Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
hi [#permalink]
I also got a 36 on the math part although i guessed on some of them i thought i would do better than that after practicing. i got 36 on verbal too so i scored 600. i'm going to retake it after practicing the questions posted by other users on this site and practicing some of the questions that i remember from the test. :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kunbol wrote:
Lest I forget..I got about 3 bold face questions in verbal and the questions in quant were more difficult than OG or kaplan. A number of the quant questions were "which of the following is " type of questions which means you have to go through every option.

As per my study strategies, I studied for about 4 weeks using kaplan,PR and some GMAT plus stuff and about one fifth of OG.(I studied one fifth of OG, but glanced through everything). I took the test today because I wanted to meet the deadline of the schools I was applying to.

I studied for about 6 hours daily cos its been a long time I had taken a standardized test....

my initial tests were

kaplan 530

kaplan 560

PR 610
PP 550
PP 630

if you have more questions, I would be happy to answer them....

I want to say thanks to BB, praet, toyvo, halleluyah emmanuel, paul and others for your contribution to this site..

God bless you all

Don't give up, kunbol!

You can get as high as 51 on your math if you study worded problems carefully. I myself found that timing is really hard on GMAT, even though I used to multiply two-digit numbers without any paper and got no single question wrong... All you need is just practicing and more strategies. I don't know which strategy you used to answer worded problems, but I hope that I can help you more.

Wish you luck,

Emmanuel.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Few Questions About GMAT [#permalink]
Hi all,

I am taking the GMAT in 8 weeks time and I have a few questions to those who have taken the actual test recently.

1. In the Quant, can we expect questions from areas like Data Interpretation (like Graphs, Pie-Charts, etc)? These kind of questions are common in the GRE Quant.

2. On an average, how many questions does each RC Passage have ? Also, what's the range of questions per passage ?

3. How useful is the OG in giving me an idea about the level of difficulty of the questions?

Would really appreciate your inputs. Have been working consistently for the past few months and have found many posts here extremely useful.

Thanks,

Aditya
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Re: Few Questions About GMAT [#permalink]
Hi all,

I am taking the GMAT in 8 weeks time and I have a few questions to those who have taken the actual test recently.

Quote:
1. In the Quant, can we expect questions from areas like Data Interpretation (like Graphs, Pie-Charts, etc)? These kind of questions are common in the GRE Quant.

These questions are not usually there on the GMAT. I have not heard of anyone talking about such questions.

Quote:
2. On an average, how many questions does each RC Passage have ? Also, what's the range of questions per passage ?

Usually from 3 minimum to 5 maximum... what do you mean by Range of questions per passage?

Quote:
3. How useful is the OG in giving me an idea about the level of difficulty of the questions?

Fairly useful for 650-670 scorers. But beyond that, you might need more help as far as practice is concerned.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Praetorian,

Quote:

Fairly useful for 650-670 scorers. But beyond that, you might need more help as far as practice is concerned.[/quote]

I am also using Kaplan CD,PP and PR apart from the OG. Do you recommend anything else ?

Also, is there any link (on this site or otherwise) where I can get sample LSAT tests or material ?

Thanks,
Aditya
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Quote:
I am also using Kaplan CD,PP and PR apart from the OG. Do you recommend anything else ?

Also, is there any link (on this site or otherwise) where I can get sample LSAT tests or material ?

Thanks,
Aditya

If you need more practice in verbal, I think the LSAT tests would be a good complement for more practice in CR and RC. In LSAT CR, avoid the logic type questions and practice with the regular types.

if you practice with the CR problems in the verbal forum, it would be a great start. for lsats, i think this link might work for you guys.

https://exam.studa.com/classhtml/lsat.html

Buying the official lsat books might be your best bet. but see what works for you.

Good luck
Praet
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Length for RC Passages [#permalink]
Hi all,

A question for those who have taken the actual test recently.

How long are the RC passages? I mean in number of lines. How common are long 75-80 line passages.

Most passages in he OG are about 40 to 50 lines long. Is that the most common pattern ?

Thanks a lot,
Aditya
GMAT Club Bot
Length for RC Passages [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts