Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:58 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Anyone else watch the B-ball game last night...team looks great.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Cornell University
 Q48  V45
Send PM
[#permalink]
lanter1 wrote:

I went to a game when I was out there for my visit. Those fans are pretty die-hard. Duke was up by 50 and they were still taunting the other team.
Current Student
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
PaulK wrote:
lanter1 wrote:

I went to a game when I was out there for my visit. Those fans are pretty die-hard. Duke was up by 50 and they were still taunting the other team.

I've been a Duke b-ball fan since I was a kid and this team has a lot of potential...much more athletic than last year. Only weakness is defensive rebounding. They will be top-3 preseason next year if everyone stays and it will make for a fun time at school (if i get in that is).
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
lanter1 wrote:

I am from Wisconsin...I wore my Duke shirt, but stayed true by wearing red draws and shoes. I quietly cringed while taunting...it hurt. It really did.

But on a lighter note, I got to watch the guy who has the same injury as me - number 3. We have the same ortho. I am practically famous by way of Duke Med.
Current Student
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
lanter1 wrote:

I am from Wisconsin...I wore my Duke shirt, but stayed true by wearing red draws and shoes. I quietly cringed while taunting...it hurt. It really did.

But on a lighter note, I got to watch the guy who has the same injury as me - number 3. We have the same ortho. I am practically famous by way of Duke Med.

i predict that u will be converted to a Dukie by the end of the season.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am not a Duke b'ball fan, actually more a Tar Heels fan (thanks MJ). In fact the two schools I applied to in R1, it would be difficult for me to root for their 'core' athletic programs. I cannot root for Michigan football as I am a Nittany Lion (and dont know if I can root for a team that lost to App State), and B'Devil B'ball. Oh well...if only I get admitted to either team, I shall root for 90% of the games atleast...I swear :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Which planet does Duke live in.....
I got this mail from Duke today

Dear Aviroop,

The Duke MBA is hosting information sessions for prospective students in Los Angeles, the San Francisco Peninsula, and downtown San Francisco the week of October 21. If you will be in the area on one of these dates, please join us for an educational forum in which prospective students can interact with admissions representatives, students, and alumni to learn about our full-time MBA program.

A representative of the Health Sector Management (HSM) program will also be in attendance at each of these sessions. Prospective students with or without health care experience are welcome to attend to learn more about the Duke MBA health care program.

If you have not done so already, please click on one of the locations listed above to register.

If you are unable to attend the information sessions or would like to learn more about The Duke MBA prior to meeting us in person, we encourage you to explore our online resources, join our mailing list to receive our viewbook and e-mail updates, and learn about the other events in your area this fall. Please visit The Duke MBA Web site for a glimpse into The Duke MBA.

Best regards,

The Duke MBA Office of Admissions

man its November 29.. not October 21...

This is freaking hilarious... they should give me a free admit just for sending such a belated email
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Question for R1ers from my late R2 Duke self. What font size did you guys use for the essays ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Used 11pt and 1.5 line spacing...
Current Student
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
12 font with 1.5 spacing
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thx guys ...
btw, i just read something on businessweek, in the "graduate comments" section for Duke that bothered me some.
https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... fuqua.html

It reads:
"......Duke MBA program had a real "provincial" feel to it. Duke is an American school with an American program.Though I enjoyed my time at Duke, I would not suggest the school to foriegn students, especially if they have a good choice of business schools at home. ..."

These comments, although might just be one student's perspective, being on b-week's section are really confusing ...

Aau, any comments ?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dunno what to make of it. Blair Sheppard, our new dean, is very into the international thing. Before becoming dean, he ran our international executive training program, which is very well regarded around the world. Blair very much sees our position as an int'l one, and is putting a lot of effort into supporting that.

As for right now, we have a 40% international population. Lots of people from South and Latin America, India, China, Korea, and Japan. Maybe 10 Africans, plus a few from Turkey and the Middle East. Europeans as well.

We have international companies come to recruit, and American companies recruit for their international offices.

We have a number of courses with an international focus, and everyone is required to take global institutions and environments during the summer term. While the acctg class is based on FASB, there is still some reference to IAS.

Our GATE trips (global academic travel experience) are wildly popular.

I guess I'm not totally sure what the poster meant, and what part of an international experience he deemed lacking. I can't tell you how international duke's program is when compared its peers. But I can tell you that I very much feel like I'm part of a global program.

Does that help?

Originally posted by aaudetat on 02 Dec 2007, 18:11.
Last edited by aaudetat on 03 Dec 2007, 06:34, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Aau. Yes, it helps; it'd be hard to digest comments as those of the poster for any great school ..
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oops, didn't mean to say 40% Asian above. Meant to say 40% international.

Will change above to limit confusion.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmat_march wrote:
Thx guys ...
btw, i just read something on businessweek, in the "graduate comments" section for Duke that bothered me some.

It reads:
"......Duke MBA program had a real "provincial" feel to it. Duke is an American school with an American program.Though I enjoyed my time at Duke, I would not suggest the school to foriegn students, especially if they have a good choice of business schools at home. ..."

These comments, although might just be one student's perspective, being on b-week's section are really confusing ...

Aau, any comments ?

hey never noticed the graduate comments section...VERY interesting...i wonder though, are they actual verified grads, or can anyone make a comment? I want to know if these comments are legit, or if they can be trolls like people from Businessweek.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
aceman626 wrote:
gmat_march wrote:
Thx guys ...

It reads:

Aau, any comments ?

hey never noticed the graduate comments section...VERY interesting...i wonder though, are they actual verified grads, or can anyone make a comment? I want to know if these comments are legit, or if they can be trolls like people from Businessweek.

I believe those are taken from surveys they send to students. Remember the comment could come from the one kid that felt that though.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Aau,

do you have any updates on Duke's decision date ( like the decision was moved up to December)? :P
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23