Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
Re: Where are you guys with R2? [#permalink]
Submitted all of my R2 applications: UNC, Yale, Darden and Chicago. Very relieved and happy about being finally done!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Chicago, Stanford, Harvard, UCLA all submitted. Hopefully one will pan out.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Almost done with essays for Kellogg. Need final revising and then it's done. Probably this weekend.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Kry if you want another set of eyes to give a quick read over those Kellogg essays let me know.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Send PM
Haas R2 : Submitted
Ross R2 : Submitted (a few mins back)
Kellogg R2 : Final polish needed.
McCombs R2 : Final tune-up needed.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
UCLA - Submitted on 12/25
Wharton - Submitted on 12/25
Chicago GSB - In progress. Right now, the essays are not in great shape. Probably my worst app so far. Will submit by this weekend though.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
yup, thanks river! Might send you something once I refine it a little.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
Berkeley - submitted
Wharton - submitted
Stanford - essay A causing headaches and stress
Columbia - pretty much done, except for proofreading
UCLA - have missed R2 due to dithering, but have been inspired by Kry and am going to throw my hat into the ring for R3. Will file app early, in the next few weeks
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Wharton R2 - dropped, well I still have time, but my recos don't :lol:
Stanford R2 - I think I finished; however I don't fell I could do a great job at essay A...

My season is almost finished.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
nervousgmat wrote:
Submitted all of my R2 applications: UNC, Yale, Darden and Chicago. Very relieved and happy about being finally done!

Hats off to you Nervous.. this inspite of getting a Kellogg admit
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Yeah .. this is a significant accomplishment, nervous. However, I am not sure if it made a lot of sense. I can understand continuing applying to schools that you may choose over Kellogg (Based on reputation or $$$). But you can't still be considering all of UNC, Yale, Darden and Chicago after having an admit already, right? For example, if you won't go to UNC even if it gives you a free ride .. then why did you apply? How did you tell UNC (In your essays) that you were truly hoping to get an admit there when there's no way for you to go there? Weren't you unfair to UNC and others applying to UNC?

ps. I just took UNC as an example. I obviously don't know what your priorities are. And I am just curious. Please don't take it otherwise.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
mNeo wrote:
Yeah .. this is a significant accomplishment, nervous. However, I am not sure if it made a lot of sense. I can understand continuing applying to schools that you may choose over Kellogg (Based on reputation or $$$). But you can't still be considering all of UNC, Yale, Darden and Chicago after having an admit already, right? For example, if you won't go to UNC even if it gives you a free ride .. then why did you apply? How did you tell UNC (In your essays) that you were truly hoping to get an admit there when there's no way for you to go there? Weren't you unfair to UNC and others applying to UNC?

ps. I just took UNC as an example. I obviously don't know what your priorities are.

I wont state this as a fact but I know nervous is hoping for a scholarship so if she gets a fullride to UNC she very well might choose it. The only ones I would wonder about are Chicago and Yale, unless she likes them more than Kellogg. Then again she could always get a scholarship from them too. Scholarships are funny, you never quiet know who is going to get what from where.

She is actually playing a smart game with her apps, spread it out across a wide variety of schools she felt met her needs. She didn't aim for just top 5s, for her a scholarship might sway her into choosing a school other than the UE she already was admitted to. I think a lot more people go the H/S/W route and pray to get in and no matter what go there than try what she is doing...any top 20 school that admits her will do so knowing she may end up at a higher school. In reality a lot of us dont NEED to go to an M7 but want to, props to nervous for doing she feels what is right for her.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
nervous, definitely impressive that you did FOUR more apps after a Kellogg admit! I worship you! :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Well .. I can understand that a scholarship may sway you one way or the other once you have multiple admits. Much like what happened with pelihu. But applying to new schools where you will go *only* if you get certain amount of scholarship does not sound any more logical than applying to the first-5 schools from the USNEWS rankings. This is no attack on nervous, but I feel that the kind of strategy that river guessed nervous has seems unfair to schools that she was always going to reject. No school would want an applicant who would want to join the school *only* if (s)he gets a full-ride or 40% scholarship or whatever. Again, I could understand a statement like, "I like UNC just as well as Kellogg. So a few scholarship $$ may make me join UNC". But I can't understand the same statement for 4 more schools. An MBA, by nature, is a very expensive sport. Considering your opportunity costs (Financial and professional), tuition money, relocation expenses etc, how much value can you give to scholarship anyway?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
It may just be that once you start something you finish it.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
mNeo wrote:
Well .. I can understand that a scholarship may sway you one way or the other once you have multiple admits. Much like what happened with pelihu. But applying to new schools where you will go *only* if you get certain amount of scholarship does not sound any more logical than applying to the first-5 schools from the USNEWS rankings. This is no attack on nervous, but I feel that the kind of strategy that river guessed nervous has seems unfair to schools that she was always going to reject. No school would want an applicant who would want to join the school *only* if (s)he gets a full-ride or 40% scholarship or whatever. Again, I could understand a statement like, "I like UNC just as well as Kellogg. So a few scholarship $$ may make me join UNC". But I can't understand the same statement for 4 more schools. An MBA, by nature, is a very expensive sport. Considering your opportunity costs (Financial and professional), tuition money, relocation expenses etc, how much value can you give to scholarship anyway?

i think schools know what they are doing when they offer you a full scholarship. this doesnt mean the student wont be a good student and alum. i went to undergrad on a full scholarship, and while i probably wouldnt have without the scholarship i loved my time there and am a loyal alum
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
well, rhyme has a point, and I would be "guilty" of applying to Kellogg and wanting to go only if I get a scholarship from them (or use them as a scholarship negotiation trump card if I get in).

I don't see the difference between applying to 1 school for that reason or 4. If you're interested in the school because of fit, and you would go if the scholarship is good, then what does it matter (other than your own application fees and time) if you apply to just one or all four? Also, nervous was pretty much done with all four of them, so might as well just finish them. I give her kudos for that.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4