Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:20 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Cranfield SOM
 Q46  V40
Send PM
Current Student
 Q46  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
To those who are still waiting...

Do you think that if we don't hear today we can conclude that we are automatically waitlisted? Considering the next week is a short one and then you have only 1 more week to Dec 1st....

Just a thought I had yesterday.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I spoke to someone who is in the program and they were accepted in the last week. Also if you look at the Fall 2007 thread there were people who were accepted close to the notification date. So I wouldn't give up hope yet. btw how many people waiting? ScorpioGuy you should really call them and find out. its bizzare that you have not heard esp. since you applied early
Current Student
 Q46  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
I already called once and got the standard "check the website" answer.

langone08 wrote:
I spoke to someone who is in the program and they were accepted in the last week. Also if you look at the Fall 2007 thread there were people who were accepted close to the notification date. So I wouldn't give up hope yet. btw how many people waiting? ScorpioGuy you should really call them and find out. its bizzare that you have not heard esp. since you applied early
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm still waiting but I got waitlisted in early October so I don't know if that counts

langone08 wrote:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
So looks like only 3 of us?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think there's one or two more

langone08 wrote:
So looks like only 3 of us?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I applied close to the Septebmer deadline and am still waiting to receive a response back from Ad Comm.

Any thoughts on how Ad Comm view applicants that are willing to re-locate in order to attend this program? Has anyone that received acceptance into Stern required to re-locate as part of their admission?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
we have to pay $100 for our own verification?! this is robbery!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
You must be joking! I guess $175 app fee, when all other school charge less than half that amount, is not enough

claricely wrote:
we have to pay $100 for our own verification?! this is robbery!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I thought the additional $100 for verification was a bit much, but I suppose that depending on the amount of information that Kroll is verifying it could be a few hours (or more) for each applicant.

Are other schools really less than half of Stern's $175 application fee? From what I've seen the other schools in the top tier are charging similar amounts.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
top tier ones do. I actually meant local schools, perhaps I wasn't clear. But NYU can hardly compare itself to Harvard or Wharton.

Beagles wrote:
I thought the additional $100 for verification was a bit much, but I suppose that depending on the amount of information that Kroll is verifying it could be a few hours (or more) for each applicant.

Are other schools really less than half of Stern's $175 application fee? From what I've seen the other schools in the top tier are charging similar amounts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hatethewait wrote:
top tier ones do. I actually meant local schools, perhaps I wasn't clear. But NYU can hardly compare itself to Harvard or Wharton.

Who would you say that NYU can compare itself to?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Maybe Kellogg? Locally, I think it's in a class by itself, as it is below Columbia or Cornell but above Rutgers or Baruch.

Beagles wrote:
hatethewait wrote:

Who would you say that NYU can compare itself to?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hatethewait wrote:
Maybe Kellogg? Locally, I think it's in a class by itself, as it is below Columbia or Cornell but above Rutgers or Baruch.

I would say, it is just below Columbia, but above Cornell and way, way above Rutgers and Baruch.

As far as paying $100 for verification is concerned, you are about to pay $80,000 for your MBA. So, does $100 really matter? :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good point. :wink:

As for the ranking, you think NYU above Cornell? It's an Ivy League school and is way more prestigious, at least according to the I-bankers I've spoken with.

MBA0007 wrote:
hatethewait wrote:

I would say, it is just below Columbia, but above Cornell and way, way above Rutgers and Baruch.

As far as paying $100 for verification is concerned, you are about to pay $80,000 for your MBA. So, does $100 really matter? :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hatethewait wrote:
Good point. :wink:

As for the ranking, you think NYU above Cornell? It's an Ivy League school and is way more prestigious, at least according to the I-bankers I've spoken with.

Yeah, I think, it is more prestigious in the finance field. In general management, perhaps, Cornell is better known, but in Finance, NYU is higher. Cornell is an Ivy League school. But it is rarely mentioned in the same breath as Harvard, Columbia, Stanford and the other Ivys.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Verification isn't covered by my company, so I do care.

MBA0007 wrote:
hatethewait wrote:

GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  38