male

I don’t think you’re necessarily a long shot. Your GRE is not far off and your GPA is working range (I’ve heard that there is an informal cutoff at 3.0) I couldn’t give you any insights but comparing my profile to yours if you can make a good case for why stern and how you can add to the community then you could get in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GPA: 2.56
Send PM
Tech mba : any r3 invites?
For Tech where notifications are on 1st March, I think interview invites should be out already? What’s the past trend of the school?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Applied 1/15 for Tech MBA and I have a really poor undergrad gpa (2.23) but a very strong gpa from my current M.S. in Computer Science program (3.8). Should I even hope for an interview? Be honest.
I have 4.5 years of work experience and great LORs, one is from the CEO of a start up.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 146 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45 (Online)
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
What’s your gmat and quality of essays? Can beat a low gpa if that’s the only weak factor
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ved02 wrote:
What’s your gmat and quality of essays? Can beat a low gpa if that’s the only weak factor

I took the GRE and my score was decent. I feel like my essays were pretty great as well. My undergrad GPA is the only weak factor in my app. I just know that Stern has an unspoken 3.0 GPA cutoff..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  54