Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
[#permalink]
mNeo wrote:
Guys, need your help deciding when to apply to Col. I think I am done with the application (Have visited the school unofficially, have talked to a lot of alumni and students etc, have done the essays and got them reviewed too). I asked this question in the chat too, but nobody answered (May you all go to Hell !!)

I am attending an info-session on Sep 5. Should I apply then? Or should I apply after I make an official visit in Sept end?

Waiting has a side benefit of using my next month's learnings to refine my Columbia essays, but I don't know if there's any space to refine much anyway. I am worried that in a rolling admission process waiting unnecessarily might hurt my chances a little. Then, because I will be visiting Columbia before my application actually gets reviewed, Columbia will know of my interest in the school anyway. So should I just submit after Sept 5? Will waiting for 25 more days make that much of a difference in either case?

mNeo, if you are applying ED, then you should submit as soon as you can. Now, can you spare me from hell's fire.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
[#permalink]
I submitted my J-Term app yesterday. I guess the first ding is on its way..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
[#permalink]
bsd_lover wrote:

either that or the first admin + money is on the way ;)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
[#permalink]
apply asap... I am gonna file in my application next week. Just waiting for the recommender's letters.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks guys, then I am also applying as soon as I get the recos.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
bsd_lover wrote:

Hey .. hey .. hey .. are you questioning my vision? Didn't I tell you that you'll get both J-Term and Princeton? BTW when you do get into both, pick Princeton, dude !
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hehe ..

Started my Princeton app today. The interface is so much nicer and I can recycle most of my Columbia goals essay.

You must excuse my ignorance, but is Princeton really that much better ? I guess we dont get as much exposure to the brands in Australia.

mNeo wrote:
bsd_lover wrote:

Hey .. hey .. hey .. are you questioning my vision? Didn't I tell you that you'll get both J-Term and Princeton? BTW when you do get into both, pick Princeton, dude !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
bsd_lover wrote:
Hehe ..

Started my Princeton app today. The interface is so much nicer and I can recycle most of my Columbia goals essay.

You must excuse my ignorance, but is Princeton really that much better ? I guess we dont get as much exposure to the brands in Australia.

I thought it should depend on what you want to do? I think you're applying to a different program at Princeton?

Which would you prefer to do if you got into Columbia and Princeton?

mNeo. how come princeton is better than columbia?

I'm submitting my columbia ed later today..
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Applying to the MFin program at Princeton.

Both have their advantages. I think Princeton is more finance oriented and would help me gain deeper knowledge and maybe a quicker path to hedge funds. However Columbia starts in January and I will graduate by 2009 which in turn means I might well be at hedge funds at the same time as with Princeton (which finishes in 2010).

Also Columbia is in New York.

adc_away wrote:
bsd_lover wrote:
Hehe ..

I thought it should depend on what you want to do? I think you're applying to a different program at Princeton?

Which would you prefer to do if you got into Columbia and Princeton?

mNeo. how come princeton is better than columbia?

I'm submitting my columbia ed later today..
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
I only meant that Princeton's MFin is better than Columbia's MBA for bsd_lover based on the limited info I have about his interest in Hedge Funds etc. For someone not from a heavy finance background, going directly to HF from MBA is really difficult (Yes, even at top MBA schools).
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah, I agree. That's what I have heard as well .. MBA to HF is tough. The regular path is MBA --> IB structuring role --> HF .

mNeo wrote:
I only meant that Princeton's MFin is better than Columbia's MBA for bsd_lover based on the limited info I have about his interest in Hedge Funds etc. For someone not from a heavy finance background, going directly to HF from MBA is really difficult (Yes, even at top MBA schools).
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Or IB -> MBA -> HF/PE
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
WHOOOOAAAA!!!

Recommenders - Done
Transcripts - Done
GMAT - Done
Application - Done
Essays - Done
USD250 - Paid

Submitted for ED! Hope everything goes well :)

Good luck guys. and good luck to me too
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
[#permalink]
Good luck adc_away!!! I applied on 8/20/07..... I wonder when they will be sending out decisions......
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
wondee wrote:
Good luck adc_away!!! I applied on 8/20/07..... I wonder when they will be sending out decisions......

Yes. I realized you submitted VERY early... how did you manage to pump out the essays that fast? :shock:

Let me know when you hear something. Apparently at least 3 weeks before they change your status and let you know of any news. Do let me know when you get an interview :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
[#permalink]
adc_away wrote:
wondee wrote:

Yes. I realized you submitted VERY early... how did you manage to pump out the essays that fast? :shock:

Let me know when you hear something. Apparently at least 3 weeks before they change your status and let you know of any news. Do let me know when you get an interview :)

I dont know how I did it.... Now it's a waiting game... My app went under review on 8/21/07.... and IF(!!!!) i do (or don't) get an interview, I will let you all know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
wondee wrote:
adc_away wrote:
wondee wrote:

I dont know how I did it.... Now it's a waiting game... My app went under review on 8/21/07.... and IF(!!!!) i do (or don't) get an interview, I will let you all know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best mate... I look forward to going to Columbia =)

You probably were one of the first few to submit that early... figures why your application went under review the next day! :) I think it'll be at least a week before my application changes status.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  42