Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:MIT
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
collegesenior wrote:
Thank you.

A follow-up question, if I may:
How can we, in our applications, speak about current assignments - which have not yet reached fruition, but could make positive impact in the next 3-6 months? In which section do we mention these?

collegesenior,

Depening on what kind of "assignments" you have in mind and to what length you want to speak about them they could go in your essays, in your reco letters, or in the data section of your application. As long as you are already involved in them there's no reason to leave them out of the application, but all you can do about the positive future impact is mention is an expected or hoped-for result. You can't really flesh it out because it may not happen and schools won't give you much credit for that which hasn't yet transpired.

Good luck,
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Update: GMAT 770 (Q50,V45)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3421 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
collegesenior wrote:

In India, which Engg. school u from???

As i'm also from top Indian engg. school so..........just curious!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
collegesenior wrote:

collegesenior,

Congrats on the 770--not too bad of a score. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Please evaluate my profile(College Senior from India at IIT) [#permalink]
I'm average at academics(with my gpa as 3/4) but my strong point is research,I've an int'l journal publication in the field of bioengg. at an early age of 20...and also I was selected by the govt of India amongst India's top 16 innovators(as u know innovation is a skill of prime importance in business) for the yr 2006-07..... Socially,I'm a conscious person....I work as a volunteer for an NGO and I'm endeavouring with my colleagues to open up an institution based on social entrepreneurship.Simultaneously,I've a business plan ready and wish to launch my company soon(my own small startup) with a couple of friends.I've participated in b-plan competitions at national level and won them....also I've taken a lot of leadership roles at my college in the form of sectretaries of various clubs and organizing various events,festivals etc.....

My hobbies include music and photography.I play drums for a local band.Also,I constantly do astrophotography,and we're the first amateur student organisation to get the results published in astro journals. Our photography club's photos are also printed regularly by magazines.The club is headed by me for the past one yr.Also under my leadership,the club for the first time utilised its resources for a social cause,to help an ngo which was not even thought of before.

I've had int'l experiences...was chosen amongst top 5 candidates to be sent for a student exchange prog to singapore.Also,did my internship at europe.

member of entrepreneurship clubs and ngos...and work for them.Also started local chapter at my university(IIT),so was the first one to take initiative in this regard.

Apart from it.....
I was also chosen as the student advisor to my current batch.

I'm a member of the student senate which is the highest student decision making body at our institute.

Though I dont have any further work ex...i wish to apply under the college seniors category at schools like Chicago GSB,HBS,Stan etc.
Send PM
Re: Please evaluate my profile(College Senior from India at [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Aniruddh Jain wrote:
I'm average at academics(with my gpa as 3/4) but my strong point is research,I've an int'l journal publication in the field of bioengg. at an early age of 20...and also I was selected by the govt of India amongst India's top 16 innovators(as u know innovation is a skill of prime importance in business) for the yr 2006-07..... Socially,I'm a conscious person....I work as a volunteer for an NGO and I'm endeavouring with my colleagues to open up an institution based on social entrepreneurship.Simultaneously,I've a business plan ready and wish to launch my company soon(my own small startup) with a couple of friends.I've participated in b-plan competitions at national level and won them....also I've taken a lot of leadership roles at my college in the form of sectretaries of various clubs and organizing various events,festivals etc.....

My hobbies include music and photography.I play drums for a local band.Also,I constantly do astrophotography,and we're the first amateur student organisation to get the results published in astro journals. Our photography club's photos are also printed regularly by magazines.The club is headed by me for the past one yr.Also under my leadership,the club for the first time utilised its resources for a social cause,to help an ngo which was not even thought of before.

I've had int'l experiences...was chosen amongst top 5 candidates to be sent for a student exchange prog to singapore.Also,did my internship at europe.

member of entrepreneurship clubs and ngos...and work for them.Also started local chapter at my university(IIT),so was the first one to take initiative in this regard.

Apart from it.....
I was also chosen as the student advisor to my current batch.

I'm a member of the student senate which is the highest student decision making body at our institute.

Though I dont have any further work ex...i wish to apply under the college seniors category at schools like Chicago GSB,HBS,Stan etc.

Aniruddh,

I think it will be difficult frankly you for you to get into the MBA programs of the very top U.S. schools if you are applying straight out of an Indian undergraduate program. Even with a very high GMAT score I think they would want to see work experience and perhaps international experience. You have an excellent profile and should make a competitive applicant at top schools some day, but I recommend getting some work experience under your belt first.

Good luck,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul,

Thanks a lot for your evaluation but I was thinking to apply under the "college seniors" category.I assume the college seniors who apply to top schools don't have a full time work ex except from their internships and other extra curricular stuff!

HBS ,as u might be knowing ,takes some 15 students every year who are college seniors.........if my profile is not good enuf for such a program....whr can i make my application stronger?

Thanx for ur time in advance.

Aniruddh
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Aniruddh Jain wrote:
Paul,

Thanks a lot for your evaluation but I was thinking to apply under the "college seniors" category.I assume the college seniors who apply to top schools don't have a full time work ex except from their internships and other extra curricular stuff!

HBS ,as u might be knowing ,takes some 15 students every year who are college seniors.........if my profile is not good enuf for such a program....whr can i make my application stronger?

Thanx for ur time in advance.

Aniruddh

Aniruddh,

I don't think there is anything you can do at this point to make your application to HBS stronger if your plan is to get admitted there from college. You have the profile of an achiever but it is not unusual. IMO, the 15 college seniors who get into HBS are probably not only super-achievers but also have quite distinctive backgrounds. I'll also bet that most of those 15 went to U.S. undergraduate schools. But if you want to apply, by all means fire away.

Good luck to you,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul,

If not HBS...which schools do you think will suit my profile as safety schools and which schools will be long-shotish?
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Aniruddh Jain wrote:
Paul,

If not HBS...which schools do you think will suit my profile as safety schools and which schools will be long-shotish?

Aniruddh Jain,

The following B-schools all admit unusually high (as high as ~13%) percentages of applicants with 1 year or less of work experience: Wake Forest, Rochester, Purdue, Toronto, Illinois, Carnegie Mellon, Vanderbilt.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]