Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
 Q50  V35
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
I submitted on Oct. 31st, and went to "under review" status on Dec. 10th. Still haven't received an interview invite and things aren't lookging too rosy.

I submitted mine at the same time and but mine is still at "received" status...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
nsulham wrote:
Has anyone who submitted the Park Fellows Essay heard anything since??

i submitted a park fellows essay and haven't heard anything back. but that's a given, since i am waitlisted. =P

i did read on the BW forums that someone got an invitation to the park fellows weekend in ithaca. apparently he is a finalist.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Anyone from R2 get an interview invite yet? When do R2 invites go out until?

thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Had my R1 interview today. Other than getting to Ithaca (and now getting out..) everything went fine. Standard questions. A 2nd year student asked most/all questions, with an adcom sat along and evaluated both, him and me.
I was told that none of them has seen the application, they don't do so purposely to get a better sense of the candidate fully from the interview.

Advice to all R2 candidates - avoid the Syracuse-> Ithaca route, the buses run only twice during the day, and they can run late. Or well, your flight can be caught in a snow storm (like mine), you might land in timberland before Syracuse and miss the bus. And driving in a snow storm on this deserted route isn't worth. I had booked the tickets a while back with no prediction of a storm, missed buses and ended up driving - it wasn't so bad as the storm just subsided, and I managed to share the ride with someone interesting en route to Ithaca as well :) .
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V35
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmat_march wrote:
Had my R1 interview today.

Do you mean R2 interview? I thought the decisions for R1 were already out.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
tauslu wrote:
gmat_march wrote:
Had my R1 interview today.

Do you mean R2 interview? I thought the decisions for R1 were already out.

No, this is why I mentioned R1. I got the call in the first week of december. There were 5 (all R1) ppl. including me int'ing that day.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sounds like they are behind. I wonder if they have gotten through many R2 applications yet...guess we will be holding our breath until Jan 11. Cornell seems like a very popular school to apply to this year...it's a great program so it's not surprising.
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V35
Send PM
[#permalink]
lanter1 wrote:
Sounds like they are behind. I wonder if they have gotten through many R2 applications yet...guess we will be holding our breath until Jan 11. Cornell seems like a very popular school to apply to this year...it's a great program so it's not surprising.

Well, we may want to hold our breath longer than that. If they are late for R1, why wouldn't they be later for R2 as well?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just took my interview this past Friday. There were 4 of us, 2 round one and 2 for round two. My interview was so late because it took a while to get my official GMAT score in. They might not be so behind after all. There might be some reason for the delay, not that they are overwhelmed.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
iamjoesargent wrote:
I just took my interview this past Friday. There were 4 of us, 2 round one and 2 for round two. My interview was so late because it took a while to get my official GMAT score in. They might not be so behind after all. There might be some reason for the delay, not that they are overwhelmed.

we should've met then, did you take the info-session as well? But I remember all 3 people with me said they were R1ers....although, I also remember seeing some more name-tags on the table after I came back from the session ..so may be there were more of us, we just didn't get to see everyone else ..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
iamjoesargent wrote:

could be just a scheduling issue for R1 interviews and not that they are behind...who knows? I know that waiting is stinks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
^^Yes I took a 9:15 interview and the 11:55 info session. I am pretty sure I remember there being 50/50 R1 and R2. Were you in that info session? I was the black guy, lol.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
iamjoesargent wrote:
^^Yes I took a 9:15 interview and the 11:55 info session. I am pretty sure I remember there being 50/50 R1 and R2. Were you in that info session? I was the black guy, lol.

Oh ..cool, the cornell undergrad ..rt ? Then I must remember the R1/R2 thing wrong. The girl was R1 for sure, I talked to her before the int'w .. not 100 % sure about the other american dude. I was the brown guy, lol .. the indian.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah that was me. I guess I heard wrong, so disregard my other post, whoever may be reading this. I'm pretty sure my interview was so late because of a delay in my official GMAT score though.

Barring a long delay because of the weather in Ithaca, we should hear back within the week...good luck.

PS - I guess we could have PMed all of this info...anything to boost my post count though, lol.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
iamjoesargent wrote:
Yeah that was me. I guess I heard wrong, so disregard my other post, whoever may be reading this. I'm pretty sure my interview was so late because of a delay in my official GMAT score though.

Barring a long delay because of the weather in Ithaca, we should hear back within the week...good luck.

PS - I guess we could have PMed all of this info...anything to boost my post count though, lol.

Yo man ...good luck to you too ..so we were just 4 ...which means, the adcomms might be looking at our files as I am typing this ... its kinda nerve wrecking to think about it !
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
[#permalink]
svrider wrote:

I started off with the application process pretty late having take the gmat only this August. I posted on testmagic & beatthegmat often during test prep. I've been hanging out in bw since starting the application process. I wish I had found gmatclub earlier as it would've helped formulate some application strategies with the wealth of info from previous applicants.

While I haven't been successful at K (dinged within few hrs of Cornell admit), I can share whatever I know about Cornell & details about the interview process. I'll also post my profile sometime.

Cheers,
svrider

Hmmm, i've applied to round 3. However i started the process even later.... end of October i decided to apply for MBA!!! GMAT was taken mid november, and i've submitted to 6 schools after 3-4 weeks of essay writing.!!! Wanted to get all my applications done before xmas/new year so i can spend the time with my wife and kid.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
WAITLISTED ..

Dinged from CBS, WL at Cornell, no news=ding at Ross, Darden=silent on my app. .....this is just never-ending ...:( .
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  43