Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Yale '25 (S)
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Stern '23 (D)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Yale MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
I'm trying to figure out how SOM sends out acceptance emails, if they are done in bulk or one by one like they do with phone calls.

I'd prefer the excitement of a phone call but I also don't want to be sitting around nervous all day. If they just bulk send out the emails and there's a chance it would take place early in the day then I definitely would choose that.

I looked at previous rounds and couldn't find any concrete answers
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
garykaufman wrote:
If admitted, I am going to volunteer to work for Yale admissions. They need some urgent help in streamlining their process flowchart :facepalm_man:

True for almost all schools. They need Operations Excellence consultants.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
Are there any MMS asset management candidates here?

Also, I want to get into consulting post masters. But have applied to the MMS asset management program instead of the MBA program. What do you guys think my chances would be to get a good consulting/strategy job post an asset management degree from Yale?

I know results aren’t out yet but I have offers from boston college for MBA and UT Dallas for MSF/MBA dual degree. MBB does not recruit from BC and UTD. They recruit from Yale but from MBA, so what are my chances to get MBB recruitment after Asset management from Yale instead of MBA?

any and all insights would be helpful

Originally posted by USunis2023 on 18 Mar 2023, 02:33.
Last edited by USunis2023 on 18 Mar 2023, 02:37, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Has anyone received an Invite to Interview on and since 17 March (the date that had attained prominence in the Admission Q.A.s)? 🙄

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Hi all, I am the product manager for GMAT Club’s Decision Tracker. We are making a few changes to the decision tracker and we will have a new version of it live soon. We need your help before we launch. Could you please take 5 minutes and submit this form: decision-tracker/register.html

PS - It will work only on a laptop or a computer. (Mobile version is WIP)

Thank you.
CR Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 643 [0]
Given Kudos: 558
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
thkkrpratik wrote:
Hi all, I am the product manager for GMAT Club’s Decision Tracker. We are making a few changes to the decision tracker and we will have a new version of it live soon. We need your help before we launch. Could you please take 5 minutes and submit this form: decision-tra ... ister.html PS - It will work only on a laptop or a computer. (Mobile version is WIP) Thank you.

Just did i!

USunis2023 wrote:
Are there any MMS asset management candidates here?

I am considering applying next year. Seems like a program that is quite focused purely on AM. Given Yale brand name, you likely have a good shot at entering into MBB, however given the nature of the program (if its pure AM it will be very quant focused - likely a lot of statistics and the like) it might make you "overqualified" in a sense. Also the program is quite new, I think it’s either the first or second year it has been available. Granted the Yale name goes very far.

Originally posted by mysterymanrog on 19 Mar 2023, 02:40.
Last edited by mysterymanrog on 19 Mar 2023, 02:41, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
mysterymanrog wrote:
Just did i!

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
mysterymanrog wrote:
I am considering applying next year. Seems like a program that is quite focused purely on AM. Given Yale brand name, you likely have a good shot at entering into MBB, however given the nature of the program (if its pure AM it will be very quant focused - likely a lot of statistics and the like) it might make you "overqualified" in a sense. Also the program is quite new, I think it’s either the first or second year it has been available. Granted the Yale name goes very far.

I’ve cleared cfa level 3 but people said it doesn’t matter much for strategy consulting. It makes me well qualified only for finance jobs. So idk if the overqualified thing is true?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 120
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
thkkrpratik wrote:
Hi all, I am the product manager for GMAT Club’s Decision Tracker. We are making a few changes to the decision tracker and we will have a new version of it live soon. We need your help before we launch. Could you please take 5 minutes and submit this form: decision-tra ... ister.html PS - It will work only on a laptop or a computer. (Mobile version is WIP) Thank you.

Done
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Sustainability, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q168 V165
Send PM
USunis2023 wrote:
Also, I want to get into consulting post masters. But have applied to the MMS asset management program instead of the MBA program. What do you guys think my chances would be to get a good consulting/strategy job post an asset management degree from Yale?

Given that SOM is both a practice and thought leader in the space and the home of David Swansen, I would say fairly high.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Sorry to break the flow of the conversation. Would Yale SOM Adcoms make all the calls on Friday or throughout the week?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
Kudos
KD1995 wrote:
Sorry to break the flow of the conversation. Would Yale SOM Adcoms make all the calls on Friday or throughout the week?

They will do all calls on Friday, with a portal update in the afternoon!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
My mail on Thursday:

I hope that this message finds you in good health.

I am a candidate from India, who had applied by the Round 2 deadline to the Full-Time M.B.A program at the Yale School of Management.

I am writing this mail to you to inquire about the last date at which the Invitation to an Interview maybe received by a candidate, who has applied by the Round 2 deadline.

Thanking you in advance.

Yale’s reply on Monday:

Thank you for your email and for your application to the Yale School of Management. Our Admissions Committee is still in the process of reading applications and inviting candidates to interview. With many applications to read, the Committee cannot extend these invitations all at one time. Instead, this process of reading and even interviewing will continue up to the decision release on March 24, 2023.

Unfortunately, we cannot disclose your individual status until this time; however, we can assure you that not all invitations to interview have been sent and we appreciate your patience as you wait.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [1]
Given Kudos: 120
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
VidittMathur wrote:
My mail on Thursday: I hope that this message finds you in good health. I am a candidate from India, who had applied by the Round 2 deadline to the Full-Time M.B.A program at the Yale School of Management. I am writing this mail to you to inquire about the last date at which the Invitation to an Interview maybe received by a candidate, who has applied by the Round 2 deadline. Thanking you in advance. Yale’s reply on Monday: Thank you for your email and for your application to the Yale School of Management. Our Admissions Committee is still in the process of reading applications and inviting candidates to interview. With many applications to read, the Committee cannot extend these invitations all at one time. Instead, this process of reading and even interviewing will continue up to the decision release on March 24, 2023. Unfortunately, we cannot disclose your individual status until this time; however, we can assure you that not all invitations to interview have been sent and we appreciate your patience as you wait. Posted from my mobile device

The Adcom response is getting absolutely ridiculous. Adcom cannot extend an invitation, schedule an interview, and release final decisions in 3 days (by Friday afternoon). It is a lost cause now.

If some of us are waitlisted without an interview, then there is a long and arduous process of sharing updates. So, I suggest getting a breather before Friday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Dobby14 wrote:
The Adcom response is getting absolutely ridiculous. Adcom cannot extend an invitation, schedule an interview, and release final decisions in 3 days (by Friday afternoon). It is a lost cause now. If some of us are waitlisted without an interview, then there is a long and arduous process of sharing updates. So, I suggest getting a breather before Friday.

:shh:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Best wishes to everyone for tomorrow
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]