Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:07 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1106 [0]
Schools:Cornell
Send PM
[#permalink]
I didn't take Manhattan course but I read Manhattan books and bought their MGMAT. They are good!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you and good luck on the exams :)

Manhattan Review vs. Manhattan GMAT?

Manhattan Review's schedule works better for me...but if MGMAT is definitely better then I should go for that 9-session course...

Please any comments?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I tried Manhattan Review's online course since they offer free auditing for one session. I also checked out kaplan, princeton review and manhattan gmat as well. The main reason I would recommend Manhattan Review is that their technology is good. I was using webex on my prior consulting job. Also their instructors are very experienced.

The online class is small but very interactive. I got a chance to use my mic to ask a lot of questions and my instructor Kevin Armstrong was able to decipher all my confusions. Nonetheless, since I work in front of my computer all day long, online course is not my favorite. A lot of people like online format though so they can save time from traveling.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Re: Veritas, Manhattan, MLIC, 800score? [#permalink]
mayonnai5e wrote:
Tug wrote:
Please recommend one of these:

Veritas: 2 weekends course -$ 1200
gets its materials from 800score. what else do they offer? Do they provide OGs? OR should I just buy materials from 800score?

Manhattan GMAT: 9 week session ($1500) vs. Guided Self Study ($790)
which one have you taken?

MLIC (https://www.gmatcourses.org/#WHYBETTER) since it attacks all other prep courses, is it better? any experience?
5-days Turbo course $1350. what books do they use?

Thank you!

Go with MGMAT. I'm taking Veritas online self-study and it's nothing to brag about. The material they provide from arco and 800score is not even worth looking at. The Veritas branded material are problems lifted from the OG books and old paper tests.

MGMAT is raved about from everyone.

MLIC never heard of it (Read: don't pick this)

Funny, I thought the ARCO tests were the most accurate and realistic CATs next to Powerprep/Gmat Prep. s/he is correct in that most of Veritas' problems are old paper tests and OG. Some problems come from LSAT / GRE as well.

I don't know what their 'guided self study' entails, but you can just buy all of manhattan gmat books and perform 'guided self study' for like $160. you get access to bonus question banks online and CATs with their books as well. So you need to figure out if the extra $600 is really providing any value.

You have to realize that these prep classes are essentially teaching you out of the books they sell in the stores... so if you are not good at self study, go for the class. in the classroom setting you will at least have an instructor to help explain the tough problems to you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I am leaning towards GMAXonline. Have been looking for resellers. If I don't find one soon, I will go ahead and buy it. Also, there are tons of great reviews of ManhattanGMAT and a few of GMAXonline. My goal, like most of you guys is 700+ and want to make sure that the material I get gets met there.
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Concentration: International Relations
Send PM
Hi! I'm a student services representative at Manhattan GMAT so I can answer some of the questions that have been raised in this thread about our programs.

First of all, thanks to everyone who suggested us! We're always glad to hear that people find our resources and classes useful!

There was a question raised about our Live classes vs. the Guided Self Study. I would like to mention first that we offer two Guided Self Study options. The one mentioned above, with the price of $790, is our Guided Self Study Prep Plus. It comes with access to everything you get when you register for our course. This includes our complete prep set (12 books and a stopwatch and test simulation booklet), study trackers, a syllabus, online access to our CAT exams, our online labs and our question banks (including the challenge problem archive), two half-hour one-on-one phone sessions with an instructor, and if you need it, a Post Exam Assessment. You also receive free access to our Foundations of Math workshops and discounted rates to our Quest for 750 workshops. In addition, with the Guided Self Study Prep Plus option, you have online access to a full set of our class recordings. These 9 recordings are from live classes and each last 3 hours. The difference is that since they are recorded, you cannot interact with the instructor or your classmates. You can use any of these resources as often as you like for the 6 months you have access to them, with the possibility of up to two free 90 day extensions afterward.

For our live 9-session course, you also receive access to these recordings and the other resources listed above but you will also learn through your live class. The recordings are helpful if you feel you need to go back over certain concepts, or if you miss a class and can't make it up in-person. Also, with the 9-session course you get half-hour one-on-one sessions with an instructor weekly during your course, as opposed to the two you get with our Guided Self Study program.

It was mentioned that the classes just go over what is already in the books. The way we structure our course, we have our students read the books and do problem sets and online labs as homework, and then in class our instructors apply the concepts that the students have learned. The two complement each other, but the courses do build on what is in the books and include more strategy. Additionally, our instructors are good at judging the class they teach, playing to the students' strengths and weaknesses and therefore showing problems based on the class's performance.

If you're unsure of who to use, I would suggest attending one of our free events. We offer free Previews, which go over the GMAT and some strategies, and we also offer Trial Classes, which are the first session of our 9-session-course (a real class.) You can find out information on these by going to our website: ManhattanGMAT[dot]com and clicking on the "Free Events" link.

I hope this was helpful! If there's anything I have left unclear, please feel free to reply to this post, or to give us a call at 1-800-576-4628. Thanks!
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Folks,

We have a thread dedicated to reviews of Prep programs. It can be seen here:

gmat-prep-courses-classes-reviews-ratings-and-comparison-78451.html#p590321

We have have represenatatives from various prep companies as members here (people from MGMAT, GMAX, Knewton, etc.). We work to build these relationships to benefit the member base at large and are actively working to maintain and build other partnerships.
GMAT Club Bot