Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 930 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1106 [0]
Schools:Cornell
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nice question. :)

I've been stressed out with the plans and the possibility of failure. :shock:

If I fail, then no more love. :evil: I'll apply some years later than 2009, after I'm done with setting up a family (being married with someone other than this current one).

Get the story mate?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
[#permalink]
Plan B is to find a job where I can earn more and work less :wink: know what I mean? :lol:

But not thinking of failure now... not now at least :) I'll fight it out to the bitter end :snipersmile: :2gunfire: :war :arh :plasma :rocket :boxer :boxer2 :ninja :barbarian :m16

I wanna be the :king :banana and you should too :lol:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 930 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think,

People who don't consider them as strong candidates should have an alternative plan.

But people who are confident and who are strong never need a plan B.

haha. well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Federer, thats not what Nadal say
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
Schools:Baruch / Zicklin
 V3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good question. My "alternative" or "emergency" plan - assuming i dont do well on the GMATs OR get into any business school - is to start my own company. I've had a ton of ideas in the past, all fairly easy to implement, but with work + college, it's so tough to work them through.

One of my many goals in life, like many others, is to become financially stable. That goal will either become true if I go to business school OR if i decide to start/open my own business.

I never put all my eggs into one basket ;]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm looking at an MBA as a catapult that I'm putting my ass in it and yelling "PULL!". Realistically, it is a way to leapfrog and get my career going on 100 octane race gas, but enough of the metaphors.

I think I can get to where I want to be long term (Director position or better) by hard work and an extra 10+ years of slugging it though.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, my plan B is to probably to try to go to graduate school (or a certification program) to get certified to teach elementary school. That's actually what I got my undergrad degree in, however, at OSU you can't get certified to teach as an undergrad.

What brought me to the decision to go for an MBA instead, is the fact that I've been working for lobbyists for the past 7 years. A lot of this time was while I was in undergrad. Unfortunately, being married, I couldn't afford to go work at a daycare center part-time for minimum wage, and therefore I have no practical experience working with children.

Another factor is that I am not 22 anymore (and haven't been for several years!) and if I should spend 2 years and quite a bit of money to either go to graduate school or a certification program to get certified to teach, I would end up making less money than I am now (and also less than I was making with no degree at all).

But, it's always an option!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]