Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:59 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sergy found it for me.

Well, it's a good start. The problem is if you are using the OG 11, questions are arranged in easy(1-100)-medium(100-170)-(170-250)semi hard order.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:CBS, MIT, Kellogg, Wharton
Send PM
[#permalink]
[quote="svedra"]Sergy found it for me.

Well, it's a good start. The problem is if you are using the OG 11, questions are arranged in easy(1-100)-medium(100-170)-(170-250)semi hard order.[/quote]

I am doing OG11 CR now and there is a total of 124 questions. Are they in ascending difficulty?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 338 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
svedra wrote:
Sergy found it for me.

Well, it's a good start. The problem is if you are using the OG 11, questions are arranged in easy(1-100)-medium(100-170)-(170-250)semi hard order.

That is what I have heard/read as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
The OG books actually state in the intro section that they have placed the questions in order based on level of difficulty and stress the importance of using their GMATprep tests as your true measurement of success as they are based on a similar CAT format.
But many in the forum suggest you master the easy ones and use those principles in solving the harder ones. DO some searching on this forum, and you'll find the advice. Search kidderek, I think his name is. I read great pointers from him on how to do quant prep!
Good Luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I thought you might find the following advice I found in my searching useful!
I know I did! I had to remove the link bc of spamming regs, but search for the bolded subject line to see the original!

Quote:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:25 am Post subject: score 720-(Q49 V40)-My strategies for Busy people Reply with quote
Hi All,
Today I appeared in GMAT and scored 720 (Q49 V40). I am 32 years old working executing and I was hardly able to put 2 hours a day for my preparation.
My experience could be useful for others like me.

I will not say much like many other. If you people find my experience useful, let me know. I will elaborate.

Quant: When I took my first Maths practice question sets I was not able to reach more than 55%. Later I realized it is not because Maths was too tough in GMAT, but because there are traps in questions. They make you you commit errors. So only solution is practice at least 20-30 EASY question each day for few weeks and analyze your errors. Once you are able to do EASY questions fast and correct, you can score 80% quant easily.
1)One Chinese or korean document on Maths practice I downloaded from this forum which raised my actual Maths score to 90%. (See second post of Vivek at the link:

Answers are also avaiable somewhere in the forum. )
2) Probability and Permutation/Combination: 800Score stuff is really good at least for this section.
3)Standard Deviation: Use search option in this forum with key word "Standard Deviation" and solve questions. Normally GMAT asks kind of Standard Deviation questions which can be solved just by looking at it after some practice.

Verbal: English was my big weakness. In my first English practice test I scored more than Maths however unlike Math, despite lot of practice there was not much improvement in score. Note that It takes long time to develop knowledge of language. Here I adopted several processes to compensate for for my weakness. Like process of elimination for SC Just by looking at it , understanding CR on the line of explanations provided by OG, and figuring context (Reading first few lines and starting lines of last paragraph) of RC before reading it fully. I can explain these techniques more if someone is interested.

Recommended book: OG latest edition.
Best approach for busy/working people. Give 2 hours per day (and more on weekends). Do few questions each day. Analyse results whether you do it right or wrong and try to remember explanations given in OG.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]