Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:18 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Stern also wants us to enclose a copy of the degree certificate with the Transcript.

Why do they want us to send? They should also accept the self reported transcripts.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
[#permalink]
abhishek.sardana wrote:
Stern also wants us to enclose a copy of the degree certificate with the Transcript.

Why do they want us to send? They should also accept the self reported transcripts.

Their school - their choice, as simple as that.
Unfortunately it means a lot of headaches for us!!!!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey abhishek- how many schools are you applying to? I know you apped to cbs, w, h, s - anymore in R1? :)

abhishek.sardana wrote:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Why Stern? [#permalink]
Guys,
Did you talk about Why Stern at all in Essay 1? Or did you leave that completely for essay 2? I am currently planning on covering it completely in essay 2 as I am already over my word limit on essay 1.
That reminds me, the other schools allow a 10% variance in their essay lengths. Do you know if NYU is that lenient too or are they more stringent about the word counts?
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
dosa_don wrote:
Hey abhishek- how many schools are you applying to? I know you apped to cbs, w, h, s - anymore in R1? :)

abhishek.sardana wrote:

Hey bro!

Thinking of Stern but not getting any good insights into Q3. Did you get any invites yet?
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Is anyone choosing to simply write an essay for #3? (As opposed to drawing something, making something, etc.)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Texas_Dawg wrote:
Is anyone choosing to simply write an essay for #3? (As opposed to drawing something, making something, etc.)

2nd year reps said that over 60% of accepted students had simply written essays. I think as long as you get your message across, you're fine.

But then again, what the h3ll do I know?
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek wrote:
Texas_Dawg wrote:

2nd year reps said that over 60% of accepted students had simply written essays. I think as long as you get your message across, you're fine.

But then again, what the h3ll do I know?

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Texas_Dawg wrote:

I am going to write a simple essay for #3.

I was toying with the idea of pictographic represention of my progression till date..But, dropped it..Who am I kidding? I am not an artist..;)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey guys, more questions about stern, great if you guys can help out.

1) I don't see anywhere online to upload the scanned transcript?? Is that right or am I on crack? I've sent the official copy already from my undergrad.

2) Stern doesn't have any essays about leadership, teamwork, etc. Where do you guys talk about that stuff? Essay 1?

3) I've heard some rumors that stern is regarded as second rate to columbia is there any truth to that??? I wouldn't want to go anywhere that's got a weak reputation...

Thanks!!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
aceman626 wrote:
1) I don't see anywhere online to upload the scanned transcript?? Is that right or am I on crack? I've sent the official copy already from my undergrad.

Stern wants official copies with that cover sheet attached with it.

aceman626 wrote:
2) Stern doesn't have any essays about leadership, teamwork, etc. Where do you guys talk about that stuff? Essay 1?

Hmm, maybe they're not so keen on leadership as other schools. Either way, I think it goes in essay #1, but can go in any of the essays.

aceman626 wrote:
3) I've heard some rumors that stern is regarded as second rate to columbia is there any truth to that??? I wouldn't want to go anywhere that's got a weak reputation...

Rather than listen to others' opinions, you should do your own research. Talk to some of the Stern students.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek wrote:

Which Sheet are we talking about here? I sent only the transcript with the photocopy of my degree certificate
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek wrote:
aceman626 wrote:

craaaaap...that sheet is not absolutely crucial is it? I had my undergrad (from US) send it directly to NYU...that should be fine right? It would make a lot more sense than to have them send it to me overseas, and then me send it back to the US.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
aceman626 wrote:
kidderek wrote:
aceman626 wrote:

craaaaap...that sheet is not absolutely crucial is it? I had my undergrad (from US) send it directly to NYU...that should be fine right? It would make a lot more sense than to have them send it to me overseas, and then me send it back to the US.

Who knows? I doubt it's crucial at all, it didn't request much info on it. I sent it to my undergrad and they sent it back to me in a sealed, stamped on the flap, envelope.

SO, I can't even be sure that that sheet is even in the envelope.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek wrote:
aceman626 wrote:
kidderek wrote:
aceman626 wrote:

Who knows? I doubt it's crucial at all, it didn't request much info on it. I sent it to my undergrad and they sent it back to me in a sealed, stamped on the flap, envelope.

ok cool...hope that's ok...otherwise its bye bye stern....lol
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I paid for an extra transcript and when it got back to me, I opened to make sure the coversheet was inside and filled out correctly. I paid for that peace of mind at the cost of a Starbuck coffee. :-D

kidderek wrote:
aceman626 wrote:

ok cool...hope that's ok...otherwise its bye bye stern....lol
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  26