Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:45 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants [#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
Chicago has an event on 9/28? I wanted to visit Chicago and Kellogg before R1, but with their schools starting late Sept, I didn't think I would get much out of it due to students barely being back... Might go visit later on... though do I want to do that in the middle of winter... hrm... :?

I went to a GSB event with current students last weekend and they said first year students start in the beginning of Sept but they go back towards the end of the month. Kellogg I dont think does official tours until Oct but I am going to contact admissions about it since I want to visit before R1 applications. I decided to go in Sept since then I would have a few weeks to work on my applications and work in details. If I can't sit in on classes or anything at least I can try and talk to some students there.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Hrm.. good idea. Man, I need to figure out how to fit this visit in my schedule... UCLA the first weekend of October, then I have to do the final sprint and turn in my UCLA and Stanford apps... Chicago any earlier makes no sense... so 9/28 seems to be the only weekend available...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
kryzak wrote:
Hrm.. good idea. Man, I need to figure out how to fit this visit in my schedule... UCLA the first weekend of October, then I have to do the final sprint and turn in my UCLA and Stanford apps... Chicago any earlier makes no sense... so 9/28 seems to be the only weekend available...

FYI guys.. classes start sept 20th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Anyone apply for PT GSB Winter 2008? I just sent my app in yesterday. I read on BW that someone with 770 GMAT got accepted after 8 days!!! I am not in that range but feel the rest of my application is strong. If anyone has also applied please share! Thanks
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
derek510 wrote:
Anyone apply for PT GSB Winter 2008? I just sent my app in yesterday. I read on BW that someone with 770 GMAT got accepted after 8 days!!! I am not in that range but feel the rest of my application is strong. If anyone has also applied please share! Thanks

You'll hear back soon. Everyone I know that applied (and just so you know, your GMAT score has absolutely nothing to do with how fast they get back to you. They get back to you when they've read your app and made a decision, whether your GMAT is 500 or 800) heard back within two weeks. There's a pretty good chance that by September 1st, you'll know.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
i just registered for the Sept. 28 GSB Live event

https://www.chicagogsb.edu/fulltime/admissions/visiting.aspx

i hope to see a bunch of clubbers there so sign up fast! also let me know if you got a confirmation email when you registered, because i didnt, just a confirmation screen.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Signed up for the San Francisco Chicago GSB Reception on 9/27 evening. Anyone going to that?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
So, Chicago and Harvard are both having the SF info session on the 27th evening? Interesting !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So as i'm writing up my goals essay, I realized the emphasis that Chicago places on personal goals. The first essay states "Describe your personal and professional goals" and the resume sections states "the expanded resume is designed to give us a more comprehensive view of your professional and personal life at various stages of your career. Our hope in requiring this
additional information is to get a snapshot of who you are at various stages of your professional and personal development."

This seems slightly different from other apps that looks mostly on the professional angle for the goals essay. Perhaps this is a trap for those who rehashed other essays without any emphasis on the personal aspect? regardless, this puts a new twist to what I thought would be a straight forward essay. writing about personal goals can be very broad and can risk going off on tangents.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
router79 wrote:
So as i'm writing up my goals essay, I realized the emphasis that Chicago places on personal goals. The first essay states "Describe your personal and professional goals" and the resume sections states "the expanded resume is designed to give us a more comprehensive view of your professional and personal life at various stages of your career. Our hope in requiring this
additional information is to get a snapshot of who you are at various stages of your professional and personal development."

This seems slightly different from other apps that looks mostly on the professional angle for the goals essay. Perhaps this is a trap for those who rehashed other essays without any emphasis on the personal aspect? regardless, this puts a new twist to what I thought would be a straight forward essay. writing about personal goals can be very broad and can risk going off on tangents.

ditto

I put in personal goals but it goes against the whole grain of the essay. How exactly can you explain that your MBA will help your personal goals?

What if my personal goal is to open some student club at Chicago GSB? Does it even count? How does an MBA help?

Or is this question trying to ask for community involvement and one's humane side

I am confused on this one.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Count me in for GSB round 2.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm in for GSB Round 1. I'm all signed up for the Chicago Live event on Sept 28th.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
I signed up for the GSB event in Bangalore on 5 Sept. The only problem is Wharton is having an event on the same night and I think I need to attend Wharton's event. My boss is a pretty active alumnus and I think it would be a better opportunity to meet the admin. director from Wharton with my boss rather than attend the GSB event. I still want to attend the GSB event, do you think they would be willing to meet outside the specified time frame? If not I can always fly up to Mumbai or Delhi for their events earlier in the week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Booked my tix to chicago last night. I planned to hit Kellogg on Sept 27, but looks like I should call the Admissions Office to see if they can run a tour for me early. Anyone else going to hit Kellogg while in Chicago that week?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
burger2001 wrote:
Booked my tix to chicago last night. I planned to hit Kellogg on Sept 27, but looks like I should call the Admissions Office to see if they can run a tour for me early. Anyone else going to hit Kellogg while in Chicago that week?

I am going to try to set something up. Maybe when we call we should say I have talked to other prospective students who I know will also be in town that week and would like to set something up. They may be more willing to arrange something if there are half a dozen of us who want to visit. I booked my trip before they put their tour dates up because both my job and my wifes requires a lot of advance notice to take time off (3 months plus). Now we can't really afford money or vacation time wise to make another trip to Chicago.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
shmegs wrote:
I signed up for the GSB event in Bangalore on 5 Sept. The only problem is Wharton is having an event on the same night and I think I need to attend Wharton's event. My boss is a pretty active alumnus and I think it would be a better opportunity to meet the admin. director from Wharton with my boss rather than attend the GSB event. I still want to attend the GSB event, do you think they would be willing to meet outside the specified time frame? If not I can always fly up to Mumbai or Delhi for their events earlier in the week.

Wow this is spooky........

Wharton an GSB both have their Delhi events on 3rd Sept. An the time is also same. Ah!! UE7 have started to lock their horns over Indian/IT/Males

hahahahahaha
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Haha possibly, it makes it harder for people interested in both schools. At this point I'll probably have to make a trip to either Mumbai or Delhi to attend the Chicago event.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  135   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts