Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
No change in essay questions
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
yogeshsheth wrote:

Wow. That makes it harder for re-applicants.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm in...shooting for R1
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I got this email from Tuck (Now you guys can put the questions about this year's essays to rest):

---------------

We are pleased to inform you that the Tuck School of Business application is now open. We encourage you to review the "How to Apply" page before beginning your application. You may create a new account or access your exisiting acount by clicking here .

If you have any questions, please email us at tuck.admissions@dartmouth.edu

Warm regards,

Tuck Admissions Team
Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
100 Tuck Hall
Hanover, NH 03755
Office Hours (Eastern Time) Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Phone: 603-646-3162
Email: tuck.admissions@dartmouth.edu

Originally posted by mNeo on 31 Jul 2007, 10:43.
Last edited by mNeo on 11 Aug 2007, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
Tuck asks to give a reason if you not initiated interviews. Being an international applicant its a bit difficult for me to make arrangements to visit the school and take interviews.
Would this be a sufficient reason
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
yogeshsheth wrote:
Tuck asks to give a reason if you not initiated interviews. Being an international applicant its a bit difficult for me to make arrangements to visit the school and take interviews.

Yeah. When I applied last year I gave the same reason and it went OK with the adcom, they offered me a phone interview.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
helg wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:

Yeah. When I applied last year I gave the same reason and it went OK with the adcom, they offered me a phone interview.

Thanks helq
Thats good to hear!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello Tuck 2008 applicants!

I just wanted to ask ... what do you guys think about Tuck's essay questions? I am kind of struggling with the constructive criticism one, any constructive ideas about that one?

Also, how important are extracurricular activities? It seems to me that Tuck does not care about extracurricular as much as other top schools
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
I am bit stuck with the leadership essay, Inspiring others to achieve something significant, Guys any pointers one should write about.
Would leading society work here..
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
yogeshsheth wrote:
I am bit stuck with the leadership essay, Inspiring others to achieve something significant, Guys any pointers one should write about.
Would leading society work here..

from accepted.com:

"This question is also a repeat and reveals the importance Tuck, like many MBA programs, places on leadership..
Have you inspired a troubled teen to apply himself academically? Have you chaired a fund raiser that raised a record amount of money? Have you captained a sports team that led your intra-mural or company league? Have you been a team lead on a project that came in on time and under budget? Are you head of a sales team? These would all be examples of leadership. How did you inspire your teammates to achieve? Answer all elements in the question."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
helg wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:

Helq,

dont they have a smaller set of questions for re-applicants? It would be unfair to make re-applicants go through the same set of questions again.

I am re-applying to CL and WH and both of them a shorter list of questions.

Which all school are you applying to?
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
DJM wrote:
helg wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:

Helq,

dont they have a smaller set of questions for re-applicants? It would be unfair to make re-applicants go through the same set of questions again.

I am re-applying to CL and WH and both of them a shorter list of questions.

Which all school are you applying to?

Wharton is the only school that has a reduced number of essay questions (-1) for me. With Tuck it's actually +1 since they ask the answers to all the same question plus a re-applicant essay. Chicago reworked the whole application package so I have to completely fill it in.

I actually value the opportunity to re-write the whole pack of essay because I have learned so much more in the last year. Now that I look at my last year essay I can see what a load of cr@p they were :-D

I target at reapplying at Tuck, Chicago, Wharton plus (new) HBS in R1. Afterwards... let's hope there will be no afterwards ;)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
[#permalink]
helg wrote:

I actually value the opportunity to re-write the whole pack of essay because I have learned so much more in the last year. Now that I look at my last year essay I can see what a load of cr@p they were :-D

I target at reapplying at Tuck, Chicago, Wharton plus (new) HBS in R1. Afterwards... let's hope there will be no afterwards ;)

Agreed. I'll be reapplying to Tuck... However, I remember them saying that they may compare last year's application with the reapplication. I'm concerned as I think I may have revealed certain information best kept to myself (causing me to be dinged) and that if I reapply, I'm just setting myself up for a ding. Good luck for your reapp.
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
adc_away wrote:
helg wrote:

Agreed. I'll be reapplying to Tuck... However, I remember them saying that they may compare last year's application with the reapplication. I'm concerned as I think I may have revealed certain information best kept to myself (causing me to be dinged) and that if I reapply, I'm just setting myself up for a ding. Good luck for your reapp.

thanks!
g'luck to u as well!
why don't you use the optional essay (#5) to ameliorate those possible consequences of the last year application? I think that it is a great opportunity.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
Essay about Constructive Criticism..
How are you guys approaching this question. I am kinda stuck on this issue.

-Yogesh
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
yogeshsheth wrote:
Essay about Constructive Criticism..
How are you guys approaching this question. I am kinda stuck on this issue.

-Yogesh

Again, I cannot resist quoting from accepted.com:

"Leadership development is an important part of the Tuck program. Within that facet of Tuck life, self assessment and peer assessment play an important role. Can you take and grow from criticism? Show the adcom reader that you can by showing him or her that you already have done so. Provide the feedback and if necessary explain why it was difficult for you to address. Then describe the steps you took to respond to the criticism and improve. Finally, show the results: what you learned and ideally how you now effectively handle situations that triggered the initial criticism."
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am applying to Tuck in R1. The only problem I see is that I am not sure whether my wife can find a job anywhere in that region. Boston might be the closest city which has some decent openings.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29