Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:00 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 867 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I meant 14th in US NEWS
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
SCU sounds great, but it does have an 80% acceptance rate. Isn't this quite high?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I too was a little suspicious about that acceptance rate but I have talked with addmissions advisors from SCU and they said the rate is closer to 50%. I think the executive program may screw the numbers, not sure but just a guess. I actually got accepted there and plan to attend. If you need any specific information feel free to PM me and I can give you SCU inside and out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Re: San Jose State vs Santa Clara University MBA [#permalink]
helpmeongmat wrote:
I know people are going to say Santa Clara University, but I plan on going to SJSU. Would you please elaborate on why SCU might be better? I like SJSU because of its proximity (close to work) and the cost is around 4x to 5x cheaper. That is very appealing as well. I feel like an education at SJSU is pretty good. Is the SCU network that much stronger, and how do you think my decision will impact me in the future?

SCU's network will blow SJSU out of the water, especailly if you are in high tech as most of the big firms around San Jose send what seems to be entire departments to SCU.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Santa clara placement stats werent that great..dunno it might be also cuz a lot of ppl dont usually go thru a placement process at the end as its a part time MBA...

does anyone know how the PACE program in SCU is like?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
deeee,

I believe that you are correct in your assumption about the placement stats. The majority of the students at Santa Clara are employed and go to school part time. Though Santa Clara is a great MBA to have for career switchers in the Bay Area.

As for the PACE program it works basically like this:

It is a lock step program that place students with under 2 years work exp. together for six months. During this time you complete 4 of your required core classes and take part in Seminars that build your business knowledge. For example there are a whole seminars on how to network in business, how to dress in business, table side manners on business dinners, public speaking, etc. Basically it is sort of a business development program for students with under 2 years work experience. This program is great because you get really close with your classmates as there are many social and networking required events in this program. After the 6 six months you matriculate into the regular MBA program and complete the course. So the PACE program will take 6 months longer than enrolling into the regular MBA program. I feel that going to a "part time" program one can get lured into being a commuter student where you go to class then go home. What the PACE program does is it forces you to be social and network with your classmates which is a true benefit when pursuing an MBA and career advancement. If you have any specific questions just ask.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
MBAstudyaholic,

thanks for the info..

SCU says:
International students who are studying on the F-1 visa are not eligible for the MBA PACE Program. Work experience is an important perspective to bring to the Santa Clara University MBA Program. With fewer than two years of experience, and the F-1 Visa requirement to be in school full time, it is difficult for the International student to gain as much from the program as their working peers. We encourage international students to consider the Evening MBA Program once they have a few years of professional experience.

so if i wanna apply on h4 then shall i be considered?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm hearing about SCU, but anybody have any thoughts on SJSU?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
It is hard to compare both the schools as no one will have the option of attending both of them.
SCU is an awesome school.It has good professors,great alumni and awesome programs.If you can
initially spend some money,choose SCU.The ROI is also very good.Instead of comparing SCU with
SJSU,I would compare it with UC Berkley!
GMAT Club Bot