Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am taking myself off this R1 race. I pushed my app to R2 because of recommendation logistics.

dahcrap:good luck on your R1 app.

Haas/Berkeley Applicants Status:
Kryzak - R1 - Submitted 11/1
mba2010 - R1 - Submitted 11/3
bherronp - R1 - Submitted 11/4
PaulK - R1 - Submitted
notokung - R1 - Submitted 11/4
DrivinWest - R1 - Submitted 11/5
Lobo - R1 - Submitted 11/4
sensation - R1 - Submitted 11/4
ncprasad - R2 PT
dahcrap - R1 PT - submitting in a couple of weeks
uphillclimb - R2 - submitting in a couple weeks[/quote]
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Got an email today entitled "Haas School of Business"
Just letting me know that my application file was complete and ready for review. That was a mean trick Haas, but I will forgive you (for an interview invite). :-D
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
haha, at least you got that, I haven't heard a word from them yet, and I submitted 11/1.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
got the same note a few days ago.

My Duke app still reads "Submitted". Makes me wonder if I forgot to submit something.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
So I happily knock out my short answers for HAAS, keeping them all well within the 250 word limit. Then I get inspired and write my leadership essay. It flows, it's eloquent, it gives good examples...it's 1800+ words long. *&$#@%. So I spent the better part of yesterday reducing it to 500 words. For some reason I'd been thinking we had a thousand for that one?! Painful! :cry:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
nice progress uphillclimb....I just started writing my short-answer essays !

uphillclimb wrote:
So I happily knock out my short answers for HAAS, keeping them all well within the 250 word limit. Then I get inspired and write my leadership essay. It flows, it's eloquent, it gives good examples...it's 1800+ words long. *&$#@%. So I spent the better part of yesterday reducing it to 500 words. For some reason I'd been thinking we had a thousand for that one?! Painful! :cry:

https://sivaofperinkolam.blogspot.com
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
uphillclimb, you´re doing well if you can keep within 250 words. But yes, leadership essay is 500 words and very hard to keep it that short. Good luck!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
uphillclimb, you´re doing well if you can keep within 250 words. But yes, leadership essay is 500 words and very hard to keep it that short. Good luck!!!

Thanks, Kryzak...I guess it's the perennial applicant's plaint - "I need more word allocation!" but I'll add my whining to that! You just don't realize how bloody short 500 words can be. I think I've managed to rig my essay so that at least some of my personality comes through. Hopefully. I have to say, I really like the HAAS application. It really does seem as if they want to know who you are and what makes you tick, as opposed to some of the other schools, which seem to want one to quantify every accomplishment, period. The more I find out about this program, the more I want to attend...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am planning to describe some of my personal attributes in the short essays and narrate professional examples for my 500 word essay.

What's your take on that ?

uphillclimb wrote:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
[quote="sperinko"]I am planning to describe some of my personal attributes in the short essays and narrate professional examples for my 500 word essay.

What's your take on that ?

I think that will work very well. For me, the "dinner" question did lend itself well to integrating my choice with my career path. The "innovative solution" is also career-related, for me, but I should add that in both of those short answers, I've made it more about my personality and what makes me tick. Definitely Essay #1 - the biggie - is career, and "Why MBA - Why HAAS- Why now", etc has to be directly related to career choices and future plans for the same. The "significant accomplishment" essay was strictly personal.
My original choice for the dinner companion essay was to go into the future to speak with my great-grandaughter - that's still truthful, but I couldn't work the essay so that it said enough about who I was. So I had to change it. Still kind of wistful about that...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools:The University of Texas at Austin
 Q48  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
R2 Haas people,

I met with Peter Johnson, director of Haas admissions at the Munich info session on the 12th. First and foremost, Peter impressed me as a very smart, very cool, very down-to-earth kinda guy. I liked him right off the bat.

He mentioned how his favorite question was the "who do you want to have dinner with" one. He specifically stated not to try and predict what the adcoms want to hear because you're likely to be 1) wrong 2) pandering to the adcoms will get you nowhere. He used Arun Sarin, Haas MBA '78 and CEO of Vodafone as an example of a bad choice.

My $0.02: Haas' has the BEST set of essay questions of any school out there. They give you ample opportunities to showcase yourself. You get to talk about all sorts of things, including, but not limited to, your MBA and career aspirations. Use at least some of the Section II essays to tell them who YOU are. IMHO, Section II, Essay I is the perfect opportunity to let them know about you besides that you're another a cog in a corporate wheel.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks DrivinWest !
Off to the 4th short essay now. I have to work hard on that one. It would have been easier to write this one if I had visited the campus. But since I couldn't make the trip across the coast, I have had to rely on web-site/contacts/Info sessions to make my decision.

The long ones are still ahead .

DrivinWest wrote:
R2 Haas people,

I met with Peter Johnson, director of Haas admissions at the Munich info session on the 12th. First and foremost, Peter impressed me as a very smart, very cool, very down-to-earth kinda guy. I liked him right off the bat.

He mentioned how his favorite question was the "who do you want to have dinner with" one. He specifically stated not to try and predict what the adcoms want to hear because you're likely to be 1) wrong 2) pandering to the adcoms will get you nowhere. He used Arun Sarin, Haas MBA '78 and CEO of Vodafone as an example of a bad choice.

My $0.02: Haas' has the BEST set of essay questions of any school out there. They give you ample opportunities to showcase yourself. You get to talk about all sorts of things, including, but not limited to, your MBA and career aspirations. Use at least some of the Section II essays to tell them who YOU are. IMHO, Section II, Essay I is the perfect opportunity to let them know about you besides that you're another a cog in a corporate wheel.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I got a note that my application file is complete and ready for review.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
yeah, i really liked Haas´ essays. it helped me figure out all my other essays because of the wide range of topics it covered. Anyway, hope to hear from them soon!

BTW, Pete Johnson is awesome. Took a photo of me and a Haas student on his iPhone and emailed it to me. I definitely did not expect that!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Haas/Berkeley Applicants Status:
Kryzak - R1 - Submitted 11/1
mba2010 - R1 - Submitted 11/3
bherronp - R1 - Submitted 11/4
PaulK - R1 - Submitted
notokung - R1 - Submitted 11/4
DrivinWest - R1 - Submitted 11/5
Lobo - R1 - Submitted 11/4
sensation - R1 - Submitted 11/4
ncprasad - R2 PT
dahcrap - R1 PT - submitted
uphillclimb - R2 - submitting in a couple weeks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ncprasad wrote:
dahcrap:good luck on your R1 app.

Thanks ncprasad. i need a lot of it though now that Stanford hasn't been kind to me :-)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
finally got the "complete and in review" email today. Still no word on any school for interviews.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  39